Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden - Former Jags comment (MERGED)

Quote:Gruden went out of his way to comment on MNF how many ex-Jags are out there having success.

This is a clear testament to how poor our entire coaching staff has been throughout the years.

I don't think it's a testament to anything.  Some people mature at a slower pace than others.  Some people need that rejection as motivation.  Could it be coaching and development?  Sure.  But whatever the specific issues were for Reggie Nelson, Brandon Marshall or whomever, I don't think it's a clear testament to anything.  They were nothing special while here and that could be 100% on them for all we know.  Hindsight is still clearly 20/20.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His weight played a major issue which apparently our coaching staff couldn't keep under management.

that isn't why he left. the coaching staff you speak of signed him in Denver. Him and Marshall were JDR recruits

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 06:50 AM by Jags02.)

Sure would be nice to have [Daryl Smith and Brandon Marshall] on this team  :teehee:

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Marshall would be good here with Ware and Miller by his side.
No commercial messages in sigs

It's a clear testament to not having drafted enough quality players to overcome the loss of a few through free agency.  That hopefully and apparently has been corrected with the hiring of Dave Caldwell.

Not everyone that Gene or Shack drafted were terrible, they were just clearly not hitting on their picks as consistently as they needed to.

Definitely needed another thread about this.........................

No you're wrong about Smith. When he was at the end of his contract in 2013 and I said he was still a very good player and worthy of re-signing I got shouted down by the majority on this board who said he was old and no good. And as we all know the board is never wrong when they say a player is "teh suxorz".

Quote:No you're wrong about Smith. When he was at the end of his contract in 2013 and I said he was still a very good player and worthy of re-signing I got shouted down by the majority on this board who said he was old and no good. And as we all know the board is never wrong when they say a player is "teh suxorz".
Instead of patting yourself on the back with this nonsense, why don't you merge this thread with the others talking about free agents we let walk years ago, that are doing better on better teams Smile

Quote:No you're wrong about Smith. When he was at the end of his contract in 2013 and I said he was still a very good player and worthy of re-signing I got shouted down by the majority on this board who said he was old and no good. And as we all know the board is never wrong when they say a player is "teh suxorz".

Hindsight is the greatest asset for any message board general manager.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gruden went out of his way to comment on MNF how many ex-Jags are out there having success.

This is a clear testament to how poor our entire coaching staff has been throughout the years.

Nelson played at a point in time when the identity of the Jaguars was defense. He struggled with the scheme. Coaching wasn't the issue.

The torch and pitchfork crowd wanted him gone long before he actually was sent packing. Now he's a huge loss. Same with guys like Daryll Smith. He was easily replaced as far as the message board experts saw it. Anyone who said otherwise about guys like these at the time was deemed a mouthpiece for the team by the same people opining their departure now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I don't remember anyone clamoring for Daryl Smith to be released. Caldwell has basically admitted he might have missed on that. But he was right about Monroe and Scobee.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Reggie Nelson's departure was celebrated by the crux of the message board, and we laughed at those silly Bengal for picking him up.

He was Reggie freaking Nelson...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Cyprien with all that talent on the Bengals D would look like a pro bowler.

Shame on the organization for not giving Nelson 10+ years to develop.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Someone did

Look at em now
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

There were people on this board who thought we should upgrade Smith.

Meh, Reggie Nelson stunk on ice as a jaguar. I personally don't miss him, even with our current crummy safeties.

even if we had those two, how do you suggest we cover receivers?

Baltimore's record with Smith this year is what?

He's 33 years old now.

Even if we kept him, he wouldn't have solved the lack of a pass rush.

Even if we kept him, we'd be looking to draft his replacement this year ANYWAY.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Reggie Nelson is who I want back.

Toughness breeds toughness.

You put some of these people on Cinci, Pittsbugh, Seattle, Denver, etc. they'd try harder and have more attention to detail.  1 single tackle may be the difference between a win or loss or more importantly, a playoff berth.

Bring them to Jax and they hear about just trying to get better every week  .... try a little harder and believe in the process.   Wallbash