Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bloodborne - gameplay and strategy

Quote:So I'm at a bit of an impasse right now.

I lit the Cathedral Ward lamp, but I can't seem to progress from there unless I buy the Chief Hunter's emblem to proceed. All other doors are locked to me save Old Yharnam. Any ideas?
you can buy the emblem or I think theres another boss/area thats optional to progress possibly on the bridge or threw the sewers to old yarnham I think.  

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Killed Gascoigne in the first go,feeling like a boss.

Quote:Killed Gascoigne in the first go,feeling like a boss.

Dang! Nice job! I think you and I are at the same point in time in the game.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Dang! Nice job! I think you and I are at the same point in time in the game.

The tiny music box helped a ton though to be fair. You at the temple of odeon too?

Quote:Killed Gascoigne in the first go,feeling like a boss.

Probably the most fun fight in the game.  I'm working my way through the chalice dungeons which are a bit of a nightmare.

Go Jags!

Quote:The tiny music box helped a ton though to be fair. You at the temple of odeon too?

I saved the music box for "beast mode", but it took me a few tries to get the timing down on how to use it. I even came up with a little saying for the box: Once for blood (to heal), once for fire (to throw a Molotov at him), once for sword (to attack via the RH weapon).

I'm at the Temple of Odeon, and I've even progressed down to Old Yharnam but I ran into Machine Gun fire so I turned back. As I stated above, I'm at a bit of an impasse right now but I don't know if I've pursued every avenue open to me just yet.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I saved the music box for "beast mode", but it took me a few tries to get the timing down on how to use it. I even came up with a little saying for the box: Once for blood (to heal), once for fire (to throw a Molotov at him), once for sword (to attack via the RH weapon).

I'm at the Temple of Odeon, and I've even progressed down to Old Yharnam but I ran into Machine Gun fire so I turned back. As I stated above, I'm at a bit of an impasse right now but I don't know if I've pursued every avenue open to me just yet.

ya theres a way to approach that machine gun fire from the back but I think its a more difficult path.  That area is kind of a nightmare an NPC is behind the gun but you have already aggro'd him so you won't be able to talk to him.  Theres something outside Cathedral Ward that will grab you and take you to a new/hidden area.  There area  lot of avenues just keep wandering around and smashing boxes/ coffins and crates and you will find more.

Go Jags!

Stuck in the same place,explored the area at cathedral wars with all the big trolls and ,can only find a closed door there and I can't get by the machine gun fire without being killed.

Quote:Stuck in the same place,explored the area at cathedral wars with all the big trolls and ,can only find a closed door there and I can't get by the machine gun fire without being killed.

I got stuck there for a while.  You can run through like a crazy person and get swarmed or you can run through like a crazy person and find the 2-3 ladders/doors that take you somewhere.  You can methodically kill everything while dodging machine gun fire.  You can run through find the ladder to the machine gun guy then probably get killed by him because he is really tough.  I think there is still some other paths available around cathedral ward go there read messages fight the thingy behind the cart next to the lamp and lose

Go Jags!

So I stumbled across a comment on this game the other day and it's bugging me. I'm paraphrasing here but someone essentially said "You don't know how Defense works in this game." This wasn't directed at me, but more in a general sense but it got me wondering. Is there a unique way that armor is used and Defense is developed in this game? I did notice that there is a difference between the different armor ratings and the "Damage Reduced" section.

Is there something there that I'm not seeing?

Quote:So I stumbled across a comment on this game the other day and it's bugging me. I'm paraphrasing here but someone essentially said "You don't know how Defense works in this game." This wasn't directed at me, but more in a general sense but it got me wondering. Is there a unique way that armor is used and Defense is developed in this game? I did notice that there is a difference between the different armor ratings and the "Damage Reduced" section.

Is there something there that I'm not seeing?

I'm not sure what they were getting at but probably how the different armors are good/bad verse different types of damage, the other thing they could mean is that you want to be aggressive to regain your lost health which has an effect on damage.

Go Jags!

Blood starved beast is [BLEEP],getting closer to killing each time which makes the deaths harder.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 01:16 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:Blood starved beast is [BAD WORD REMOVED],getting closer to killing each time which makes the deaths harder.
thats another fun fight

Side note i loaded some all pro sliders into my madden game that actually made the game fun and challenging currently 3-3 with the jags after losing two heart breakers.

Go Jags!

Progress thus far:

I've gotten through Cathedral Ward, and cleared out most, if not all, the loot. Had a few interesting things happen though.

1. Helped Eileen kill Henryk. This was a surprise to me since I tried to go to the Oedon Chapel lamp, and it was "not available". I tracked my way to it, and ol' Henry there starts shooting at me. Next thing I know, Eileen shows up and we take him down. Go Team!

2. I was able to, and still am I think, to summon Old Hunter Henriett. The summon spot is right past the gate that leads you to Vicar Amelia. The interesting thing was that when I summoned her, the Bell Ringing woman rang a Sinister Bell. So the next thing I know, another hunter shows up with a Threaded Cane, a Blunderbuss, and a weird screen name and takes on the both of us. He left before we finished him off though. This is odd to me because I don't even have a Sinister Bell in my inventory. Does Henriett just trigger the Bell when she is summoned?

Quote:Progress thus far:

I've gotten through Cathedral Ward, and cleared out most, if not all, the loot. Had a few interesting things happen though.

1. Helped Eileen kill Henryk. This was a surprise to me since I tried to go to the Oedon Chapel lamp, and it was "not available". I tracked my way to it, and ol' Henry there starts shooting at me. Next thing I know, Eileen shows up and we take him down. Go Team!

2. I was able to, and still am I think, to summon Old Hunter Henriett. The summon spot is right past the gate that leads you to Vicar Amelia. The interesting thing was that when I summoned her, the Bell Ringing woman rang a Sinister Bell. So the next thing I know, another hunter shows up with a Threaded Cane, a Blunderbuss, and a weird screen name and takes on the both of us. He left before we finished him off though. This is odd to me because I don't even have a Sinister Bell in my inventory. Does Henriett just trigger the Bell when she is summoned?
sounds like you got invaded by another player, that happens sometimes

Go Jags!

Quote:sounds like you got invaded by another player, that happens sometimes

There are so many nuances to playing this game that I'm having to learn. I didn't want to go fight Amelia, but Henriett had a limited range.

Took me forever to figure out how to send her home.

Quote:There are so many nuances to playing this game that I'm having to learn. I didn't want to go fight Amelia, but Henriett had a limited range.

Took me forever to figure out how to send her home.
ya it can be pretty aggravating trying to figure it out, I'm on a break from my game.  I might get the remastered DS2 to play through again right now i'm on a madden kick with new sliders that make it more realistic.  Also have until dawn me and my girlfriend play randomly

Go Jags!

Quote:ya it can be pretty aggravating trying to figure it out, I'm on a break from my game.  I might get the remastered DS2 to play through again right now i'm on a madden kick with new sliders that make it more realistic.  Also have until dawn me and my girlfriend play randomly

I'm not a Madden guy, but what you are describing does sound fun. And I know all about taking a break from these things, it can get tiring.

Quote:I'm not a Madden guy, but what you are describing does sound fun. And I know all about taking a break from these things, it can get tiring.

I tend to binge on things then take a long break then binge again.  I think it took 3 binges to basically beat bloodborne, the final binge will be to actually beat it and the nightmare frontier and dlc, only things i have left.

Go Jags!

So I'm cruising through Old Yharnam and I'm looking for the Rifle Spear. I've cleaned out most everything except the boss spaces, still nothing.

Any suggestions?