Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is it so hard to win?

So many busts, so many 3,4,5 win seasons just figure at the very least you can get lucky every once in a while. The jags and teams like the Browns until Dave Caldwell came could have the entire first round of picks and still screw it up. When can we figure out how to be remotely watchable and average?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Taking head cases like Blackmon, consensus second round players at 10 like Alualu, and developmental QBs who did not even show any ability in college and starting them almost day 1 when they are not prepared to be the starter in the first round will do that to your team.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Taking head cases like Blackmon, consensus second round players at 10 like Alualu, and developmental QBs who did not even show any ability in college and starting them almost day 1 when they are not prepared to be the starter in the first round will do that to your team.
it's absolutely rediculous.

Just close your eyes and roll some dice to pick and you will at least hit a few

Why can't we ever be one of those suprise teams that nobody expect to be good? To go from worst to first. Never happens.

It ain't too hard to win when you are playing AGAINST the jaguars...  

What's funny is the Jaguar players have probably been asking this question all year. They see the team is talented, so why is it so hard to win? This team needs to learn how to win by doing so early and often next year. Watching the progression of the team, I think that's definitely the next step, and i think they can do it.

Quote:What's funny is the Jaguar players have probably been asking this question all year. They see the team is talented, so why is it so hard to win? This team needs to learn how to win by doing so early and often next year. Watching the progression of the team, I think that's definitely the next step, and i think they can do it.

It kinda also helps if you prepare to win...  Something we have a hard time doing too.  Just saying they need to learn to win is kinda a mantra...  You still have to do the preperation and planning to be winners...  I think certain things lead to better preperation, while other things lead to a culture that isn't prepared to win.  

But that's just my opinion.

2 words and the first one is Gus.

This malady pre-dates Gus.

Quote:This malady pre-dates Gus.

Sadly, this is 100 percent true. But it's important to point out that this loserly disease has several causes and even more symptoms.

Quote:2 words and the first one is Gus.

Is the second word, sucks?

Well we dont have great talent at some important positions.  And we dont seem to have a level of coaching that either gets the most out of the talent and/or can't create a scheme to compensate for a lack of talent.

Another issue I believe is during games we make too many little mistakes.  And it's difficult to overcome so many of them.  Which again I believe is coaching.

And I say this as a guy who likes Bradley.

#becauseMiamicurse :teehee:

Quote:It kinda also helps if you prepare to win...  Something we have a hard time doing too.  Just saying they need to learn to win is kinda a mantra...  You still have to do the preperation and planning to be winners...  I think certain things lead to better preperation, while other things lead to a culture that isn't prepared to win.  

But that's just my opinion.

Yep, coaching and gameplanning is huge.

That Gus allowed for mariota to continually throw to the only place on the field he feels comfortable throwing to a few weeks ago showed just how far Gus needs to go to even be a decent head coach. That titans loss was totally on Gus. Mariota is terrible throwing anywhere except for short to intermediate over the middle to Walker, and the Jaguars continually failed to cover walker or that section of the field. Gus deserved to be fired, but we're stuck with him for another year anyway.

Quote:2 words and the first one is Gus.

.... and the 2nd is Oesher ?   What's funny is that I think you have me (subliminally) brainwashed that Oesher is our problem !!!  After all, the facts do show that we are 19-60 since he took the helm.  :verymad:

Cause we don't have a good defense.

The disease was injected by Shack Harris and Gene Smith....the cure is 3-4 years of solid drafts and free agent pickups.  Dr. Caldwell is making progress on the cure, but nurse Bradley keeps screwing up the medicine,,,,,,

Lol! Nurse Bradley is having a hard time finding a vein to put the I.V. drip into to administer the medicine! :-)

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 12:43 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Now all I can see is the joker from the dark night talking to two face in a nurse outfit