Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So the 2013 draft class was all trash

It's safe to say now? Enough time has passed to properly evaluate?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For pretty much the entire league.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:For pretty much the entire league.
Hopkins, Jordan Reed, Allen are the only 3 huge names that come to mind. Maybe Lacy, but he seems to be a head case.

One of the worst classes in history

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Le'Veon Bell, Kiko Alonso, Travis Kelce, Tyrann Mathieu, Keenan Allen, Latavius Murray are all pretty good too.

The '13 class was great to the Cardinals.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:For pretty much the entire league.

I'm tired of this excuse:

the Rams had a decent top of the draft with Austin, Olgetree and McDonald as starters.

the Texans found a top notch WR in Hopkins

the Steelers found a rock star in Le'Veon Bell

the Packers found Eddie Lacy

It's not just you I see that excuse around here all the time. but saying well the 2013 class just sucked all the way around is weak, it wasn't as top heavy as other drafts but there was talent to be found. We just didn't make the right selections.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Seems like there was a lot of potential there in our draft picks.  Most of them regressed this year.  Some of them never developed...  It's a shame.  Cyp and Gratz ,especially, started their careers on a very positive note.  Both had very good rookie years...

Maybe they just aren't Seattle Scheme type players?  Just spit ballin'...

As for the Joke.  He had a terrible game today, there's no doubt about that.  But he's still serviceable, don't ya'll think?  I mean, he's not a total bust, right?

You can add Quinton Patton to the list of good players from that draft.

Quote:I'm tired of this excuse:

the Rams had a decent top of the draft with Austin, Olgetree and McDonald as starters.

It's not just you I see that excuse around here all the time. but saying well the 2013 class just sucked all the way around is weak, it wasn't as top heavy as other drafts but there was talent to be found. We just didn't make the right selections.
Donald was drafted in 2014 and Olgetree is overrated

We should have taken Ansah over Joeckel. Joeckel is terrible, and Ansah would have really helped our pass rush.

Quote:Donald was drafted in 2014 and Olgetree is overrated

Maybe my eyes are broken, but I don't see where he mentions Aaron Donald at all. I do see where he mentions their safety TJ McDonald though.

The Lions have had some of the worst drafts over the years,  including 2011,  and the 2014 Draft looks very spotty at this time.   But in my 46 seasons as a Lions fan,  there's no question the 2013 Draft crop is the best one I've seen from this franchise.   Ezekiel ' Ziggy' Ansah,  Darius Slay,  Larry Warford, Devin Taylor,  Sam Martin,  and last but not least Theo Riddick are all good or better NFL players. 

Ansah, Caldwell really showed he was a rookie GM by taking no risks and it got him nothing
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:I'm tired of this excuse:

Surely you're not referencing Tavon Austin are you? He has a whopping 1100 yards in 3 years.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Donald was drafted in 2014 and Olgetree is overrated

TJ McDonald he was there starting safety until he was injured this year just like Olgetree. having a guy injured isn't the same as drafting bad players. 

Quote:Surely you're not referencing Tavon Austin are you? He has a whopping 1100 yards in 3 years.

With who throwing to him? Austin is a decent WR 

Yes.  Garbage top to bottom.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:With who throwing to him? Austin is a decent WR

If you'd visit the Rams board you'd see they think he's a bust as well. He's a top 10 pick but produces like a 5th round pick/gadget player. He's averaging 9.3 ypc in his career and this was a guy who was thought to excel in a dink and dunk offense. You don't need a big time QB to dink the ball around the field.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If you'd visit the Rams board you'd see they think he's a bust as well. He's a top 10 pick but produces like a 5th round pick/gadget player. He's averaging 9.3 ypc in his career and this was a guy who was thought to excel in a dink and dunk offense. You don't need a big time QB to dink the ball around the field.

And half this board was ready to cut bait on Bortles a few weeks ago, you can't use message board posts to legitimize a draft pick.