Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is it so hard to win?

Look no further than the coach who bends over and has a blank look on his face all the time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Look no further than the coach who bends over and has a blank look on his face all the time.
Some coaches are just an agent of chaos.

We have one of those coaches

The Jags seem like they are going to finish 5-11 this year against one of the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL.  Jack Del Rio won 5 games a few years ago with a rookie QB in Blaine Gabbert.  There are only 3 positions on that team that the Jags were better than this year's team.  RB with MJD, center with Brad Meister, and Josh Scobee at kicker.  This team should have won at least 8 games even 7 games would be under achieving but to only win 5 games and Bradley keeps his job?

It's so hard to win because this team allows 28 points per game.

Add that in with allowing the 2nd most 3rd down conversions and you get a recipe for a lot of losses.

Quote:.... and the 2nd is Oesher ? What's funny is that I think you have me (subliminally) brainwashed that Oesher is our problem !!! After all, the facts do show that we are 19-60 since he took the helm. :verymad:

Oesher is one of the main problems. The curse is real. It would be easier if he just removed himself from the situation and quit, but I don't see his type going quietly.

Quote:Why can't we ever be one of those suprise teams that nobody expect to be good? To go from worst to first. Never happens.

Did you become a fan in 1998?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Did you become a fan in 1998?

Nope 2001.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM by Sosa.)

Cause we're the Jaguars and teams have a ton of confidence to beat us, which leads to them being the better team on Sunday. Also, we're coached by Gus Badley and he can't get this team to execute when necessary. Shack Harris, Gene Smith, and Wayne Weaver injected this team with a curse from all those awful years. It also didn't help to pick players like Aluahoonarico from Church State Wyoming. Just go look at our old rosters... They're pathetic and awful. I have a ton of respect for Del Rio to get us some wins during those dark times.

John Oehser is the main reason why we're bad. Our team completely hit rock bottom when he was hired, but everyone ignores that fact.

[Image: ifr-oehser-mug.jpg?w=300&h=214]

Quote:The disease was injected by Shack Harris and Gene Smith....the cure is 3-4 years of solid drafts and free agent pickups.  Dr. Caldwell is making progress on the cure, but nurse Bradley keeps screwing up the medicine,,,,,,
Shack Harris as the GM had 3 winning seasons two playoff seasons and a playoff win 

plz dont put him with Gene Smith 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

i think some of this can be explained by saying the NFL designed a lengthy season for reasons. Certainly, economics is at the forefront of that reasoning. But, another reason could be that it's the old saying.......let the cream rise to the top. Look at Seattle as an example. They were picked early on to be in the hunt because frankly they are a very good team and some of that is finally starting to show although last weeks loss set them back. My point is........had the season been 8 or 10 games long...........they'd be done. Because the season is long enough to "filter" through who is good and who is probably not............the numbers (wins and losses) typically don't lie. Of course, if a team gets on a roll and gathers a head of steam by reeling off some consecutive wins, that can grow a team up very quickly. 

Simply put, the Jags are about where they should be based on their talent level but all is not lost. It's pretty clear where they need to spend time and money on next year. For their offense, (and particularly BB).....they are now getting a confidence level there that should carry over into next year. They have greatly improved. But, depending on what they do in the off season with the draft and FA............they are probably at least another year (maybe more) from playing with the perennial big boys like NE, GB, Seahawks and others. Does this mean Gus should keep his job?  Not necessarily. If I'm the owner......I'm keeping my eyes and options open. But, in all likelihood, Bradley will be back for another go at it. 

Quote:Why can't we ever be one of those suprise teams that nobody expect to be good? To go from worst to first. Never happens.
Those teams were usually the ones who had major injurys and lost a franchise QB for the season. Colts of 2011, I would say Chargers, Ravens, Bears, and Lions are all canidates this year. Any of those teams could come back and get 10 wins next year and I wouldn't be shocked. I also think we have a good chance to get a wildcard spot as well.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Shack Harris as the GM had 3 winning seasons two playoff seasons and a playoff win 

plz dont put him with Gene Smith 
His drafting was meh. You got some solid picks in there, but nothing to really write home about. Gene is probably going to go down as the worst GM of all time, our drafts under him were God awful!

Quote:His drafting was meh. You got some solid picks in there, but nothing to really write home about. Gene is probably going to go down as the worst GM of all time, our drafts under him were God awful!
Mathis and MJD are nothing to write about? How bout Daryl Smith? Those players were all studs and all from the Shack era. He wasn't all bad. I don't see anyone from Genes time coming even close to what those guys did.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Gus bradley

Quote:Cause we're the Jaguars and teams have a ton of confidence to beat us, which leads to them being the better team on Sunday. Also, we're coached by Gus Badley and he can't get this team to execute when necessary. Shack Harris, Gene Smith, and Wayne Weaver injected this team with a curse from all those awful years. It also didn't help to pick players like Aluahoonarico from Church State Wyoming. Just go look at our old rosters... They're pathetic and awful. I have a ton of respect for Del Rio to get us some wins during those dark times.

John Oehser is the main reason why we're bad. Our team completely hit rock bottom when he was hired, but everyone ignores that fact.
[Image: ifr-oehser-mug.jpg?w=300&h=214]

The quicker Shad realizes this, the better the organization will be. Like I said, if he would just resign, it would make it easier on every one.

Yeah, Coaching is a problem but not the problem. We have Hou this weekend and we know Hopkins beat us pretty much alone. So what will Jags do to stop him and on top of that what will we do to keep Watt off of Blake. #1 thing hard count right from the get go. Get them off balance, run stretches and cut the D-line mainly Watt and Wilfolk. TE Screens, even a reverse will work I believe. We need to spread the WR's out which will spread out the D and do some HB Sprints up the middle. It will also show mismatches. Do not waste downs on hooks for THE Allens or it will be a pick 6. Single back to help block, hope the new guy can. Maybe put Colvin on Hopkins but no matter who it is they don't need to get caught up in a trash talking fetish. Zone coverages will work but cheat close or back feel it. If Hou starts to build momentum then call a timeout to stale it. (Slow the momentum). We all know this for free and they get paid for it and can't do it.  

We are Allergic to winning.