Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Letting Doug Marrone go to keep Bradley a year will be a mistake

Quote:If you look at the league's young sack masters, among fourth year players JJ Watt is the best... among third year players Ansah is the best ... among second year players Mack is the best. Not sure who the best rookie is tho.

Though Khalil Mack is the best pass rusher from the 2014 draft crop, DT Aaron Donald is probably # 2 on the list despite being an interior player. 

As for 2015,  Vikings DE Danielle Hunter has been impressive,  despite being a 3rd Round pick and the team's # 3 DE.  Hunter wasn't very productive with LSU but under Mike Zimmer and co.,  vast potential has become production.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The receivers do an awesome job route running so I wouldn't put anything on them. That said, the Jaguars like to throw deep so the OL is asked to hold blocks longer than some other teams. Bortles, however, has as a great feel for the pocket with the ability to buy enough time for the deep passing game to work. Ultimately the sacks are still about guys getting past the OL. Their being asked to hold their blocks longer doesn't excuse them.

Thanks for your input.

It will be interesting to see how much improvement there is in year # 2 of the same system and with the changes that are made from a personnel standpoint. 

Quote:Here's the link:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/29/...the-saints

According to the totals, 18 sacks are on the OL (Mostly Beadles, and Sam Young had 3), 9 on Bortles, 5 on Yeldon, several rated "misc." and Cann with zero, which bodes well if Linder comes back and he and Cann are the two starters next year. The author, Hank Joness, provided video each week along with his analysis. I disagreed with a few, but overall his numbers seem pretty accurate.

Great information.  Thanks!   I'm going to bookmark the article.  

Regarding T.J. Yeldon,  even with his size, it's not surprising that a rookie RB has issues in pass protection.   Experience should go along way in him improving in the coming seasons. 

Quote: Regarding T.J. Yeldon,  even with his size, it's not surprising that a rookie RB has issues in pass protection.   Experience should go along way in him improving in the coming seasons. 

I hope you're right, but here is reason to believe. Fred Taylor was horrible in pass protection over his first couple years, but he eventually improved into one of the better pass blocking RBs in the league.

'02

This article was on NFL.com  

<b>Marrone</b> was a popular candidate last offseason after he opted out of his contract in Buffalo. When the music stopped on the coaching carousel, however, Marrone was left without a seat. He has spent the season coaching the offensive line in Jacksonville. The former head coach remains well thought of in some circles, despite the smear job that emanated from New York last season. Marrone led aBills team to a 9-7 record last season. Rex Ryan has taken the same squad to 7-8.

s
;

;

Quote:I hope you're right, but here is reason to believe. Fred Taylor was horrible in pass protection over his first couple years, but he eventually improved into one of the better pass blocking RBs in the league.

Do you recall anything specific other than experience that made a major difference in Fred Taylor turning the corning as a pass blocker?

Bill Parcells once mentioned something along the lines that the most difficult facet of the game for rookie RBs is picking up blitzes.   And that affected his decisions about usage for RBs. 

Marrone is gonna get a job elsewhere. Supposedly gonna be 8 open spots after tomorrow.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Do you recall anything specific other than experience that made a major difference in Fred Taylor turning the corning as a pass blocker?

Bill Parcells once mentioned something along the lines that the most difficult facet of the game for rookie RBs is picking up blitzes.   And that affected his decisions about usage for RBs. 

Actually I do. There was an offseason where he talked about making it a focus for him. That season he was much improved.

'02

Quote:Marrone is gonna get a job elsewhere. Supposedly gonna be 8 open spots after tomorrow.

The Browns are already saying that this will be the last game for their HC, and that Marrone is one of three HC's they intend to interview.

'02

I'm looking at this OL today and struggling to see anything that tells me that Marrone has done an exceptional job.

Gus Bradley is the worst coach in the history of the nfl. He is a damn joke.

Yo coach teach your defense to line up correctly.

Hey Marrone....

Looks like we're going to be without Parnell this week. Any blocking suggestions you'd like to add to this week's game plan?

Marrone:

Nope. I coached up Sam Young really good. He's ready!!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Hey Marrone....

Looks like we're going to be without Parnell this week. Any blocking suggestions you'd like to add to this week's game plan?

Marrone:

Nope. I coached up Sam Young really good. He's ready!!
What the hell is a "blocking suggestion"?