Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags fans opinion on Shahid Khan?

Quote:They all look pretty much the same on your TV in Gainesville. Why do you care about a home game not here?

It has nothing to do with my annual game ticket. I only go to one game a year anyway. And no, it does not even look similar on my TV.

I care for three reasons:

1. Season ticket holders have one less game to attend. Do they really want to stay home and watch one of them on TV?

2. Kickoff in London is at 9:30 a.m. because of the time difference (5 hours). I have to be deprived of sleep or record it.

3, Millions of dollars were spent on stadium upgrades. Most of that a waste of money if you take one home game away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shad saved the team from an almost certain move with the London connection.  I'd rather have 7 home games than be on the LA short list with St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland.  My only complaint is that they're taking the premier game from the home schedule with the Cowboys last year and Green Bay next year.

Quote:Should'a fired Gus.

Quote:Shad saved the team from an almost certain move with the London connection. I'd rather have 7 home games than be on the LA short list with St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland.  My only complaint is that they're taking the premier game from the home schedule with the Cowboys last year and Green Bay next year.

How is a commitment to London saving the team? Shad Khan saved the Jaguars simply by buying them instead of the Rams.

I can only base an opinion on what he has done in Jacksonviile and media perception. 

1. He seems committed to the city.  The Screens, the stadium upgrades, the ship yard project shows a commitment to keep the team in Jacksonville.  The Jags could get another shot at hosting a Superbowl with all the uprades.

2. I personally believe he is being too patient with Gus.  I also don't know what could of went on behind closed doors.  Khan could of promised Bradley 4 years but that is just speculation.  The team has eaten enough ice cream.  This team is screaming for leadership not prep coach.

3. Khan seems like a really down to earth guy.  The media always paints him in a positive light.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

i'm a fan i like having an engineering wizard in charge.  Those types are capable of magic

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:It has nothing to do with my annual game ticket. I only go to one game a year anyway. And no, it does not even look similar on my TV.

I care for three reasons:

1. Season ticket holders have one less game to attend. Do they really want to stay home and watch one of them on TV?

2. Kickoff in London is at 9:30 a.m. because of the time difference (5 hours). I have to be deprived of sleep or record it.

3, Millions of dollars were spent on stadium upgrades. Most of that a waste of money if you take one home game away.

You wake up after 9:30?

Quote:You wake up after 9:30?

I wake up after 11:00. By then it is halftime.

I'm in awe of khan's vision and ability to get things done.

He started out saying "I want our players to have the best locker room in the NFL."

Done

"I want to brand out team worldwide, and to do that we need a game in London."

Done, and for the next several years.

While this may not be the most popular decision for local fans, from a financial perspective this has been a roaring success with other teams now scrambling to claim remaining spots in London.

"I want to see pools in the upper decks."

The City Council said no way... too much risk... but then a few months later...

Done

"I want a state-of-the art practice facility."

Almost done.

'02

The London game also takes off the pressure for a big increase in ticket prices here at home.

One thing I noticed this season is CBS often shows Jaguars fans in one of the pools throughout the game. That probably has something to do with the fact that no other stadium has them.

I dont think he has a great football mind. Great businessman but when it comes to football, not so much.

Quote:The London game also takes off the pressure for a big increase in ticket prices here at home.

Don't kid yourself. Once this team starts winning division titles, those prices will go up.

Quote:I don't think he has a great football mind. Great business man but when it comes to football, not so much.

Why do you say that? Khan is the guy who hired Dave Caldwell, one of the NFL's best GMs. He has a vision for the team to be competitive and return to the playoffs. His best interests are with the team, not his pocketbook.

Quote:Why do you say that? Khan is the guy who hired Dave Caldwell, one of the NFL's best GMs. He has a vision for the team to be competitive and return to the playoffs. His best interests are with the team, not his pocketbook.

Lol, Dave has alot to prove before we say one of best GM's. You don't think shad had major help with the hiring of Dave? Oh by the way, every owner has a vision for there team to succeed.

Quote:Lol, Dave has alot to prove before we say one of best GM's. You don't think shad had major help with the hiring of Dave? Oh by the way, every owner has a vision for there team to succeed.

We could argue about this forever in a different thread, but let me just say there is something that feels different when Shad Khan tells us his vision for the team  and his dreams come true.

Quote:I dont think he has a great football mind. Great businessman but when it comes to football, not so much.

And?

How many owners do have 'a great football mind'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He most likely saved football for us in Jacksonville.  I agree with BklynJag that he might not be a great football mind, but he is a man of his word and has done good things for the team and the city.  I am glad he bought the team ....but Gus another year is a bit of a head scratcher ........I guess time will tell.

Quote:The London game also takes off the pressure for a big increase in ticket prices here at home.

The London game has single-handedly made the Jaguars a viable franchise financially and kept ticket prices affordable for most people. Average home game in Jacksonville brings in $3.5 million, the London game brings in $12 million on it's own.

Quote:Should'a fired Gus.

I do think a lot of Jag's fans already have a favorable opinion of Shad as the Jag's owner, but once the above happens, it will become even more favorable.

Shad has done a lot for the Jags since he bought them and I know I sure do appreciate him for that.

Thanks Mr. Khan.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.