Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags fans opinion on Shahid Khan?

Hi Guys

I was just looking to hear opinions on Jags owner Shad Khan as an owner and how he is doing for the Jags and Jax community in general.

I'm from the UK and a fan of the Jags and from a far Shad seems to be doing a good job with progress being made with this young team. I think in the off season if we can improve the defence and running back positions then the playoffs are a real possibility next season. It takes time when building a team from scratch with young players but the progress the jags have made since last few times we've saw them in London is noticible.

Shad seems to be doing things the right way not only with the jags but also the local Jax community too and the stadium looks fantastic. I remember when he was taking over the fact he was a Pakistani Muslim and first foreign owner to take over an NFL team raised a few eyebrows but credit to you guys who have welcomed him. Would the above be an accurate reflection of things ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate to say this to a British fan, but my only complaint about Shad Khan is his commitment to London after spending millions of dollars on stadium upgrades. We should have eight true home games. Otherwise he has been great for us.

He is pretty beloved in Jacksonville. In my experience at the stadium, he has recieved several standing ovations.

Should'a fired Gus.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I hate to say this to a British fan, but my only complaint about Shad Khan is his commitment to London after spending millions of dollars on stadium upgrades. We should have eight true home games. Otherwise he has been great for us.

Nah I understand that. I have a season ticket for Glasgow Rangers and when we were in the premiership there was talk of one of the Rangers vs Celtic games being played in New York and I wasn't happy as it meant one game less on our season ticket.

But I think it's been a success, I've always been a big NFL fan and like many others chose the Jags because they play one game a year in London which means I can go see them, also when I go to Florida I will buy a ticket to watch them too which may other people from the UK will too. It's just a bit of a pain for the local fans in Florida who go to all the games which I understand

Quote:He is pretty beloved in Jacksonville. In my experience at the stadium, he has recieved several standing ovations.

It's good to hear especially when in soccer their have been many foreign owners who have taken over clubs and destroyed them, he actually seems to love life at the Jaguars and long may it continue

Quote:Should'a fired Gus.

Yep, other than this he's been pretty good. I expect he'll open the checkbook in a major way this off season to do his best to help Dave and Gus make the team competitive for whoever comes after they're canned thanks to Gus.

Quote:Should'a fired Gus.

I don't know mate, I respect your opinion but I'm 60/40 in favour of Gus. He looks to have built and offence that will be the future of the franchise, but despite him being a defensive coach has struggled in that area and the running game. I think giving him next year to sort that out is the right thing to do. Building a new team especially the youngest in the league takes time.

Love him, one of the best things to happen to Jacksonville.

He da man and he don't have to say it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I hate to say this to a British fan, but my only complaint about Shad Khan is his commitment to London after spending millions of dollars on stadium upgrades. We should have eight true home games. Otherwise he has been great for us.
They all look pretty much the same on your tv in Gainesville. Why do you care about a home game not here?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

My wife went to a Jaguars luncheon for work. Khan spoke, as did Gus, Lamping etc. After the lunch my wife and a group of people lined up to talk to Khan. A group of reporters were waiting for a Q & A with him and he made the reporters wait for a half hour as he went down the line and shook hands with and asked everyone waiting to see him their name, what they did and had a mini discussion with everyone.

Really cool
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Epic mustache

Quote:They all look pretty much the same on your tv in Gainesville. Why do you care about a home game not here?

Dang, she got got.

Quote:My wife went to a Jaguars luncheon for work. Khan spoke, as did Gus, Lamping etc. After the lunch my wife and a group of people lined up to talk to Khan. A group of reporters were waiting for a Q & A with him and he made the reporters wait for a half hour as he went down the line and shook hands with and asked everyone waiting to see him their name, what they did and had a mini discussion with everyone.

Really cool

I've watched his interviews with the media on YouTube and it's good to see he sticks to his word by doing things like what you mentioned above. The most important thing is people skills and listening to the fans

It was a scary day when Khan was announced as the new owner of the Jaguars. Who knew the immediate and massive impact this man would have. He's made some of the BEST hiring decisions as an owner for his team in the NFL in the last 4-5 years.

1. Mark Lamping - One of the best president's in the NFL. Completely saved football in Jacksonville. We as a city owe this man everything.

2. Dave Caldwell - Successfully drafted our second Big boy offense. The offense we've been waiting for since the days of Brunell/Smith/Taylor

3. Tony Khan - Analytics is huge in todays NFL. It provides one more important prospective to the overall picture and tells us secrets we as humans blind ourselves to. 

The support he's given Jacksonville has been huge and I know alot of people don't like the london thing but I see an owner who saw international games becoming more of a commonplace then decided to get out ahead of it. Let the world know Jacksonville Jaguars more than any other name in the NFL. It sucks it costs us a home game but the gains will be huge one day. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:It was a scary day when Khan was announced as the new owner of the Jaguars. Who knew the immediate and massive impact this man would have. He's made some of the BEST hiring decisions as an owner for his team in the NFL in the last 4-5 years.

1. Mark Lamping - One of the best president's in the NFL. Completely saved football in Jacksonville. We as a city owe this man everything.

2. Dave Caldwell - Successfully drafted our second Big boy offense. The offense we've been waiting for since the days of Brunell/Smith/Taylor

3. Tony Khan - Analytics is huge in todays NFL. It provides one more important prospective to the overall picture and tells us secrets we as humans blind ourselves to. 

The support he's given Jacksonville has been huge and I know alot of people don't like the london thing but I see an owner who saw international games becoming more of a commonplace then decided to get out ahead of it. Let the world know Jacksonville Jaguars more than any other name in the NFL. It sucks it costs us a home game but the gains will be huge one day.

I agree with that mate, Jaguars now have over 35,000 uk members and the game brings in millions of pounds, , these guys give you 7 games a year in Florida when it could easily have been 0 with all the relocation talk

Quote:Epic mustache
I concur.

What else needs to be said?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I wouldn't question the Khan. He's been amazing. Jacksonville is very lucky to have him.

Quote:I don't know mate, I respect your opinion but I'm 60/40 in favour of Gus. He looks to have built and offence that will be the future of the franchise, but despite him being a defensive coach has struggled in that area and the running game. I think giving him next year to sort that out is the right thing to do. Building a new team especially the youngest in the league takes time.

The problem with our running game is the offensive line. Also, T.J. Yeldon is just a rookie. It will get better after we cut some backups and draft or sign players who fit the offense.

Dave Caldwell builds the player roster. Gus Bradley builds the coaches roster. It seems like everyone forgets to credit Bradley for hiring Greg Olson, the guy who turned our offense around.