Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 08:23 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I will admit I was really wrong about Gerhart.

I even made a post titled "I believe in Toby Gerhart"

I don't know if it's injury or just lost ability but he is not the same RB he was in Minnesota. Watching Gerhart and Alualu get stuck three times in a row at the goaline was the end of his career here in Jacksonville. I still believe under the right system he can be productive.
You left out the option that he just wasn't very good to begin with. The guy stunk to high Heaven the day he got here.

What kind of RB was he in MIN? Just a change of pace back for AP and some goal line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He had, in effect, a 2-year contract with team options in year 3 and 4.

He gone.

Quote:You left out the option that he just wasn't very good to begin with. The guy stunk to high Heaven the day he got here.

What kind of RB was he in MIN? Just a change of pace back for AP and some goal line.
Toby was a really good backup for long Stretches with the vikings.  He averaged 7.9 a carry with 100 attempts in 2013. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Toby was a really good backup for long Stretches with the vikings. He averaged 7.9 a carry with 100 attempts in 2013.

But we signed a backup RB to be our starter. That is inexcusable as a GM and it appears DC may have learned from that mistake pretty quickly.

I drafted Gerhart in the 4th or 5th round of my fantasy draft last yeat because I believed in the hype. Atleast I still won that league, but man, Gerhart is bad. I guess I should have watched Vikings games.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:But we signed a backup RB to be our starter. That is inexcusable as a GM and it appears DC may have learned from that mistake pretty quickly.
They thought he could become a full time RB.  It happens all the time in the NFL where a backup player improves enough to become a starter.  I guess they were wrong. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Toby is as ineffective as the OL.  Both are terrible.

Quote:I still believe under the right system he can be productive.

I don't think there's a system out there that would make him a productive NFL player.

I still think Toby has some to offer the team. Neither of the young boys can block and yes Toby can't block like MJD. You can't get consistency out of the 2 guys that are running now. Yeldon isn't big enough to carry the ball 25 times and the coaches for some reason won't rotate them in and out regularly. Denard doesn't run the same way every game noticed during the INDY game and then NO game. The boys can't run the screen like Toby could. The coaches will do whatever and we will suffer through it again just like this year. I did like the other guy who ran during the NO game. Can't remember his name though. It will be interesting to see if he runs the same way against HOU. 

Quote:When they release him make sure there is a straight shot out to the parking lot with no obstacles, otherwise he won't make it.
LMFAO!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015, 01:13 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:I still think Toby has some to offer the team. Yeldon isn't big enough to carry the ball 25 times.
@ Miami, 25 carries....

Quote:I still think Toby has some to offer the team. Neither of the young boys can block and yes Toby can't block like MJD. You can't get consistency out of the 2 guys that are running now. Yeldon isn't big enough to carry the ball 25 times and the coaches for some reason won't rotate them in and out regularly.
Yeldon: 6'1" 226

Gerhart: 6'0" 231

Man, those extra five lbs. on Gerhart really make all the difference.

Quote:I don't feel like looking it up but I remember for sure you said something along the lines of "Gerhart is like a mix of Fred Taylor, Jim Brown, and Larry Csonka. Under Bradley's guidance he should easily rush for 2,000 yds."

I am paraphrasing but it's pretty much a direct quote from you. Feel free to go back and prove that you didn't say this. Either that or admit you are a big, fat liar.
hahahahaha I love this kind of stuff....

You said this... prove me wrong.

hahahaha

Jerrad... I remember when you said you liked eating poop flavored ice cream, and prefer women's panties to hats.

You said all of this right after claiming Gabbert was a future HOF.

Go ahead... go back and prove me wrong.

Quote:But we signed a backup RB to be our starter. That is inexcusable as a GM and it appears DC may have learned from that mistake pretty quickly.
He was actually a really good starter at Stanford.

Drafted in the second round.

The vikes saw something in the kid... but had AP.

He didn't play much, but when he did he kind of shined.

Why would a GM not take a shot? Especially with a team friendly contract, that essentially bought time until either Drob grew into a real RB OR we found one (Yeldon)

Mistake to sign him? Meh.... hindsight....

if he had made it in on one of those 4 attempts from the 1, many of you would sing a slightly different tune lol

As someone adroitly pointed out before, Gerhart runs like he's carrying someone piggyback. He can't move a pile because he hits it like a door.

Quote:He was actually a really good starter at Stanford.

Drafted in the second round.

The vikes saw something in the kid... but had AP.

He didn't play much, but when he did he kind of shined.

Why would a GM not take a shot? Especially with a team friendly contract, that essentially bought time until either Drob grew into a real RB OR we found one (Yeldon)

Mistake to sign him? Meh.... hindsight....

if he had made it in on one of those 4 attempts from the 1, many of you would sing a slightly different tune lol

Not basing my judgement on one goal line series. Basing it on the fact the guy is slow, terrible, and has possibly the worst gap vision of any starting RB, ever.

Pay the man!

Quote:Not basing my judgement on one goal line series. Basing it on the fact the guy is slow, terrible, and has possibly the worst gap vision of any starting RB, ever.
I know you weren't. I'm just saying.. that 4 downs at the goal line told most fans everything they needed to know about Toby (even though it wasn't all on him with our MEH oline)

Gap vision he might come in 2nd to Trent Richardson. Biggest RB bust... ever?

Disappointing how Toby turned out. I had some high hopes when he was first brought in. He's too slow to be a true RB in the NFL, I suggest a switch to FB for him, he may make it to the offseason with the team, but I doubt it. I think its best that the Jags and Toby part ways so he can get on with another team. 

I'm actually quite surprised Toby Gerhart is getting this much ink on this forum. Regardless of why he was brought in and what has transpired since, and regardless of injuries or no injuries, the bottom line is he didn't get it done. At the end of the day, that is how it's all turned out and he is most likely gone.....as it should be. The Jags need to make him a memory and Toby needs to go somewhere else...........if anyone is willing to take a chance on him. One thing is for sure, if any team does, he will not make "anywhere near" the money he made in Jacksonville.

If I'm an owner and pick him up, I sign him for a one year deal loaded with incentives but the minimum base allowed. Toby does NOT warrant anything else.