Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars sign G Earl Watford

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM by MikePete54.)

Ex-Cardinals guard. 26 years old. Started 10 games last season.

2 years / $6 millions

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Never heard of him. I guess depth.

Two words: Super Bowl

Purely depth though. Still need to draft a guard in the 2nd.

Not bad. Could be a potential starter. He must have helped pave the way for David Johnson last year in a pretty stout defensive based NFC West. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just saw he had 11 starts at RG last year. Could be insurance if Cann doesn't progress.

Cann is straight cha-rash

Quote:Just saw he had 11 starts at RG last year. Could be insurance if Cann doesn't progress.

Correction: 10 starts, 3 at RT, 7 at RG. Getting my info from O'halloren tweets.

Cann has been a let down. The right side in general between him and Parnell were setting the offense back last year. I hope we can replace Parnell with Bolles, Dawkins, Garcia or even Moton between RD2 - RD3 if possible. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just sounds like depth. Probably only starts if Cann struggles more

12 games started in the last 4 years, out performed by some Joe from the practice squad

Glad we're continuing to sign winners

Reading the Arizona boards, collectively, they don't seem to think of Warford as anything but a utility/backup player, able to play multiple spots on the OL.  They don't seem to care that he signed elsewhere.

Quote:Reading the Arizona boards, collectively, they don't seem to think of Warford as anything but a utility/backup player, able to play multiple spots on the OL.  They don't seem to care that he signed elsewhere.
That's because he spends more time on IR than he does on the field

Quote:Cann has been a let down. The right side in general between him and Parnell were setting the offense back last year. I hope we can replace Parnell with Bolles, Dawkins, Garcia or even Moton between RD2 - RD3 if possible.

We need to invest some higher draft choices on offensive linemen to fix our issue. I would like to see our starting left guard and Parnell's replacement from this draft as you mentioned. Maybe a even a later pick to help push Cann. I like Danny Isidora from Miami as a late round sleeper.

Seems like competition. That Guard spot will be really competitive in camp.
Shock the world

"competitive"

They could just hang a picture on EverBank with Fournette's picture too 

Quote:"competitive"

"jaguars fan"

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 12:59 PM by BritishJag.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhhsV-VCwMw

Watch #78 get down field.

Cards fan: "He's a stud at run blocking though. He pulls like a beast.

I like Watford. I'm a little sad tbh."

Another Cards fan: "Jags fans, you're getting a fantastic run blocker. He's an alright pass blocker, but the guy can pull like no other and absolutely crush some dudes. Go look at David Johnson's long touchdown against the Jets and Earl is right there blocking the whole time. You're also getting one of the nicest dudes you'd ever meet, he'll be an absolute fan favorite. Also a huge beer nerd."

Quote:Purely depth though. Still need to draft a guard in the 2nd.
Agreed.  This doesn't eliminate or lessen the need for OL in the draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!