Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bloodborne - gameplay and strategy

Quote:So I'm cruising through Old Yharnam and I'm looking for the Rifle Spear. I've cleaned out most everything except the boss spaces, still nothing.

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if I've ever used that weapon so it doesn't stick out where to find it.  Might be one you have to buy

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've taken a leave of absence due to the blood starved beast..what a [BLEEP].

Quote:I'm not sure if I've ever used that weapon so it doesn't stick out where to find it. Might be one you have to buy

Nevermind. Found it!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Took down the Blood Starved Beast in two tries. To be completely honest though, I should tell you that I summoned Alfred to help me.

Befriended Djura due to me dying to the Darkbeast Paal(?).

Visited the Healing Church Workshop, but I need to go back for the Original Hunter's Workshop.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2016, 09:51 AM by Deacon.)

Spent maaaaaaybe a little too much time this weekend on this game but got a lot of progress under my belt.

Haven't figured out the trick to the Darkbeast just yet, but I did take down Amelia. I had been avoiding her but I ended up taking her down in the first shot, thanks in no small part to Henriett and Fire Paper. I'm worried that I may have jumped the gun on this a bit as I maybe should have taken down the Hemwick Witch prior to nightfall, but whaddayagonnado?

Went to the Abandoned Workshop, but I still have a few more bits of the Cathedral Ward / Workshop area to explore. Then, it's on to Hemwick I think.

Also, Ludwig's Holy Blade. Whooooooaaaaaaa baby, ain't this thing cool?!?!

Quote:Spent maaaaaaybe a little too much time this weekend on this game but got a lot of progress under my belt.

Haven't figured out the trick to the Darkbeast just yet, but I did take down Amelia. I had been avoiding her but I ended up taking her down in the first shot, thanks in no small part to Henriett and Fire Paper. I'm worried that I may have jumped the gun on this a bit as I maybe should have taken down the Hemwick Witch prior to nightfall, but whaddayagonnado?

Went to the Abandoned Workshop, but I still have a few more bits of the Cathedral Ward / Workshop area to explore. Then, it's on to Hemwick I think.

Also, Ludwig's Holy Blade. Whooooooaaaaaaa baby, ain't this thing cool?!?!

The witch was pretty easy, the Ludwig Holy Blade pretty much carried me through the entire game.   The forbidden forest is one of my favorite areas you are fast approaching it.

Go Jags!

Quote:The witch was pretty easy, (1)
the Ludwig Holy Blade pretty much carried me through the entire game. (2)
  The forbidden forest is one of my favorite areas you are fast approaching it. (3)

1. The Witch was the point that I gave up on my first go-round, so I've got a mental block there to get over.

2. My plan for going through the game is to keep my STR and SKL levels comparable and to make use of a Holy Blade / Threaded Cane weapon combo. I love the heavy hits of the Blade, but the quickness of the Cane gets me out of being stoopid quite a bit.

3. I've read up on the Forest level a bit and I understand it can be a pain. Ah well, that's half the fun I guess.

Also, thoughts on what to do with Djura? I've seen where you can make him an ally, and I've done this, but I also see where he owns a supersupersweet set of Armor and that the only way to get a hold of it is to take him out. I am not a fan of taking down an NPC just 'cause, but if it's the best way through the game, well...

Quote:1. The Witch was the point that I gave up on my first go-round, so I've got a mental block there to get over.

2. My plan for going through the game is to keep my STR and SKL levels comparable and to make use of a Holy Blade / Threaded Cane weapon combo. I love the heavy hits of the Blade, but the quickness of the Cane gets me out of being stoopid quite a bit.

3. I've read up on the Forest level a bit and I understand it can be a pain. Ah well, that's half the fun I guess.

Also, thoughts on what to do with Djura? I've seen where you can make him an ally, and I've done this, but I also see where he owns a supersupersweet set of Armor and that the only way to get a hold of it is to take him out. I am not a fan of taking down an NPC just 'cause, but if it's the best way through the game, well...

I didn't realize he was an NPC until after I had killed him, so until I play back through the game I won't know him as an ally lol.  The forest is a blast and somewhat terrifying pretty difficult as well.

Go Jags!

She's dead! She's dead! The wicked witch is dead!

Cleared at the Hemwick Charnel Lane and the witch. Got Ludwig's blade up to a +6 and I even took down Paarl.

Now it's off to the Forest.

Man, the forest is confusing!!! It took me several tries, but I'm pretty sure I've picked up everything (several Runes, lots of Shards, and even a Chunk) and unlocked all of the doors. I left a lot of Echoes there too, but it's done and the lamp to Byrgenwerth is lit so I don't have to relive that any time soon.

Tried my hand at Castle Cainhurst; saw that it took me five or six hits just to take down the first set of enemies there and promptly dipped out to the Hunter's Dream. I'll have to come back to that later.

Cleared out Byrgenwerth and that annoying lady Hunter with the help of a summoned Hunter. I've got my eyes on Rom next.

Quote:Man, the forest is confusing!!! It took me several tries, but I'm pretty sure I've picked up everything (several Runes, lots of Shards, and even a Chunk) and unlocked all of the doors. I left a lot of Echoes there too, but it's done and the lamp to Byrgenwerth is lit so I don't have to relive that any time soon.

Tried my hand at Castle Cainhurst; saw that it took me five or six hits just to take down the first set of enemies there and promptly dipped out to the Hunter's Dream. I'll have to come back to that later.

Cleared out Byrgenwerth and that annoying lady Hunter with the help of a summoned Hunter. I've got my eyes on Rom next.

I hate Rom, he is the only boss in the game that caused me to quit for a few weeks.

Go Jags!

Quote:I hate Rom, he is the only boss in the game that caused me to quit for a few weeks.

He definitely tore through a bunch of my supplies. Not even sure how many chances it took me but once I focused on killing all of his minions, the fight went much better. Ludwig's Blade helped a ton as well.

Now, instead of dying to Rom I'm dying to the Bloody Crow. Now THAT guy is annoying.

Quote:He definitely tore through a bunch of my supplies. Not even sure how many chances it took me but once I focused on killing all of his minions, the fight went much better. Ludwig's Blade helped a ton as well.

Now, instead of dying to Rom I'm dying to the Bloody Crow. Now THAT guy is annoying.

probably my favorite fight in the game, I love the NPC fights in these games

Go Jags!

Quote:probably my favorite fight in the game, I love the NPC fights in these games

It's funny, most every "major" fight in this game reminds me of when I play pool. If I'll just be patient and take a good shot, eventually things will work out.

I ended up taking this guy down via fire paper and distance. Just waited for the right time and actually ended up finishing him off with the pistol of all things.

Quote:It's funny, most every "major" fight in this game reminds me of when I play pool. If I'll just be patient and take a good shot, eventually things will work out.

I ended up taking this guy down via fire paper and distance. Just waited for the right time and actually ended up finishing him off with the pistol of all things.
mine was a hail mary visceral attack,  I had run out of blood vials was low on health.  Had worked him down but he still had a lot of room to go and caught him and got the big hit for the win.

Go Jags!

Quote:mine was a hail mary visceral attack,  I had run out of blood vials was low on health.  Had worked him down but he still had a lot of room to go and caught him and got the big hit for the win.

Nice! I definitely need to work on my parry. There's a few characters that I have pretty much dialed it in, but I miss on more than I make. It can really shorten a fight if it's done right.

Quote:Nice! I definitely need to work on my parry. There's a few characters that I have pretty much dialed it in, but I miss on more than I make. It can really shorten a fight if it's done right.

ya I don't try them a whole lot usually in the beginning of a fight and then again when he is at like a 3rd health.  Its one of the harder things about souls games but great if you can do them.

Go Jags!

So after a long hiatus through a rather work-intensive Spring, I've picked this back up. Going through the Yahar'gul Unseen Village right now so I've been introduced to the Bell Ringing Women. And they suck. Still, I made it to the lamp at the top of the Chapel so I made some decent progress. Picked up some Blood Chunks and upgraded the Holy Blade. You were correct Realtor Pat regarding the weapon scaling. My Saw Cleaver has pretty much been left in the dust by the Threaded Cane.

Quote:So after a long hiatus through a rather work-intensive Spring, I've picked this back up. Going through the Yahar'gul Unseen Village right now so I've been introduced to the Bell Ringing Women. And they suck. Still, I made it to the lamp at the top of the Chapel so I made some decent progress. Picked up some Blood Chunks and upgraded the Holy Blade. You were correct Realtor Pat regarding the weapon scaling. My Saw Cleaver has pretty much been left in the dust by the Threaded Cane.

I think I will be coming back to this game dark souls 3 has ran its course.  Scaling is pretty crazy when you figure it out and really changes which weapon you continue on with.  I'm in the DLC now and want to get the whirling saw

Go Jags!

Quote:I think I will be coming back to this game dark souls 3 has ran its course. Scaling is pretty crazy when you figure it out and really changes which weapon you continue on with. I'm in the DLC now and want to get the whirling saw

That whirlygig saw looks really cool. I may get the DLC just to have the opportunity to use that thing.

How is the gameplay so far?