Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart

The Jags placed Gerhart on the IR on 12/5/2015.

The Skins kept RGIII off the field this year to prevent him from getting injured which may have guaranteed his $17m salary for 2016.

Gerhart has another year on his roster ($3m + $500k roster bonus in March 2016) but I'm assuming we can still cut him regardless of being injured.  Is that correct and do we assume a full cap hit of $3m or $3.5m?  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...y-gerhart/

** Still not certain what kind of analytics the Front Office used to identify him to be our primary RB in Free Agency **

Stats - 2 years w/ Jags

*370 yards rushing

*209 yards receiving

* 2 TDs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bringing him back is a complete waste of a roster spot. He brings nothing to the table that most other backs can't do.

AluAlu would be more productive at RB than this jabroni.

Quote:http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sunkcost.asp

Definitely a Sunk Cost and in the grand scheme of things, the Roster Spot is probably more important than his $3m Salary / Cap Hit in 2016.     Just hard for me to phathom this dude getting a $3m check next year as he returns to Palo Alto to bask in the sun.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't released. He is even worthless on special teams(I remember him getting run over by a punt returner), and as a lead blocker/FB.
No commercial messages in sigs

He just sucks

Quote:Definitely a Sunk Cost and in the grand scheme of things, the Roster Spot is probably more important than his $3m Salary / Cap Hit in 2016. Just hard for me to phathom this dude getting a $3m check next year as he returns to Palo Alto to bask in the sun.

They should take it out of Caldwells salary. Of all his bad signings, this one takes the cake.

Quote:Bringing him back is a complete waste of a roster spot. He brings nothing to the table that most other backs can't do.

They're not bringing him back.  He'll be released at the first opportunity.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Wow, just wow.

Add him to the list of people I never want to hear about again

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 12:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:They're not bringing him back.  He'll be released at the first opportunity.

OK -- based on the information contained in the link below, it does NOT appear that he will be guaranteed $$ in 2016 nor will he be a hit to our 2016 cap ---- correct?

http://overthecap.com/player/toby-gerhart/1802/

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 12:28 PM by Jagwired.)

Year Base Salary (Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap

Number  

Dead Money & Cap Savings

Prorated Roster Workout Other 2014 $1,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $4,000,000       2015 $2,500,000 $0 $500,000 $0 $0 $3,000,000   $0 $3,000,000 2016 $3,000,000 $0 $500,000 $0 $0 $3,500,000   $0
$3,500,000

I believe that is correct.

edit, didn't format correctly. Red is Zero dead money, 3.5 million cap savings for 2016. If cut by Jul. 1st.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:They're not bringing him back. He'll be released at the first opportunity.

You say that now but when Caldwell signed him you were telling anybody that would listen that Slowby would revolutionize the RB position.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

When they release him make sure there is a straight shot out to the parking lot with no obstacles, otherwise he won't make it.

Quote:AluAlu would be more productive at RB than this jabroni.

Ha ha.  Jabroni.  I forgot about that word.  Thank you for reminding me.  It cracks me up everytime I hear it.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

His salary isn't guaranteed. Unless there's some signing bonus proration or he seeks an injury settlement, he won't touch next year's cap after his release.

In regards to Toby Gerhart, you would be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of TG than me. After all, I have been following this guy since he was a sophomore in high school wreaking havoc and pretty much the same in college. But this is the pro game and it's time for a reality check. IMO (and that's all it is) Toby Gerhart has "lost it". It, meaning whatever it was that drove him to being the best at what he's chosen to do. I cannot put my finger on it but I'd have to say he has "lost the fire" in him to be THEE GUY. His ego no longer demands he prove to others his talents are overrated. Personally, i think he's gotten fat (which means he's slower) and I dunno maybe his marriage has turned him into a marshmallow. I think all that MONEY has made him too comfortable as well. All I know is that something is terribly wrong for him to simply "accept" where he is right now on this roster.

The best thing for him and the Jags is to say.............see you later. He may or may not get picked up but if he does, he can kiss goodbye any sort of big pay day. NOT gonna happen. (If) he leaves and somebody picks him up, this will be his LAST CHANCE to show everyone in the NFL his prowess at the collegiate level was not a fluke. In closing, Toby Gerhart may or may not have some injuries that have been a factor in all this but i can also tell you for certain.............most of his "issues" and why he is where he is is what goes on between his ears. He has to get his head on straight if he has any hopes of a rebound.  

Quote:You say that now but when Caldwell signed him you were telling anybody that would listen that Slowby would revolutionize the RB position.

You know when FBT dismisses a guy, he is reallllllllllllly bad and about 1.5 years past the point when normal people with a set of working eyes already dismissed him.

Quote:You say that now but when Caldwell signed him you were telling anybody that would listen that Slowby would revolutionize the RB position.

Feel free to go back and find a single quote where I said anything even remotely close to your claim, or just admit you're nothing more than a pathetic liar who prefers to make up truths. I'll wait since I know beyond any shadow of a doubt I've never made any such comment about Gerhart.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]