Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chargers file for relocation to Los Angeles

https://twitter.com/callanmac3/status/68...5490560000

It's been coming but it's officially official. The Raiders and Rams are expected to do the same.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like Vic used to say: LA is never going to go away, some poor city is going to lose its team.

It was reported all three teams will apply on January 4, the first day they are allowed to.

Is it really official though?
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Is it really official though?
Officially official!

Quote:Officially official!

Not seeing it anywhere else, other than that twitter post.

However, it wouldn't be suprising. Sad to see the Chargers leave San Diego, if true.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Not seeing it anywhere else, other than that twitter post.

However, it wouldn't be suprising. Sad to see the Chargers leave San Diego, if true.

It would be the NFL story of the year if the Chargers don't end up applying for relocation to Carson,  CA.

The question is,  will the Carson project that the Chargers and Raiders are part of have the necessary 24 out of 32 NFL owners votes when a vote likely occurs next week or in the foreseeable future?

Quote: It would be the NFL story of the year if the Chargers don't end up applying for relocation to Carson, CA.

The question is, will the Carson project that the Chargers and Raiders are part of have the necessary 24 out of 32 NFL owners votes when a vote likely occurs next week or in the foreseeable future?

Are the Chargers more likely to move than the Raiders or Rams? I have not read if there is a favorite to move. Whatever happens will be the NFL story of the year.

All reports I read indicate the NFL does not have 24 votes yet for either Carson or Inglewood.

Quote:Like Vic used to say: LA is never going to go away, some poor city is going to lose its team.
It's sad because that town won't support it. History will repeat itself there in due time.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Think the league let's two of the three go?? I don't see it. It wouldn't be a wise move based on the past.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Are the Chargers more likely to move than the Raiders or Rams? I have not read if there is a favorite to move. Whatever happens will be the NFL story of the year.

All reports I read indicate the NFL does not have 24 votes yet for either Carson or Inglewood.

It seems like the Chargers have the most support to move from NFL owners.  However,  because Rams owner Stan Kroenke has by far the most revenue,  things could realistic change in crunch time.

I've read the same thing regarding no one having 24 votes at this time.   Carson,  especially the Chargers,  reportedly has the most votes.

Quote:Think the league let's two of the three go?? I don't see it. It wouldn't be a wise move based on the past.

This is basically what my response was going to be to what you expressed in your previous message.   The NFL would seem to be making a mistake if more than one team moves to Los Angeles anytime soon.  It's going to take a huge marketing effort to support one team when the novelty wears off.   I think one team can get good support in Los Angeles but one key component is going to be the need for star power.   Especially,  at the QB position.    The Raiders probably make the most sense of the 3 teams interested in moving to Los Angeles from a personnel standpoint.   Philip Rivers is one of the top QBs in the NFL but will be entering his 13th season in 2016.  Derek Carr's best days should be ahead.

Quote:This is basically what my response was going to be to what you expressed in your previous message. The NFL would seem to be making a mistake if more than one team moves to Los Angeles anytime soon. It's going to take a huge marketing effort to support one team when the novelty wears off.  I think one team can get good support in Los Angeles but one key component is going to be the need for star power. Especially at the QB position. The Raiders probably make the most sense of the 3 teams interested in moving to Los Angeles from a personnel standpoint. Philip Rivers is one of the top QBs in the NFL but will be entering his 13th season in 2016. Derek Carr's best days should be ahead.

That is a very good point nobody mentioned before. Both the Rams and Chargers chose to retain their coaches, who were both on the hot seat. Talent is lacking at many positions. Those two teams will not become winners soon enough. It's important to note, however, every team that gets a new stadium cites competition on the field. In other words, fans in Los Angeles will expect better futures regardless of which team they get.

does anyone know or can post a link on the process? Like, when is the vote and if it goes through, what's the timeline on the actual move?

Quote:Does anyone know or can post a link on the process? Like, when is the vote and if it goes through, what's the timeline on the actual move?

The owners meeting for a vote is January 12-13 in Houston. Nobody reported what the timeline would be if a team moves.

Quote:Think the league let's two of the three go?? I don't see it. It wouldn't be a wise move based on the past.
I expect the Chargers to go for sure. The NFL recognizes that if they're going to have a team in southern California, LA is the place to do it, not SD. I also doubt that the NFL wants the Chargers "competing" with their LA team. I know, the Padres and Dodgers don't take attendance away from each other, but when every single team being considered for LA has called the city "home" in the past, dividing loyalties up is bad for both the LA team(s) and, if they still exist, the San Diego Chargers.

Stan Kroenke is the wild card here. If the NFL tells him that the Raiders and Chargers are moving to Carson and he's stuck, it'll be interesting to see what he does next. Does he circle back to making it work in St. Louis? Does he sell the team? Does he pursue relocation to someplace else entirely, like San Antonio? Does he inform the world that he's moving there anyway and building his stadium, and the NFL can either send the Raiders or Chargers home or deal with a three-team market?

Or does he go nuclear and sue the crap out of the NFL for "colluding" against him?

Quote:That is a very good point nobody mentioned before. Both the Rams and Chargers chose to retain their coaches, who were both on the hot seat. Talent is lacking at many positions. Those two teams will not become winners soon enough. It's important to note, however, every team that gets a new stadium cites competition on the field. In other words, fans in Los Angeles will expect better futures regardless of which team they get.
I don't think anyone involved cares much who the coaches of the teams that move are. It's not about having the Los Angeles Ramcharaiders in the Super Bowl. It's about figuring out what the best business proposition is (i.e., which makes the most money) and facilitating that move.

I don't know if anyone else sees it this way, but I'm just glad the final chapter of the LA saga doesn't include the Jaguars.

This is the end of what was at least a 9 year long saga.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I don't know if anyone else sees it this way, but I'm just glad the final chapter of the LA saga doesn't include the Jaguars.

This is the end of what was at least a 9 year long saga.

Everyone sees it that way. Why would any Jaguars fan be happy if the team moved to Los Angeles?

The Rams and Raiders moved out 21 years ago. That is much longer than 9 years.

Quote:Everyone sees it that way. Why would any Jaguars fan be happy if the team moved to Los Angeles?

The Rams and Raiders moved out 21 years ago. That is much longer than 9 years.
Ok.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:does anyone know or can post a link on the process? Like, when is the vote and if it goes through, what's the timeline on the actual move?

A few minutes ago,  Chargers Owner and CEO Dean Spanos spoke about why the Chargers filed for relocation to the Los Angeles area.   I think you and the others participating here will find this of interest:

http://www.chargers.com/video/2016/01/04...elocation#