Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley's ceiling

Just as players have a ceiling and a floor coaches do as well. I'd like to think Bradley continues to learn and grow as a coach and has a great season next year. Here's to hoping

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Only way to know is get better players. Situational stuff though he is still not very good.

He needs to practice the clipboard throw so he can get more on Mularkeys level.

Quote:Only way to know is get better players. Situational stuff though he is still not very good.
I'm hoping he takes sometime in the off season and works on a lot of the little details.

His ceiling appears to be what most would call a "floor."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He already reached his ceiling: D-coordinator of a stacked defensive roster

He's a paint chip falling towards the floor right now

Quote:He already reached his ceiling: D-coordinator of a stacked defensive roster

He's a paint chip falling towards the floor right now

Pretty much

Quote:I'm hoping he takes sometime in the off season and works on a lot of the little details.

If he can do this much, Myers can take time to work on his extra points, and Bortles can take time to work on his fade passes, and Poz can find time to work on his pass defense, this is going to be a good team. I can't wait to see how Fowler's return catapults this defense to the next level.

'02

Quote:He already reached his ceiling: D-coordinator of a stacked defensive roster

We know he can coach up a defense that's stacked with talent, and he's shown this past year glimpses of what he can do with talented offensive players. I'd say we've seen his offensive floor in 2014 and his defensive floor this past season. His ceiling would seem to be an offense that can score 40-burgers on a routine basis along with a defense that can match up with the best the Seahawks have ever put together. He just needs the right players at key spots and healthy.

'02

Quote:We know he can coach up a defense that's stacked with talent, and he's shown this past year glimpses of what he can do with talented offensive players. I'd say we've seen his offensive floor in 2014 and his defensive floor this past season. His ceiling would seem to be an offense that can score 40-burgers on a routine basis along with a defense that can match up with the best the Seahawks have ever put together. He just needs the right players at key spots and healthy.

We can see what he does with talented offensive players?  I'm sorry, but I think you give him too much credit for what the offense did in terms of their progress.  Unless you count firing fish and bringing in Marrone and Olson as something he did...  

Here's an honest question.  The Jungle consensus is that it takes 3 years to see what a player can do.  My year 3, we pretty much all agree you will have seen what a player's success and production in the NFL will be.

So is that the same case with a head coach that is 1 game away from completing his 3rd year?  

The pitchfork crowd was gathering in anticipation of Gus not firing Fisch after last season. It's only right that the same crowd says Gus didn't have anything to do with the offensive improvement because he only fired a guy and hired someone else. Gus gets credit for the offensive improvement just as much as he gets credit for the defensive regression.

Quote:The pitchfork crowd was gathering in anticipation of Gus not firing Fisch after last season. It's only right that the same crowd says Gus didn't have anything to do with the offensive improvement because he only fired a guy and hired someone else. Gus gets credit for the offensive improvement just as much as he gets credit for the defensive regression.

That logic fails.  But whatever.  Gus hired fish in the first place didn't he? 

But hey, if you want to give Gus credit for hiring Marrone and Olson, go for it.  In the big scheme of things, making a hire and saying that all the good work that the hire did should be your credit is stupid.  And I've read enough of your posts to know you're not stupid.

Quote:Just as players have a ceiling and a floor coaches do as well. I'd like to think Bradley continues to learn and grow as a coach and has a great season next year. Here's to hoping

We're going into year four, and the only improvement I've seen from Bradley is that apparently he has a QC coach talking to him on his headset now telling him to stop throwing the red flag on so many plays that are unlikely to ever be overturned.

Game preparation is still terrible. The Jaguars never make a team beat them with their weaknesses like a Belichick coached team does, as an example. The Jaguars still come out every week completely flat. And worst of all players that play the position Bradley is supposed to be an expert at, DB, don't seem to be experiencing any growth as players at all. Seems that in order for Bradley to have any success players have to be given to him already being experts at their position and completely motivated from within, because Bradley apparently can't coach guys up to play their position better or help them find motivation to want to win. Guy is a complete loser, and I can't believe Khan wants people to buy tickets for another season of the guy.

Hopefully his ceiling is something like the 1st half of that Eagles game, that stretch of the Bills London game, or the Colts game from a few weeks ago.

Coaches don't have ceilings, QB's do.  Our QB doesn't so therefore Gus doesn't. 

Quote:Coaches don't have ceilings, QB's do.  Our QB doesn't so therefore Gus doesn't. 

[Image: post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif]

I don't think Gus' ceiling is very high, but he will be ok if we have pro bowlers all over the defense.

Not a Gus believer, but it'll be interesting to see what he does with a few more talented players on defense. Hopefully it turns around?
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:[Image: post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif]

Lol, best use of this .gif I've seen

Quote:Coaches don't have ceilings, QB's do.  Our QB doesn't so therefore Gus doesn't. 
[Image: not.jpg]

His ceiling was reached as a DC for Seattle.

Until we get three elite DBs, arguably four (Sherman, Kam, Thomas, Maxwell), he wont reach his potential.