Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It could have been much worse for Jaguars fans

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 07:12 AM by Bullseye.)

We could have drafted Manziel...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...on-sunday/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...el-report/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He will be a Cowboy by training camp.

At least that's one bullet we dodged. Dude is way bad news.  :yes:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

As long as he isn't a Jaguar, fine by me.

He played it perfectly:

1. Sign a big deal with the Browns so they can't cut him early.

2. Screw up so they want to.

3. Play so poorly that he can't get on the field.

4. Get cut and sign with the team you wanted to play for.

5. Profit!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This gets back to who was truly responsible for the Browns deciding to draft Johnny Manziel in the 1st Round and what will be different in the future with the franchise to prevent a similar occurrence?

Quote:This gets back to who was truly responsible for the Browns deciding to draft Johnny Manziel in the 1st Round and what will be different in the future with the franchise to prevent a similar occurrence?
I wonder if Haslam still knows how to get in touch with that homeless guy who told him to take Manziel.

It's pretty clear he's doing everything he can to get out of Cleveland.

Can anyone blame him?

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 12:29 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:It's pretty clear he's doing everything he can to get out of Cleveland.

Can anyone blame him?
Well...Mack had an opt out provision put in his deal.

Actually, I don't think that's it.

I think he has a full blown substance dependence issue.

His own father said he worried about his drinking.

Quote:I wonder if Haslam still knows how to get in touch with that homeless guy who told him to take Manziel.

This entire situation really shows that some people can be highly successful in business.   But when it comes to running a pro sports organization,  they can fail in an epic manner.  

I wanted him too. Thankfully I'm no GM
No commercial messages in sigs

It's not about money. His family is gazillionaires from oil money. He wants to stay famous as long as he can by being a starting quarterback. Cleveland doesn't buy him that limelight like Dallas does, and he knows Jerry will sign him after the cluster that was the cowboys backup QB position in 2015. Gives Romo another shot with a backup they love, allowing them to draft something other than a potentially elite QB at the top of the draft.

What could go wrong?

Quote:I wanted him too. Thankfully I'm no GM
Dude, we've ALL missed wildly on a player for any number of reasons.

There are too many of mine to name them all, but goodness knows if my buddy misses one, I never let him hear the end of it.

Quote:Dude, we've ALL missed wildly on a player for any number of reasons.

There are too many of mine to name them all, but goodness knows if my buddy misses one, I never let him hear the end of it.

Like you have buddies.

But back to the Jacksonville situation; one thing I learned from my previous job is that no matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. As for the Manziel issue, it really does sadden me to watch a guy with that kind of talent and ability seemingly do everything that he can to submarine his career.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The Jackson Neos.

We dodged the manziel bullet AND the Tebow bullet like The One.

Quote:I wonder if Haslam still knows how to get in touch with that homeless guy who told him to take Manziel.

Pretty sure he's at the University of Texas now.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Like you have buddies.

But back to the Jacksonville situation; one thing I learned from my previous job is that no matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse.

Yeah...YOU could be my buddy!  :teehee: :yucky: Sick :woot:

Quote: 

As for the Manziel issue, it really does sadden me to watch a guy with that kind of talent and ability seemingly do everything that he can to submarine his career.
Everyone has shortcomings.  Some are more damaging to self than others.

Quote:The Jackson Neos.

We dodged the manziel bullet AND the Tebow bullet like The One.
Too bad we've "watched them die" far too often. 

Quote:Yeah...YOU could be my buddy!  :teehee: :yucky: Sick :woot:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I wouldn't do that to you. You seem like too decent of a person.

Everyone has shortcomings.  Some are more damaging to self than others.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Very true. At some point, someone who is truly on his (Manziel's) side is going to have to step in and stop him, right?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The browns have won 14 games during the 3 years Gus has been here, so we do have it worse!!