Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jonas Gray

Quote:Jags 'plan to get good look' at RB Gray Wk 17

Jonas Gray | JAC

(December 30, 2015 11:38 AM EST)

Jaguars OC Greg Olson said the "plan" is to "get a good look" at RB Jonas Gray in the Week 17 finale against the Texans.

Denard Robinson has been a massive disappointment in two spot starts in place of an injured T.J. Yeldon (knee), so the Jaguars want to see what Gray brings to the table as they head into the offseason. Gray rushed five times for 31 yards in Week 16 against the Saints, but 23 of those yards came on one carry. Gray and Robinson will likely split work against Houston with Gray (5'10/225) handling the early-down and Shoelace playing some pass downs.

SOURCE: MICHAEL DIROCCO ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like it. He also had another run over 20 yards that was brought back by a questionable holding call, iirc.

Gray was killing it last week so I am really excited to see him this week. What a huge find he could be and hopefully he is the answer to our number 2 back/short yardage guy.

I wonder if Denard will be back next year.

Quote:I wonder if Denard will be back next year.

I don't see why not. He's not costing us anything. If used correctly he can be a decent role player.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Denard needs to be gone yesterday

I always liked Gray.

I have no problem with Denard staying as the 3rd RB/guy who putting his hands up discouraging Nick Marshall from returning kickoffs

Gray > Pierce > Denard 

Gray has the burst, on that run if he had the right cut he could've taken it to the house.  I am excited with Gray being #2 back.  I am not sure about his pass protection skills. If he can do a good job, I would even consider him in long term plans.  In the day and age we need 2 healthy backs and Gray could very well fit to that role. 

Denard on pass downs, he has a difficult time catching the ball.

where are all the 'Denard is a special athlete' guys at?

Denard is a very good athlete, but he should probably switch to defense.  He can't catch and has issues holding onto the ball.  Maybe try moving him to corner like Nick Marshall?  You just can't play on offense if you are all wrists.

Quote:where are all the 'Denard is a special athlete' guys at?

He is... The guy played QB in college and has had some nice games in the NFL at a different position.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 04:24 PM by badger.)

Quote:Denard is a very good athlete, but he should probably switch to defense.  He can't catch and has issues holding onto the ball.  Maybe try moving him to corner like Nick Marshall?  You just can't play on offense if you are all wrists.

His hands have improved since his rookie year.  He isn't a finished product like everybody wants after three seasons. Calm down.

Gray should replace Gerhart.

Quote:Gray should replace Gerhart.
He did when he went to IR and Gray signed.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

He's just a guy, guys.

Why is this fan base always falling in love with these types and getting false hope stirred all up.

Gray has some potential to be more than a guy. Not any player just rushes for 200 yards.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 04:35 PM by badger.)

Quote:He did when he went to IR and Gray signed.

I know but I mean permanently. He shouldn't replace Denard next year. He might be the new #2, but I think it's dumb if Gray being on the roster means Denard is off.

Quote:He's just a guy, guys.

Why is this fan base always falling in love with these types and getting false hope stirred all up.

To be fair, i think that's any fan base. Bryce Brown was the next big thing, taking it back further, Samkon Gado, Ladell Betts, etc.

Jonas Gray like Denard can be a good roleplayer in the backfield. With Yeldon being the guy.