Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart

Quote:Feel free to go back and find a single quote where I said anything even remotely close to your claim, or just admit you're nothing more than a pathetic liar who prefers to make up truths. I'll wait since I know beyond any shadow of a doubt I've never made any such comment about Gerhart.

You can only search 1000 posts back, right? I tried looking up your blind, homer ridiculous posts in support of Jean Smiff awhile back and wasn't able to go back that far.

Maybe that is why you post so much, so people can't track your ridiculous past of blind homerism.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guys, calm down. We've all predicted things that came true...and we've all made false claims.

It ain't no big deal.

Quote:You can only search 1000 posts back, right? I tried looking up your blind, homer ridiculous posts in support of Jean Smiff awhile back and wasn't able to go back that far.

Maybe that is why you post so much, so people can't track your ridiculous past of blind homerism.

Try again.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I recall getting flamed pretty bad by someone on here, when I said Gerhart was awful the day he was signed. I seen a lot of the man when he was with the Vikes...not real impressed then, even less now. Guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:I recall getting flamed pretty bad by someone on here, when I said Gerhart was awful the day he was signed. I seen a lot of the man when he was with the Vikes...not real impressed then, even less now. Guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I saw a lot of him with the Vikes too. Mostly on the bench.

Quote:Try again.

I will. Hey, I thought Jean was the man for a bit there when Knighton was going off as a 3rd round pick. You supported the man when the titanic was on the bottom of the ocean already.

Quote:I saw a lot of him with the Vikes too. Mostly on the bench.
That was the draw wasn't it? No wear and tear?

I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:You can only search 1000 posts back, right? I tried looking up your blind, homer ridiculous posts in support of Jean Smiff awhile back and wasn't able to go back that far.

I know that being a member of the bibber club causes you to get confused when someone doesn't jump in there with a pitchfork or torch and flame every player, coach, scout, or front office member in every post. So, I can understand the response above. You're just prone to such nonsense because you're incapable of putting much more thought into something beyond the typical hand wringing and knee jerk reaction. Kind of like saying Hurns will get paid and regress. That's all you know how to do.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 06:45 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I know that being a member of the bibber club causes you to get confused when someone doesn't jump in there with a pitchfork or torch and flame every player, coach, scout, or front office member in every post. So, I can understand the response above. You're just prone to such nonsense because you're incapable of putting much more thought into something beyond the typical hand wringing and knee jerk reaction. Kind of like saying Hurns will get paid and regress. That's all you know how to do.
Is it not a fair question based on the history of the Jags giving guys contracts?

You act like this franchise has a history of knowing what in the heck they are doing.

Quote:I will. Hey, I thought Jean was the man for a bit there when Knighton was going off as a 3rd round pick. You supported the man when the titanic was on the bottom of the ocean already.

Again, it's easy to just make stuff up when you get confused by someone who doesn't incessantly whine like you do on this board. It's considered "blind homerism" if you are willing to let a situation play itself out. I call it intellectual laziness to go with the knee jerk approach. Maybe I'm being generous by suggesting there's intellect involved there?

Quote:Is it not a fair question based on the history of the Jags giving guys contracts?

You act like this franchise has a history of knowing what in the heck they are doing.

It's an idiotic question considering the player we're talking about, but considering the source, not surprising at all.

Quote:Again, it's easy to just make stuff up when you get confused by someone who doesn't incessantly whine like you do on this board. It's considered "blind homerism" if you are willing to let a situation play itself out. I call it intellectual laziness to go with the knee jerk approach. Maybe I'm being generous by suggesting there's intellect involved there?

Ok hypocrite. Continue to live your separate life on Twitter while bashing guys with the same opinions on here.

Separate life on Twitter? Yeah, I'm out there all the time. Thanks for the laugh.

Twitter is a good place for you. 140 characters requires little though, which is right up your alley.

Quote:Feel free to go back and find a single quote where I said anything even remotely close to your claim, or just admit you're nothing more than a pathetic liar who prefers to make up truths. I'll wait since I know beyond any shadow of a doubt I've never made any such comment about Gerhart.

I don't feel like looking it up but I remember for sure you said something along the lines of "Gerhart is like a mix of Fred Taylor, Jim Brown, and Larry Csonka. Under Bradley's guidance he should easily rush for 2,000 yds."

I am paraphrasing but it's pretty much a direct quote from you. Feel free to go back and prove that you didn't say this. Either that or admit you are a big, fat liar.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 06:53 PM by BassX97.)

A few things lead to Gerhart's failure as a Jags RB. 

1. Scheme - The biggest issue. He doesn't fit with Jags two different blocking schemes in the last 2 years. 

2. Injuries - Two major injuries in two years. Thats enough in and of itself. 

3. OL issues - Our running game hasn't been great for awhile now

4. Overated - Only had a few good games subbing for Petey. 

Caldwell swung and missed pretty hard. Its ok. All great GM's have busts. Its the overall picture that counts. I'd say Marks easily makes up for this one and was a harder prediction. Also, Its time to go ahead and cut the line. The extra roster spot is worth it. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Separate life on Twitter? Yeah, I'm out there all the time. Thanks for the laugh.

Twitter is a good place for you. 140 characters requires little though, which is right up your alley.

Your typical response questioning someone's intelligence when they call you out. It's a weak defense mechanism. Poor you.

Quote:That was the draw wasn't it? No wear and tear?

Yeah, also his career 4.7 YPC in Minnesota and 7.9 YPC in 2013.

Quote:You know when FBT dismisses a guy, he is reallllllllllllly bad and about 1.5 years past the point when normal people with a set of working eyes already dismissed him.
I"m shocked by this as well.  His stance is normally even if you see the train wreck coming just stay the course anyway.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I"m shocked by this as well. His stance is normally even if you see the train wreck coming just stay the course anyway.

His portfolio still has Enron and GM.

I will admit I was really wrong about Gerhart.

I even made a post titled "I believe in Toby Gerhart"

I don't know if it's injury or just lost ability but he is not the same RB he was in Minnesota.  Watching Gerhart and Alualu get stuck three times in a row at the goaline was the end of his career here in Jacksonville.  I still believe under the right system he can be productive.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]