Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Letting Doug Marrone go to keep Bradley a year will be a mistake

Quote:When you opt out of a contract, you're resigning. Polish that turd any way you wish. He quit.

No, you are exercising the terms of your contract. Period.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone think Marrone is partly responsible for the leap that the offense took this year?

lol @ this thread. If I'm picking between Marrone and Bradley, I'm taking Bradley 100 times out of 100. And that's not an endorsement of Bradley.

Quote:lol @ this thread. If I'm picking between Marrone and Bradley, I'm taking Bradley 100 times out of 100. And that's not an endorsement of Bradley.

Why?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:lol @ this thread. If I'm picking between Marrone and Bradley, I'm taking Bradley 100 times out of 100. And that's not an endorsement of Bradley.

Why? Shows you don't know football. Marrone took a below average Bills team and made them 9-7. Bradley is a donkey and 12-35. He's horrible. His defense is the worst in the NFL

Quote:Anyone think Marrone is partly responsible for the leap that the offense took this year?

Absolutely.  

Doug Marrone has two major roles on the Jaguars Coaching Staff.   There's no way the team would be vastly improved on Offense if Marrone failed to make major positive contributions.  

Quote:Absolutely.

Doug Marrone has two major roles on the Jaguars Coaching Staff. There's no way the team would be vastly improved on Offense if Marrone failed to make major positive contributions.
I agree, I think Marrone was a big part of the offensive improvement

It's pretty bad when your boss has to issue a public statement that you will not get fired.

The whole world knows that you screwed up, but the boss still wants to cover for your [BLEEP]

Quote:I agree, I think Marrone was a big part of the offensive improvement

I've had a favorable opinion of Greg Olson dating back to his Lions Assistant Coaching days a decade ago.   Yet,  w/o major improvement on the Offensive Line by itself,  there's no way the Jaguars Offense would be at the current level.   The entire Offensive staff deserves at least some credit.   

Quote:  I've had a favorable opinion of Greg Olson dating back to his Lions Assistant Coaching days a decade ago.   Yet,  w/o major improvement on the Offensive Line by itself,  there's no way the Jaguars Offense would be at the current level.   The entire Offensive staff deserves at least some credit.   

Think they make the same leap with Fisch and co. still here? I really don't.

Quote:Why? Shows you don't know football. Marrone took a below average Bills team and made them 9-7. Bradley is a donkey and 12-35. He's horrible. His defense is the worst in the NFL

What says the Bills were below average? They had a great D and running game. Just because they didn't have an explosive passing game doesn't make them poorly staffed.

Like I said, I wish we were done with Gus but Marrone is not some kind of savior.

I just hope they can retain Marrone, so when Bradley gets canned after a couple games next year, Marrone can take over.

Quote:What says the Bills were below average? They had a great D and running game. Just because they didn't have an explosive passing game doesn't make them poorly staffed.

Like I said, I wish we were done with Gus but Marrone is not some kind of savior.

This team would be just fine with AVERAGE.

Quote:Think they make the same leap with Fisch and co. still here? I really don't.

Probably not. 

The decisions made this past off-season regarding the Jags Offensive Coaching staff paid huge dividends.   As much potential as I thought Blake Bortles had going into this season,  under no scenario did I think he would be in the mid 30s in passing TDs. 

Quote:I just hope they can retain Marrone, so when Bradley gets canned after a couple games next year, Marrone can take over.

Khan: "Well, since the team is doing as I expected I will retain coach Bradley for 2017 despite the team's record of 0 and 4 here at the bye week."

I want del rio back

Quote:I don't want Marrone at all. And if I had my choice, it would be Hue Jackson but that's moot now.

I don't want Gus back but I think we all knew he was gonna be here in 2016.

Let's hope Caldwell brings in so much talent that not even Gus can screw it up.
All of this.

Feelings about Gus aside, I never got the love for Doug as our future HC. I'll be disappointed to a point if he leaves us but I'm not sad he isn't our HC, intern would have been fine I guess but I'm not on the DM Bus either.

Maybe I don't like riding any bus?

Quote:  I'm not taking a shot at JDR.   However,  in fairness to Gus Bradley,  if Khalil Mack was in Jacksonville,  not Oakland,   the two ascending teams records could easily have been reversed.    The primary difference between the Raiders and Jags in 2015 is Mack's differential skills,  especially as a pass rusher.

The problem with this is... If Khalil Mack was in Jacksonville, Blake Bortles wouldn't be.

Similarly, how good would this team be if Ziggy Ansah were on the Jaguars roster? I'm hoping Dante Fowler turns out to be in the same mold of guys like Mack and Ansah.

'02

Quote:Absolutely.  

Doug Marrone has two major roles on the Jaguars Coaching Staff.   There's no way the team would be vastly improved on Offense if Marrone failed to make major positive contributions.  

I know he had some input on their playbook, but the OL has been a bit of a weak link on this offense. Bortles is getting sacked way too much and they OL is doing nothing for the running game. I get the allure of having a former HC on the staff, but I have to think there are far better OL coaches out there. 

'02