Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tacks to keep Mularkey?

Quote:Mularkey isn't and never was as bad as advertised by some.

Yeah, he's even worse than advertised. It's tough to listed to one of his press conferences and not fall asleep, and he does little to motivate his team. Mularkey is easily one of the ten worst head coaches in league history, and we can only hope they retain him thereby remaining one of the league's gutter dwellers for a long time to come.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, he's even worse than advertised. It's tough to listed to one of his press conferences and not fall asleep, and he does little to motivate his team. Mularkey is easily one of the ten worst head coaches in league history, and we can only hope they retain him thereby remaining one of the league's gutter dwellers for a long time to come.
Have you seen one of BB's press conferences or listened to his half time speeches?  Rah-rah coaches and giving kick-[BLEEP] press conferences are overrated.  How did the ice cream and sprinkles work out for you this year?  I'm not wild about Mularkey, but I think press conferences and let's win one for the gipper speeches don't really matter.  These guys are pros and shouldn't need a coach to light a fire under them.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 11:31 PM by Jerrad.)

Quote:Have you seen one of BB's press conferences or listened to his half time speeches? Rah-rah coaches and giving kick-[BAD WORD REMOVED] press conferences are overrated. How did the ice cream and sprinkles work out for you this year? I'm not wild about Mularkey, but I think press conferences and let's win one for the gipper speeches don't really matter. These guys are pros and shouldn't need a coach to light a fire under them.
Very true. But there are many other reasons why Mularkey is a bad coach. The fact that his press conferences would put a crack head to sleep is an added bonus to the complete package of sucktitude.

No need to worry though, as terrible as Mularkey is, he isn't nearly as dumb as the buffoon coaching our team so I guess we don't really have much room to laugh.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Yeah, he's even worse than advertised. It's tough to listed to one of his press conferences and not fall asleep, and he does little to motivate his team. Mularkey is easily one of the ten worst head coaches in league history, and we can only hope they retain him thereby remaining one of the league's gutter dwellers for a long time to come.

<yawn>

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:<yawn>

Exactly what happens every time one has to listen to Mularkey speak.

'02

Quote:Exactly what happens every time one has to listen to Mularkey speak.

If that's your (laughable) standard for quality HCs, you just condemned many good coaches - including Bill Belichick.

Logic -> FAIL

But then, since that's the best you've got, I guess you have to have something.

Quote:I wish more coaches would come to this realization.
Too many sprinkles and the fans get mad, too much discipline and the players get mad.  Tough to be a coach in today's world.  

MM never stood a chance with this franchise with all the circumstances swirling around him at that time.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 05:33 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Could Mularkey be a placeholder to provide consistency for a potential sell. New owner would then have a young QB and be able to pick his own GM / Coach?

(Unless they already fired the GM. I haven't paid attention to their offseason.)
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Wasn't Mularkey the head coach here when Weaver sold the team? 

Quote:Wasn't Mularkey the head coach here when Weaver sold the team? 

No. Weaver fired Del Rio and had Mel Tucker promoted then made the announcement that he was going to sell the team. Khan came in and allowed Gene Smith one season to do as he wished while Khan, ostensibly, learned how to be an NFL owner. Smith hired Mularkey and... well we all know what happened there.

Good Lord, Smith really screwed this organization over.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

the Titans are really stupid if they dont make an offer for Chip Kelly.

Quote:the Titans are really stupid if they make an offer for Chip Kelly.

fixed

The tacks are stupid if they keep Mularkey on.  But hey, that's good for us.  Mularkey was a terrible coach.  Even better is if they brought in a GM with the requirement that he wants to keep Mularkey.  That'd make him a pretty weak General Manager on top of having a weak coach.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The tacks are stupid no matter what they do. It's a Nashville thing.

Most tack move ever.

tacks.... Sick

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:But hey, that's good for us.  

If that were true, we would have swept him.  Easily.

We didn't.

It's official.  Mularkey hired by titans.

LOL love it 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:LOL love it 

I'm sure the titans feel the same way.  Who is mistaken?

We'll see.