Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

They are: QB Brett Favre, WR Terrell Owens, K Morten Andersen, S Steve Atwater, coach Don Coryell, RB Terrell Davis, coach Tony Dungy, G Alan Faneca, LB Kevin Greene, WR Marvin Harrison, T Joe Jacoby, RB Edgerrin James, and QB Kurt Warner

http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/0ap3...-finalists

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Favre, Owens, and Warner should all be 1st ballots IMO

Quote:Favre, Owens, and Warner should all be 1st ballots IMO

I agree and I think it's about damn time that Kevin Greene gets in.

3rd all time in sacks.  He should have been in 1st ballot.

Quote:I agree and I think it's about damn time that Kevin Greene gets in.

3rd all time in sacks.  He should have been in 1st ballot.
I agree

If you go purely by on-field achievements, Harrison belongs in there, too, but I think Dungy is number five because of how much (well deserved) respect he has from the rest of the league.

I don't recall Edgerrin James having much of an impact at wide receiver, but hey, you learn something new every day.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:If you go purely by on-field achievements, Harrison belongs in there, too, but I think Dungy is number five because of how much (well deserved) respect he has from the rest of the league.

I don't recall Edgerrin James having much of an impact at wide receiver, but hey, you learn something new every day.

LOL Good job pointing that out Bender. I fixed it.

And no Boselli.

Boselli screwed his career up by not wearing shoulder pads. Sure, he technically had pads on, but they were about as flimsy as the pads ladies use to prevent "spotting". Back then it was a big deal for OL to not give the defenders anything to hold on to, including bulky shoulder pads. Boselli took it to the extreme.

I remember it was his 3rd year and he had gained a lot of attention by tossing Bruce Smith around in the 96 playoffs. He talked about becoming a more complete player by improving his run blocking. And he did. He played lower in the run game and when he lowered the boom, defenders went to the ground. He still had those dumb little Sta-free pads on though, and it tore up the shoulders. Too bad. He could have easily had a 12 year career and retired as the consensus best-ever.

Quote:And no Boselli. Boselli screwed his career up by not wearing shoulder pads. Sure, he technically had pads on, but they were about as flimsy as the pads ladies use to prevent "spotting". Back then it was a big deal for OL to not give the defenders anything to hold on to, including bulky shoulder pads. Boselli took it to the extreme. I remember it was his 3rd year and he had gained a lot of attention by tossing Bruce Smith around in the 96 playoffs. He talked about becoming a more complete player by improving his run blocking. And he did. He played lower in the run game and when he lowered the boom, defenders went to the ground. He still had those dumb little Sta-free pads on though, and it tore up the shoulders. Too bad. He could have easily had a 12 year career and retired as the consensus best-ever.
Don't worry i got the link for ya  :thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pads&rlz...BygC&dpr=1

Quote:And no Boselli. Boselli screwed his career up by not wearing shoulder pads. Sure, he technically had pads on, but they were about as flimsy as the pads ladies use to prevent "spotting". Back then it was a big deal for OL to not give the defenders anything to hold on to, including bulky shoulder pads. Boselli took it to the extreme. I remember it was his 3rd year and he had gained a lot of attention by tossing Bruce Smith around in the 96 playoffs. He talked about becoming a more complete player by improving his run blocking. And he did. He played lower in the run game and when he lowered the boom, defenders went to the ground. He still had those dumb little Sta-free pads on though, and it tore up the shoulders. Too bad. He could have easily had a 12 year career and retired as the consensus best-ever.

It's funny because I remember his pads being relatively small for his size, but I just googled pictures of him and now they actually don't seem that small.  I really don't think that the pads had much to do with his injury though.

If the pads were the issue, how do you explain the injuries to his knees and ankles?

Quote:It's funny because I remember his pads being relatively small for his size, but I just Googled pictures of him and now they actually don't seem that small.  I really don't think that the pads had much to do with his injury though.

If the pads were the issue, how do you explain the injuries to his knees and ankles?

I heard he wore the same size shoulder pads as Mike Hollis, who we all know is not a big guy. But players who wear big shoulder pads tear up their shoulders too, so that does not explain what happened to him.

What do you all think of the guys who are finalists?

Quote:What do you all think of the guys who are finalists?

I remember Steve Atwater well. He would absolutely "Crunch" guys. He really hit hard if someone was in his area. These days, he probably would be penalized and fined for just about every hit he would make. Idk if he'll make it in the HOF this time though, we'll see.

I'm surprised Greene and Faneca aren't in yet. They're both definitely deserving.

Favre, Owens, Warner should be first ballot guys.

Quote:I remember Steve Atwater well. He would absolutely "Crunch" guys. He really hit hard if someone was in his area. These days, he probably would be penalized and fined for just about every hit he would make. Idk if he'll make it in the HOF this time though, we'll see.

I'm surprised Greene and Faneca aren't in yet. They're both definitely deserving.

Favre, Owens, Warner should be first ballot guys.

Alan Faneca has not been retired very long IIRC. Isn't this the first time he was named a finalist?

It will just be a matter of time for Steve Atwater if he does not get in this year.

Quote:Alan Faneca has not been retired very long IIRC. Isn't this the first time he was named a finalist?

It will just be a matter of time for Steve Atwater if he does not get in this year.
Oh, yeah it could be Faneca's first time (idk without looking it up). He was terrific.

Boselli is better than any of the lineman on this list.

Quote:Boselli is better than any of the lineman on this list.

Obviously. I hope Alan Faneca has to wait longer because of that.

I don't hope that because he is deserving as well.