Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bloodborne - gameplay and strategy

So I polished off Castle Cainhurst and that pain in the neck Logarius. I wrapped up Alfred's storyline so it's off to Nightmare of Mensis.

I've already "donated" about 60K blood echoes to the place, so this should be fun. I've got Ludwig's Blade up to +9 and the cane to +8. Still, the enemies are rather strong at this point.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That whirlygig saw looks really cool. I may get the DLC just to have the opportunity to use that thing.

How is the gameplay so far?

game play is pretty cool in the DLC I haven't gotten too far but there are more Hunters to fight, which is probably my favorite part of the base game.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

So on a whim, I went and bought the Chikage. It's supposed to be quite the weapon. Any thoughts on this thing?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:So on a whim, I went and bought the Chikage. It's supposed to be quite the weapon. Any thoughts on this thing?

I never used that one

Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 07:53 PM by Deacon.)

[Dirty word] that [Dirty word] Nightmare of [Dirty word] Mensis right in the [Dirty word] [Dirty word].

[DIRTY WORD]!!!

Quote:[Dirty word] that [Dirty word] Nightmare of [Dirty word] Mensis right in the [Dirty word] [Dirty word].

[DIRTY WORD]!!!

Yup i managed to miss that area on my blind playthrough.  Still haven't made it all the way through there between the tough creatures and constant invasions its pretty rough

Go Jags!

Finally finished off the Nightmare, taking down Micolash (not that hard) and Mergo's Wet Nurse (made up for Micolash). I used my Blood Rock on Ludwig's Holy Blade since it pretty much carried me through the game. I still need to clean up the "other" nightmare.

Big time necro bump here but I finally finished off the entire thing. Tore through the Nightmare Frontier (total pain in the [BLEEP]), took down Amygdala, spent a lot of time fighting Gehrman and took down the Moon Presence on the first shot.

Whew! What a ride.

Have a few free weeks coming up now. Going to grit my teeth and finish this game

I still need to finish it and find it actually.  I was organizing the other day and realized it was missing from my collection.

Go Jags!

I think I actually shed a tear when the closing clip played. 

Quote:I think I actually shed a tear when the closing clip played. 

That game is a masterpiece, I actually like it better than dark souls 3

Go Jags!

Quote:That game is a masterpiece, I actually like it better than dark souls 3

So maybe this is me fangirl-ing a bit, but do you think there's enough of a following and enough depth and width to make a Bloodborne television show? Nothing HBO-ish or anything, but a SciFi or AMC type. 

The more I think about it, the more I feel like you could probably get two or maybe even three solid seasons out of it. I don't know if Miyazaki would ever go for it but I know I'd be down to watch it.

Quote:So maybe this is me fangirl-ing a bit, but do you think there's enough of a following and enough depth and width to make a Bloodborne television show? Nothing HBO-ish or anything, but a SciFi or AMC type. 

The more I think about it, the more I feel like you could probably get two or maybe even three solid seasons out of it. I don't know if Miyazaki would ever go for it but I know I'd be down to watch it.

God I wish.  Could make entire game of thrones style shows with the Lore from dark souls and bloodborne.

Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2016, 11:18 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:God I wish.  Could make entire game of thrones style shows with the Lore from dark souls and bloodborne.

I get what you're saying, but I'd want it to be "darker" and smaller than GoT if that makes sense. There's nothing epic about Blood or Souls other than the hints that it drops. Hell, maybe CW would be willing to do it. Thing that I worry about is that the underlying theme of these games is that the story isn't told as much as it's discovered by the player and is really up for interpretation by the individual player / viewer. I'm not so sure that 1. Hollywood is going to be willing to be that loose with the story and 2. that the show in that form will have enough viewers to warrant being made.

Quote:I get what you're saying, but I'd want it to be "darker" and smaller than GoT if that makes sense. There's nothing epic about Blood or Souls other than the hints that it drops. Hell, maybe CW would be willing to do it. Thing that I worry about is that the underlying theme of these games is that the story isn't told as much as it's discovered by the player and is really up for interpretation by the individual player / viewer. I'm not so sure that 1. Hollywood is going to be willing to be that loose with the story and 2. that the show in that form will have enough viewers to warrant being made.

If i did a show I would probably just focus on the healing church

Go Jags!

Quote:If i did a show I would probably just focus on the healing church

Great thought there.

Dude start a new game and get the whirligigsaw asap it is an absolute blast.

Go Jags!

Quote:Dude start a new game and get the whirligigsaw asap it is an absolute blast.

Damn you. Man, I got stuff tah do!!!

Quote:Damn you. Man, I got stuff tah do!!!

its a chainstaw on a stick that has an L2 lawnmower attack.  You have to kill 2 bosses, have the DLC and go on a crazy run to get it super early, theres a youtube video showing the best path.

Go Jags!