Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles seriously underrated?

For the life of me, I can't understand why some of you feel the need to nitpick and disparage what has been one of the very few bright spots of our otherwise dismal season. The strides Bortles has made from last season to this one should be applauded. Is he perfect? No, and neither is he a finished product. The man is only in his second year and is already standing toe to toe with the big guns in the league, statistically speaking. He'll only get better as he grows into the position.

This is the beginning of a new era in Jaguars football... Sit back and enjoy !!

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pretty much this. He's close to a 3 to 1 ratio.
He's a lot closer to a 2 to 1 ratio
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:For the life of me, I can't understand why some of you feel the need to nitpick and disparage what has been one of the very few bright spots of our otherwise dismal season. The strides Bortles has made from last season to this one should be applauded. Is he perfect? No, and neither is he a finished product. The man is only in his second year and is already standing toe to toe with the big guns in the league, statistically speaking. He'll only get better as he grows into the position.

This is the beginning of a new era in Jaguars football... Sit back and enjoy !!

He's 23, anyone not taking recognition of his accomplishments so far is either a troll or unsatisfied with any performance south of Tom Brady. His growth as a passer is without peer, in his last 8 games he's completing 61.7% of his passes for 2,377 yards and 24 TDs to 8 INTs. If he had been closer to that in the first 7 games of the season he'd be having an all pro year instead of just having the greatest season a Jaguars QB has ever had with what should be strong enough numbers to give him strong consideration for the pro bowl.

Quote:He's a lot closer to a 2 to 1 ratio
Still a significant improvement.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Speaking of Henne, the guy is a UFA after this season. I'm thinking we let him walk and look for a replacement backup QB.

Really going out on a limb there since you're such a big Henne fan.

Quote:The question isn't why replace Henne, the question is, what does Henne provide the team that a cheaper guy wouldn't?

Seems Henne's most significant contribution is high fiving Bortles when he comes off the field, I'm sure they could find an intern to take care of that, and if it's being Bortles good buddy that matters then I doubt not bringing him back for his several million dollars a year would stop them being good buddies.

Henne's price tag isn't a concern. If the team can't find a legitimate replacement who really represents an upgrade, there's a good chance Henne is back for 2017. I do expect the team to explore their options, but I think they'd be quite content if he stuck around.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Really going out on a limb there since you're such a big Henne fan.

Henne's price tag isn't a concern. If the team can't find a legitimate replacement who really represents an upgrade, there's a good chance Henne is back for 2017. I do expect the team to explore their options, but I think they'd be quite content if he stuck around.

^ yep.

Quote:Really going out on a limb there since you're such a big Henne fan.

It's easy to throw around other people's money and say the price doesn't matter, but as Vic was fond of saying, this isn't Monopoly money. I can't see any point in paying 3 million a year for a backup that would fall on his face if he had to go into the game anyway, maybe Caldwell and Khan think he's the man, and if they do that's all that matters, but I know if it were my 3 million per year I'd rather put it toward signing defensive free agents and bring in a young lion from the middle to late rounds to hold the clipboard.

Youngest QB in nfl history to throw for 4000+ yards, 35+ TDs and rush for 300+ yards at age 23

Quote:He's a lot closer to a 2 to 1 ratio
Ratio is overblown.  If he had 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions after 15 games we'd need to be looking for a new QB.  I'll take 35 and 16.

Quote:Yeah, I believe he is rated correctly. When he is in 2 min before half he is very very very likely to throw a pick, He doesn't seem to really lead the team but just play with them. He doesn't make some necessary decisions or calls that will help the team at the right time. Still taking sacks when he can throw the ball away. Can't believe he ran past the line twice in one game and threw it. Almost did it again. These are things that can be fixed (maybe) but at the same time shouldn't happen and can keep your team from winning.

And he's just as likely to throw a touchdown to go into halftime tied or better. As for the forward passes; on neither play he would have made the first down so those penalties turned an easy FG into a slightly less easy FG. Big freaking deal.

Quote:Youngest QB in nfl history to throw for 4000+ yards, 35+ TDs and rush for 300+ yards at age 23

Now that's pretty darn impressive.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Statistically, Blake reminds me of Carson Palmer earlier in his career. He used to put up big numbers but never won a lot of games because the defense was bad. Hopefully Caldwell will build this thing for him because we got a keeper. If one can't not put Blakes ridiculous numbers into perspective then they are just being pessimistic. This guy is a baller.

I was looking for 26 TD this year at best. I am beyond thrilled right now