Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Based on FA the pick is clearly Fournette

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 03:47 AM by haveaseat.)

Am I wrong? We went defense heavy. We bolstered the secondary with Church and Bouye to add with Gipson and Ramsey. We attacked the d-line with a 6 foot 8 monster in Campbell to pair with Malik Jackson, Abry, Ngakoue and Fowler. You've got experience to go with youth there.

This whole thing is about going all in on Blake and with Fournette being graded at the same level of Adrian Peterson coming out, at this point, I would be shocked if he's not the pick at 4. The writing is seemingly on the wall. 

Hard nose defense, strong running game. Set up the deep ball, play action pass. Old school. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fournette is not AD. so just stop with that comparison

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 03:49 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Fournette is not AD. so just stop with that comparison

Too bad it's not me. It's countless scouts comparing him to Peterson, Bo Jackson and the LeBron James of running backs. The guy is special. It's a pretty popular shared opinion among the scouting community. Whether he can live up to it, remains to be seen. 

Its just so obviously going to be Fournette. I'm already going to pencil him in.

Quote:Fournette is not AD. so just stop with that comparison
You're right, as a prospect coming out of college, Fournette is better. Fewer injuries, better receiver, better pass blocker. 

I don't understand why some people don't see it with Fournette, it's so obvious. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Am I wrong? We went defense heavy. We bolstered the secondary with Church and Bouye to add with Gipson and Ramsey. We attacked the d-line with a 6 foot 8 monster in Campbell to pair with Malik Jackson, Abry, Ngakoue and Fowler. You've got experience to go with youth there.

This whole thing is about going all in on Blake and with Fournette being graded at the same level of Adrian Peterson coming out, at this point, I would be shocked if he's not the pick at 4. The writing is seemingly on the wall. 

Hard nose defense, strong running game. Set up the deep ball, play action pass. Old school. 

I think your reasoning is good.   But I get the impression that Fournette showed up at the Combine out of shape and didn't test particularly well.   Regardless of whether the Combine is meaningful or not, Coughlin wants really dedicated players, and the Combine does raise some questions about Leonard Fournette. 

Here's more food for thought.  With the increased frequency of Nickel defensive packages being on the field (65%+), is that trend almost inviting teams to go back to a power run scheme?  The Cowboys apparently got the message and have built such a team.  The Browns now have the line for it and possibly enough quality at the RB position already and have gone on record saying they're trying to emulate the Cowboys success.  Could the Browns actually consider taking Fournette at number 1 overall and have one of the best run games on paper going into 2017?

And Coughlin likes to run the ball.  I haven't been a proponent of taking Fournette at 4, but looking at it in this light I can certainly see the appeal.  

Really sucks that this awesome FA period looks like it's leading down the road to missing on yet another first rounder. 

Quote:Really sucks that this awesome FA period looks like it's leading down the road to missing on yet another first rounder.

Sad

I mean to be honest I'm not too worried about who we pick whether it be Fournette, Thomas,Hooker,Cook,Lattimore,Foster or Adams. Only guys I don't want or concern me are Barnett(blah) and Allen (Shoulder)

Quote:Really sucks that this awesome FA period looks like it's leading down the road to missing on yet another first rounder.

Miss? Let's not act like Fournette is garbage now just because you don't want him at 4.

Nah. Fournette is gonna be a beast.

Quote:Nah. Fournette is gonna be a beast.

If we upgrade the O-Line.

Quote:Miss? Let's not act like Fournette is garbage now just because you don't want him at 4.
Miss doesn't mean bust. It just means that we will look back in a couple years and say oh dang we clearly should have taken that guy instead (in this case Thomas). 

Like the Cowboys are going to do with Zeke and Ramsey. Except Fournette isn't that close to Zeke. 

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 03:04 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Miss doesn't mean bust. It just means that we will look back in a couple years and say oh dang we clearly should have taken that guy instead (in this case Thomas). 

Like the Cowboys are going to do with Zeke and Ramsey. Except Fournette isn't that close to Zeke. 

He's not close because Fournette is better than Zeke as a prospect. Was Zeke drawing the lofty comparisons to RB legends? I'm not even a big college football follower and since he came out in college all I heard was Fournette this and Fournette that. Should he play this game or that game? Will this or that affect his NFL career? He is special no matter how hard you want to downplay him. 

I believe Coughlin/Caldwell will be choosing between 2 guys:

1. Jonathan Allen- If his medical is o.k., the defense COULD be top 3 very soon. 

2. Leonard Fournette- Rare talent who can take the pressure off Bortles.

Prediction: Fournette will be the pick. I still remember Coughlin's face when he looked at his stopwatch after watching Freddy T. run. He will not miss out on taking Fournette.

He may not have Freddy's wiggle, but he is more powerful. 

Quote:He's not close because Fournette is better than Zeke as a prospect. Was Zeke drawing the lofty comparisons to RB legends? I'm not even a big college football follower and since he came out in college all I heard was Fournette this and Fournette that. Should he play this game or that game? Will this or that affect his NFL career? He is special no matter how hard you want to downplay him. 
I'm not sure there is a single aspect of the game in which Fournette is better than Elliott. 

Quote:I believe Coughlin/Caldwell will be choosing between 2 guys:

1. Jonathan Allen- If his medical is o.k., the defense COULD be top 3 very soon. 

2. Leonard Fournette- Rare talent who can take the pressure off Bortles.

Prediction: Fournette will be the pick. I still remember Coughlin's face when he looked at his stopwatch after watching Freddy T. run. He will not miss out on taking Fournette.

He may not have Freddy's wiggle, but he is more powerful. 

I wouldn't touch Allen if he has arthritis. If he doesn't, he'll be in the discussion, but it would all depend on the medicals. 

Quote:If we upgrade the O-Line.

I hear you. But at 240 pounds and he runs a 4.51, then we still need him more than any other player in this draft.

He's going to run a lot of grown men over on his way to the end zone. He's a stud

Even if we don't upgrade our oline, I bet the farm that he runs for more than 400 yards like Yeldon and Ivory.

Not to mention the whopping (2) 100 yard games we had.