Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles comparison with the 2014 NFL Draft class

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 01:43 AM by jaguarmvp.)

By the numbers

Bortles:  4,189 yards 35 td 16 int  Rating: 90.3

Carr:   3,793 yards 31 TD and 12 Int Rating: 92

Bridgewater:  3,132 yards 14TD 8 int Rating 90.6

Yea I say we have the best Qb of that class. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All the talking heads say Carr is the best. All I do is laugh.

Bortles is on another level.

Quote:By the numbers

Bortles: 4,189 yards 35 td 16 int

Carr: 3,793 yards 31 TD and 12 Int

Bridgewater: 3,132 yards 14TD 8 int

Highly agree.. This team would also have many more wins with a half decent defense.. Hard to lose a game when ya score 25+ a game.. Unless you have the Jags defense..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'm noticing stats like W-L ratio, completion percentage and qb rating are missing here.

Regardless, I agree. Over the past few weeks Bortles has caught up surpassed Carr. Bridgewater has been trailing all along.

'02

The 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars draft class is probably the best one they've ever had.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Blake Bortles isnt any better than Derek and vice versa. Both can make any throw the other can. Only person that should be taken out of the conversation Teddy Bridgewater dude isnt good. Just riding thr coat tail of AP and that defense

[Image: Kk57Zgk.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 12:42 AM by jaglyn.)

Over 4k yards and 35 TDs are still mind-boggling numbers to me as a Jags fan.

Quote:Over 4k yards and 35 TDs are still mind-boggling numbers to me as a Jags fan.
And you can say without a doubt that he could easily have a better season once he continues to mature

Comparing apples to oranges. Eye test says Carr is better. Carr has gone up against better defenses than Bortles the past couple weeks. He takes care of the ball better and doesn't do the ridiculous stuff Bortles is prone to at times. Bridgewater is on a way better team and has more wins this season than Blake has in his career. As an individual player Bortles is more productive but who cares when it doesn't amount to wins.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I'm noticing stats like W-L ratio, completion percentage and qb rating are missing here.

Regardless, I agree. Over the past few weeks Bortles has caught up surpassed Carr. Bridgewater has been trailing all along.
Put the rating's up.   W-L is a whole team thing and not just the QB so irrelevant here

Quote:Blake Bortles isnt any better than Derek and vice versa. Both can make any throw the other can. Only person that should be taken out of the conversation Teddy Bridgewater dude isnt good. Just riding thr coat tail of AP and that defense
Bortles is much more Athletic than Carr. 

Quote:Comparing apples to oranges. Eye test says Carr is better. Carr has gone up against better defenses than Bortles the past couple weeks. He takes care of the ball better and doesn't do the ridiculous stuff Bortles is prone to at times. Bridgewater is on a way better team and has more wins this season than Blake has in his career. As an individual player Bortles is more productive but who cares when it doesn't amount to wins.
Carr does not make crucial plays with his legs like Bortles or use his athletic ability to buy time like bortles does.

Quote:Carr does not make crucial plays with his legs like Bortles or use his athletic ability to buy time like bortles does.
No, but, then again, his O-Line is way better.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Comparing apples to oranges. Eye test says Carr is better. Carr has gone up against better defenses than Bortles the past couple weeks. He takes care of the ball better and doesn't do the ridiculous stuff Bortles is prone to at times. Bridgewater is on a way better team and has more wins this season than Blake has in his career. As an individual player Bortles is more productive but who cares when it doesn't amount to wins.

Carr takes care of the ball better? Watching the cut-ups each week, he's been throwing a lot INTs lately. Over the last four weeks Bortles has 13 TDs and 3 INTs where Carr has 7 TDs and 6 INTs.

'02

It must be nice for Ted. Throw for 145 yards a game while my running back and defense do everything.

Quote:[Image: Kk57Zgk.gif]

You nasty

Until he retires and they're longing for the days of Christian Ponder
Quote:It must be nice for Ted. Throw for 145 yards a game while my running back and defense do everything.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:By the numbers

Bortles:  4,189 yards 35 td 16 int  Rating: 90.3

Carr:   3,793 yards 31 TD and 12 Int Rating: 92

Bridgewater:  3,132 yards 14TD 8 int Rating 90.6

For some reason you left Johnny Football off that list.

I know his numbers are pretty bad compared to the other 3, but there were actually posters on this MB who actually wanted Johnny Football ( I know because I read their posts), and he qualifies because he was drafted in 2014, and in the 1st rd at that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

If Carr and Bortles are roughly the same this year, I would imagine Bortles blows past him next year.

I know Blake won't make as significant a jump next year, but he is currently accelerating very fast.