Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles comparison with the 2014 NFL Draft class

Quote:For some reason you left Johnny Football off that list.

I know his numbers are pretty bad compared to the other 3, but there were actually posters on this MB who actually wanted Johnny Football ( I know because I read their posts), and he qualifies because he was drafted in 2014, and in the 1st rd at that.
Johnny football can be thrown in there with tebow. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree.  I do think Carr is good, but he has a way better defense and team than Bortles.  I mean the dude has Amari Cooper to throw to.  Also, Khalil Mack is a beast.
Carr does not have the Allen duo on his team to throw to - so the Jags are sitting better. Bortles is better than Carr. But they are close.

Bortles has done more with less.

While it is true we have the Allen Brothers, Carr has a running game and Cooper.  Carr is the better pocket passer but Bortles is a duo threat. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Carr also has a stout O-line and more time to pass then Bortles, but the real kicker is he has a better coach. Just saying.

Quote:While this is true, I think it has more to do with the defenses Carr has had to face as compared with the teams Bortles had to play the last few games (Saints, Falcons, Titans, Colts, etc. Not exactly tough defensive competition there).

Due to schedule, Carr has had much tougher defenses to deal with most of the season.

Jaguars faced: (Panthers, Jets, Texans)

Raiders faced: (Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Chiefs X2, Broncos X2, Bears/Lions-not sure how their defenses looked)

Having said that, I'd still take Bortles every time, and am glad he's a Jaguar.

The Lions Defense had one of its best performances of the season against the Raiders,  a game the Lions won 18-13.  All of the Raiders points were in the 3rd QTR.  Their TD resulted after a highly questionable holding penalty on CB Nevin Lawson,  that negated an interception by Nickel CB Quandre Diggs.   The Raiders couldn't get anything going on the ground running the ball and it was certainly not one of the better games for Derek Carr and Amari Cooper.   This is the type of Defensive performance you wish you can bottle,  especially against an Offense that has shown plenty of potential this season and at times has put up a large number of points. 

Quote:The internet is a very big place! Instead of posting stupid sarcastic questions,maybe you could take some time to find the anwser?

Quote:Instead of replying to stupid sarcastic questions, why not look it up for me?

I don't even know where one would find such a stat, but I suspect we all know the answer.

'02

Quote:LOL....Fallen into the BAD TEAM trap of meaningless Stats.  A bunch passing yards when you are behind by big deficits are meaningless.  That is Bortles for much of the season.  #2......Both Oakland and Minny have top 5 rushers in the league (#5 and #1 respectively).  They dont have to throw as much.   Completion percentage......The 2 other QBs have higher completion percentages.   LOL. 

Never fails......I understand you love your QB....but until he able to do it on a team that actually has a chance to win more than 5 games.........you dont know how good he his.  

You also have to factor in that Oakland and Minny having top rushers along with them throwing a lower percentage of deep passes helps them to maintain a better completion percentage. Teddy has only thrown a fraction as much which really helps him maintain a higher percentage, especially as of late, but Carr over the past half of the season has actually thrown more than Bortles but with a much lower completion percentage.

Teddy's completion percentage for the year is at 65.9 percent, and he's done really well as of late completing 74 of 109 passes for 67.8 percent over the past four games. Carr started off well, but has had several games under 55 percent over the past eight weeks. Over the last four weeks Derek has completed 89 of 161 passes for 55.2 percent. Bortles started out rather low but has improved considerably. Over the past four weeks Blake has completed 90 of 139 passes for 64.7 percent.

This is even more evidence that Blake has caught up to and surpassed Derek over the past four weeks.

Teddy has the highest completion percentage and the most wins, but that's where his accolades end. Teddy is averaging 28.5 attempts per game this season where Bortles is at 38.3 and Carr is at 36.0. It's the total yards and TDs that are most telling...

1. Blake Bortles - 4,189 yards, 35 TDs

2. Derek Carr - 3,793 yards, 31 TDs

3. Teddy Bridgewater - 3,132 yards, 14 TDs

Heck, Bortles has more TDs over his past five games than Teddy has racked up all season. 

'02

Quote:You also have to factor in that Oakland and Minny having top rushers along with them throwing a lower percentage of deep passes helps them to maintain a better completion percentage. Teddy has only thrown a fraction as much which really helps him maintain a higher percentage, especially as of late, but Carr over the past half of the season has actually thrown more than Bortles but with a much lower completion percentage.

Teddy's completion percentage for the year is at 65.9 percent, and he's done really well as of late completing 74 of 109 passes for 67.8 percent over the past four games. Carr started off well, but has had several games under 55 percent over the past eight weeks. Over the last four weeks Derek has completed 89 of 161 passes for 55.2 percent. Bortles started out rather low but has improved considerably. Over the past four weeks Blake has completed 90 of 139 passes for 64.7 percent.

The overall stats are pretty similar.  I think Jag hit it right on the head.  Over the last 4 weeks Blake has taken another step.  He's been completing in the mid 60's and still completing passes down the field.  If he plays at that level next season you will see the same levels of production even with improvement in the running game and a better defense.  If he and the receivers take ANOTHER step forward, look out.  

Quote:LOL....Fallen into the BAD TEAM trap of meaningless Stats. A bunch passing yards when you are behind by big deficits are meaningless. That is Bortles for much of the season. #2......Both Oakland and Minny have top 5 rushers in the league (#5 and #1 respectively). They dont have to throw as much. Completion percentage......The 2 other QBs have higher completion percentages. LOL.

Never fails......I understand you love your QB....but until he able to do it on a team that actually has a chance to win more than 5 games.........you dont know how good he his.

And there's the inaccurate "garbage time" comment.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Dunno....you would think Bortles would do more to wrap up on tackles and sack the QB. Leading a team to almost 27 points a game just isn't enough

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Dunno....you would think Bortles would do more to wrap up on tackles and sack the QB. Leading a team to almost 27 points a game just isn't enough

Yes, Bortles does his part, which is scoring enough points that the team should have a legitimate shot at winning if the coaching staff can get a defensive gameplan together that makes the other team punt a few times or (gasp) manages to force a turnover.