Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags fans opinion on Shahid Khan?

Quote:It has nothing to do with my annual game ticket. I only go to one game a year anyway. And no, it does not even look similar on my TV.

I care for three reasons:

1. Season ticket holders have one less game to attend. Do they really want to stay home and watch one of them on TV?

2. Kickoff in London is at 9:30 a.m. because of the time difference (5 hours). I have to be deprived of sleep or record it.

3, Millions of dollars were spent on stadium upgrades. Most of that a waste of money if you take one home game away.

Well I really like the 9:30 am kickoff and a lot of my friends do too, so I sure hope the early kickoff stays.

It was a good idea by the NFL to kickoff at 9:30 a.m.

It's only 1 game a year for the Jags.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My opinion of Shad Khan?   I think he's the greatest person in Jacksonville.   We are incredibly lucky to have him as the Jags' owner.   He has made this city a better place.  

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 10:48 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

My 2 gripes -

1. Regular season London games... Come on, just give them the 3rd preseason game and call it good(they will still buy tickets and pack Wembley anyway and would increase revenue if t hey sold out webley AND we get another home regular season game of 60k+ in JAX).

2. TEAL - FOR ALL THINGS HOLY PLEASE BRING BACK OUR IDENTITY FOR IDK THE LAST 20+ YEARS AND STOP WITH THE BLACK/GOLD [BAD WORD REMOVED]. I get it is his team, his call.. But can't you realize our identity was teal, and just because you as owner do not like it, mean you have to change us to a bland black/black color scheme(so unoriginal, and SO many teams do this) and went with [BAD WORD REMOVED] stain gold on our color rush night? REALLY SHAD, put the ego aside man.. And give us our FREAKING TEAL BACK.

Other than that, 10/10 Best owner in the NFL.

Griping over the return of teal.

A new low...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:My 2 gripes -

1. Regular season London games... Come on, just give them the 3rd preseason game and call it good(they will still buy tickets and pack Wembley anyway and would increase revenue if t hey sold out webley AND we get another home regular season game of 60k+ in JAX).

2. TEAL - FOR ALL THINGS HOLY PLEASE BRING BACK OUR IDENTITY FOR IDK THE LAST 20+ YEARS AND STOP WITH THE BLACK/GOLD [BAD WORD REMOVED]. I get it is his team, his call.. But can't you realize our identity was teal, and just because you as owner do not like it, mean you have to change us to a bland black/black color scheme(so unoriginal, and SO many teams do this) and went with [BAD WORD REMOVED] stain gold on our color rush night? REALLY SHAD, put the ego aside man.. And give us our FREAKING TEAL BACK.

Other than that, 10/10 Best owner in the NFL.

No one is going to buy tickets for a preseason game if there are ticket for normal games to be had. On top of that they can never build a brand in Europe if they are clearly treating it as secondary market.

He seems to be a great business man. Very patient owner.

I trust he has a good plan for the long term but I can't understand why he is allowing gus to enter his final contract year.

I get the sense he is cutting costs by keeping gus around and perennially having the most cap space in the league. We'll again have the most money to spend in 2016.

Quote:He seems to be a great business man. Very patient owner.

I trust he has a good plan for the long term but I can't understand why he is allowing gus to enter his final contract year.

I get the sense he is cutting costs by keeping gus around and perennially having the most cap space in the league. We'll again have the most money to spend in 2016.

Khan wants to win. Starting over with an entirely new staff yields a far greater chance of continued losing over adding talent to what we have and keeping things going.

'02

Quote:Khan wants to win. Starting over with an entirely new staff yields a far greater chance of continued losing over adding talent to what we have and keeping things going.

How do you come to that conclusion? Starting over with a better coach would yield a far greater chance of winning than continuing on with a staff that has largely proven completely ineffective at player development.

I know it's not impossible that Dave could somehow manage to bring in all of Seattle's defensive players this offseason so that Gus and company don't have to be good at anything, but it's not likely to happen. Gus and Co have to actually do something to prepare the players here to play his scheme in an effective way, and I can't see that happening. There just aren't enough elite "already ready" guys out there in free agency to sign to make this team work under someone like Gus, and besides that, if a coach is that bad then why even have a head coach? Just have Dave sign on assistants.

Quote:I wake up after 11:00. By then it is halftime.

Must be nice
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:How do you come to that conclusion? Starting over with a better coach would yield a far greater chance of winning than continuing on with a staff that has largely proven completely ineffective at player development.

Completely ineffective? The positive, competitive atmosphere that Gus has set up has allowed several players to develop considerably including the Allen brothers, Bortles, Telvin and Colvin.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 10:46 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:Completely ineffective? The positive, competitive atmosphere that Gus has set up has allowed several players to develop considerably including the Allen brothers, Bortles, Telvin and Colvin.

Actually that seems to be more due to what was brought in along with the positional coach in the case of the WRs and QB. Under Fisch Bortles didn't show a ton of growth, we could all see his potential, but it wasn't being used correctly at all, and he wasn't showing great progression. Hurns and Robinson came in and were successful right off the bat with Hurns coming from the back of the roster to succeed in spite of the coaching staff's inability to see his ability early on, and Robinson missed almost the whole offseason as a rookie and showed success early on anyway. Colvin showed good traits as soon as he came onto the field.

The upshot? Jerry Sullivan has done good things as he's been known to do to help mold some rare pieces of clay into masterpieces and Olson/Hackett have done a good job polishing a diamond in the rough with Bortles, but I don't see how you credit Gus with those things, he didn't hire Jerry, and while he did hire Olson, it's probably the only great move I can remember out of him since he's been here. His Blind squirrel finds the nut moment, so to speak. None of which actually speaks to Gus's abilities at developing players for his scheme. Like I said, bring him guys that are already ready to go for his scheme, as Colvin appears to have been, House too, or bring him some excuses.

But it's not their skills that makes them so good as much as it's their heart, and that comes from Gus. Also, Bortles developed last year and that showed with his drastic reduction in INTs late in the season. The problem with him regressing overall was all about his arm wearing out. That's not something they could have forseen. Bortles has been a trooper this year with his most recent games being his best, but even in his last press conference he talked about having to rest his arm after the season so it could heal. It's their sheer determination that has this team scoring so many points.

'02

Quote:But it's not their skills that makes them so good as much as it's their heart, and that comes from Gus. Also, Bortles developed last year and that showed with his drastic reduction in INTs late in the season. The problem with him regressing overall was all about his arm wearing out. That's not something they could have forseen. Bortles has been a trooper this year with his most recent games being his best, but even in his last press conference he talked about having to rest his arm after the season so it could heal. It's their sheer determination that has this team scoring so many points.

Sorry, Jags02, I just disagree with your entire premise that somehow Gus is making guys have "heart." I see that the team doesn't hate him, because they still seem to be trying, but I think this one says it best:[Image: incompetencedemotivator.jpeg?v=1403276021]

Gotta love Shad Khan. He's becoming a very innovative owner, and has created a way to stay stable in Jacksonville during all this losing.

Not a fan of keeping Gus, but atleast he's a man of his word. Caldwell deserves the 4th season, atleast.
No commercial messages in sigs