Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jonas Gray

Quote:His hands have improved since his rookie year.  He isn't a finished product like everybody wants after three seasons. Calm down.

They have?  I didn't know it took at least 2 contracts worth of NFL coaching to be able to catch.  He is getting better as a player, but he can't catch.  You don't just develop good hands.  Accept the fact that he doesn't have good hands and move on man.  It's not difficult to see.  Good guy, but he doesn't have a position in the NFL.  I think his best bet is on defense.  His running has gotten significantly better since his rookie year, but he's still not a natural running back, hands aside.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I always liked Gray.

For the whole 2 games you've seen him play.

Quote:His hands have improved since his rookie year. He isn't a finished product like everybody wants after three seasons. Calm down.
if he can find a way to hold onto the ball I say keep him.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 05:02 PM by badger.)

Quote:They have?  I didn't know it took at least 2 contracts worth of NFL coaching to be able to catch.  He is getting better as a player, but he can't catch.  You don't just develop good hands.  Accept the fact that he doesn't have good hands and move on man.  It's not difficult to see.  Good guy, but he doesn't have a position in the NFL.  I think his best bet is on defense.  His running has gotten significantly better since his rookie year, but he's still not a natural running back, hands aside.

Ya if you were paying attention his rookie year, he could not catch anything. Last year he greatly improved that aspect. There is still time to work on it.

Catching is actually the one area any player can really improve. So, no, you're wrong about that.

He isn't moving to defense. So you should just get that out of your mind.  He does have natural running skills, being that is what he did best in college.

He isn't starting caliber, but I think he can play a role as a backup.

Quote:They have? I didn't know it took at least 2 contracts worth of NFL coaching to be able to catch. He is getting better as a player, but he can't catch. You don't just develop good hands. Accept the fact that he doesn't have good hands and move on man. It's not difficult to see. Good guy, but he doesn't have a position in the NFL. I think his best bet is on defense. His running has gotten significantly better since his rookie year, but he's still not a natural running back, hands aside.

In the spirit of fairness his rookie season he had pretty significant nerve damage that limited the range of motion and strength in his hand

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 05:22 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Ya if you were paying attention his rookie year, he could not catch anything. Last year he greatly improved that aspect. There is still time to work on it.

Catching is actually the one area any player can really improve. So, no, you're wrong about that.

He isn't moving defense. So you should just get that out of your mind.  He does have natural running skills, being that is what he did best in college.

Name one person who had terrible hands and then developed them into great hands.  He could possibly work on ball-security, as people can improve there, but hands you are either gifted with or you are not.  I know he is not moving defense - it's just my personal opinion that he might have more of a future there than he does at running back.  You can't be a 3rd down running back if you have suspect hands and are average at best in blitz pickup.  I know you really like him, but he truly is a man without a position in the NFL.

The reason you saw more drops when he was a rookie (in camp) as compared to now is that for one, he had that nerve damage and two, he was playing a lot of wide receiver and OW.  Tiki Barber was labeled a fumbler, but Denard Robinson fumbles MORE than twice as often as Tiki Barber did per carry.

There are plenty of other good athletes to which you can hand the ball.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 05:20 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:For the whole 2 games you've seen him play.

Nope, when he was having good games in New England last season.

Quote:Gray was killing it last week so I am really excited to see him this week. What a huge find he could be and hopefully he is the answer to our number 2 back/short yardage guy.

5 rushes for 31 yards...

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 06:29 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:5 rushes for 31 yards...

With a 25-30 yarder called back for a terrible holding call on Beadles. Did you actually watch the game?

Poor Banyard

Quote:With a 25-30 yarder called back for a terrible holding call on Beadles. Did you actually watch the game?

Come on bro, he wasn't "killing" it.

The play called back don't count.

Gray wasn't killing anything but did show why he is a great #2 back. He's essentially everything Toby Gerhart should've been + more. He showed, vision, burst and awareness during his short playing time against the Saints. The coaching staff have already said they were impressed and will be getting more of a look at him in this final game to see what they have. 

Quote:Denard needs to be gone yesterday
That's funny, I think they need to put him on kick return.

Quote:Name one person who had terrible hands and then developed them into great hands. He could possibly work on ball-security, as people can improve there, but hands you are either gifted with or you are not. I know he is not moving defense - it's just my personal opinion that he might have more of a future there than he does at running back. You can't be a 3rd down running back if you have suspect hands and are average at best in blitz pickup. I know you really like him, but he truly is a man without a position in the NFL.

The reason you saw more drops when he was a rookie (in camp) as compared to now is that for one, he had that nerve damage and two, he was playing a lot of wide receiver and OW. Tiki Barber was labeled a fumbler, but Denard Robinson fumbles MORE than twice as often as Tiki Barber did per carry.

There are plenty of other good athletes to which you can hand the ball.

His hands have improved. That's just a fact whether you choose to accept it or not.

Quote:Nope, when he was having good games in New England last season.

Don't normally do this but I'll back bklyn. I like gray. He's got potential and I've seen him flash often.

Idk exactly why he hasn't stuck with a team yet, hopefully he puts it together and can contribute for us. The jaguars need a reliable guy behind yeldon and gray has the ability to be that guy.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Nope, when he was having good games in New England last season.

Yah i.e the Bears game and the Colts game.

Shoelace actually seems like his hands have gotten worse if anything.

Quote:Come on bro, he wasn't "killing" it.

The play called back don't count.
Does this go back to you not understanding that stats aren't the only thing in a game? 

Quote:To be fair, i think that's any fan base. Bryce Brown was the next big thing, taking it back further, Samkon Gado, Ladell Betts, etc.

Jonas Gray like Denard can be a good roleplayer in the backfield. With Yeldon being the guy.
Completely agree.

Jonas Gray looked good. Very powerful runner.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.