Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles seriously underrated?

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 11:58 AM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:The question isn't why replace Henne, the question is, what does Henne provide the team that a cheaper guy wouldn't?

Seems Henne's most significant contribution is high fiving Bortles when he comes off the field, I'm sure they could find an intern to take care of that, and if it's being Bortles good buddy that matters then I doubt not bringing him back for his several million dollars a year would stop them being good buddies.
Stache... the guy can grow a great stache.

in seriousness, some of the things those guys provide isnt always seen by the fans. we cant say what impact chenne and BB's relationship had on BB's transition to the NFL. Freddy T was even quoted recently saying the most influential figure in his sucsess in the NFL was "little man" james stewart because of the guidance he gave him when he entered the league. chenne could be having that same effect on Blake in few ways. IMO, i wouldnt mess with the chips around blake to much at this point in his career, things seem to be clicking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Forget the fade pass, I'd rather see him quit throwing brainless passes. That's priority #1 in my opinion. 33 TDS and 10 INT next year would be great.

If Aaron Rodgers learned anything from Brett Favre, it was from watching. It's been oft reported Favre did nothing to help the man he felt threatened his job security.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If Aaron Rodgers learned anything from Brett Favre, it was from watching. It's been oft reported Favre did nothing to help the man he felt threatened his job security.
That is all you really need, you get an inside look at how an elite QB prepares, practices, watches film, how he carries himself, plays etc. To get drafted in the NFL @ QB you have some form of arm talent, and at that point the majority of the game is mental so having a guy who is at the top helps even if he doesn't hold your hand.

Henne with the oline(much better than when he was a starter) and talent we have now on offense, would be a decent relieve guy if BB5 would get hurt.

Quote:Here's a couple of weaknesses.He can't throw the fade in the red zone, blitz pick up,and locking on to receivers

Yeah if he corrects these then Jags could be hard to stop.

No Fun

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">This is from one of my old posts on this subject but Bortles is emerging and I'd like to see him do the following:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2016 goals:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Close out games - 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Full field reads - 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Less Pick 6's - 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Better audibles -

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Forget the fade pass, I'd rather see him quit throwing brainless passes. That's priority #1 in my opinion. 33 TDS and 10 INT next year would be great.

Even the greats throw brainless passes. As he gains experience, he'll throw less of those. Given his stats, people lose sight of the fact that he's still just a second year player.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Yeah, I believe he is rated correctly. When he is in 2 min before half he is very very very likely to throw a pick, He doesn't seem to really lead the team but just play with them. He doesn't make some necessary decisions or calls that will help the team at the right time. Still taking sacks when he can throw the ball away. Can't believe he ran past the line twice in one game and threw it. Almost did it again. These are things that can be fixed (maybe) but at the same time shouldn't happen and can keep your team from winning.  

Quote:Forget the fade pass, I'd rather see him quit throwing brainless passes. That's priority #1 in my opinion. 33 TDS and 10 INT next year would be great.

And how many of those 10 INT are brainless?

Blake has thrown a bunch of fades for a TD. He's just not consistent at it.
Shock the world

^^^ This.

Lol@ whoever says he "can't" throw a fade.

That 90 yarder to Robinson was very fade'ish like.

Those CB get paid to make plays against those fades.

Please stop with this....he can't throw a fade junk. Don't even get it started. He is 1 TD pass away from leading the league.

Quote:Blake has thrown a bunch of fades for a TD. He's just not consistent at it.

I take it "3" is a bunch?

'02

If you had told me in August that BB5 would have 24 TDs and 12 INTs, I'd be satisfied. Right now, I'm thrilled.

Quote:I take it "3" is a bunch?

How many fades did he miss on?

Quote:If you had told me in August that BB5 would have 24 TDs and 12 INTs, I'd be satisfied. Right now, I'm thrilled.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This right here

Quote:I take it "3" is a bunch?

Probably 3/4 to just Allen Robinson. 1/2 to Julius Thomas. 1/2 to Marcedes Lewis (last year).

He's inconsistent at it.
Shock the world

Quote: (last year).

Wow..

Quote:Wow..

Yeah?
Shock the world

http://nflbreakdowns.com/blake-bortles-1...in-2014/3/

Check out the play on the bottom.

Quote:If you had told me in August that BB5 would have 24 TDs and 12 INTs, I'd be satisfied. Right now, I'm thrilled.
Pretty much this. He's close to a 3 to 1 ratio.
No commercial messages in sigs