Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden - Former Jags comment (MERGED)

Quote:Gruden went out of his way to comment on MNF how many ex-Jags are out there having success.

This is a clear testament to how poor our entire coaching staff has been throughout the years.

It's an indictment of Del Rio's coaching abilities for sure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cyprien with all that talent on the Bengals D would look like a pro bowler.

That's because the Bengals would coach him up and hold him accountable for blown coverages and taking bad angles.

Quote:Gruden went out of his way to comment on MNF how many ex-Jags are out there having success.

This is a clear testament to how poor our entire coaching staff has been throughout the years.

I heard that and i felt pretty embarrassed.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 04:15 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Quote:It's an indictment of Del Rio's coaching abilities for sure.
Maybe, Jack made mistakes here, and changing his personality was one that got him fired(and that atrocious drafting by Smiff and Shack). He is not a bad coach, and honestly I would take him over Gus 1000 times over. 7-8 in the AFC west? I would love to see the Jaguars go 8-8 and NOT have a losing record for a change.

Edit: Put the JDR coached Raiders, or even him coaching this team, one could argue he would have his team at 9-7 or better.

Nelson or Marshall were never going be successful in Jax because the teams they played on were not good enough. Neither guy is the type of player who will be a stud regardless of the talent around him. They are both solid players now who are thriving on very talented defenses. They are not the driving force behind their defense's success though, rather they benefit from great players around them.

In Jacksonville each guy was average on bad teams and if we really want to look back, neither guy was going to change the fortunes of the team. Time to move on people.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Maybe, Jack made mistakes here, and changing his personality was one that got him fired(and that atrocious drafting by Smiff and Shack). He is not a bad coach, and honestly I would take him over Gus 1000 times over. 7-8 in the AFC west? I would love to see the Jaguars go 8-8 and NOT have a losing record for a change.

Edit: Put the JDR coached Raiders, or even him coaching this team, one could argue he would have his team at 9-7 or better.

They have a good roster. Not one that's built for the future, but it's good now.

Might be just me but RFN looks to have added 15-20lbs since his days as a Jag.

Same guys who want their girlfriend back after seeing her with another guy
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Did you see that hit he laid on Owen Daniels last night that broke up a pass that was probably a game-winning TD? WOW, he really "laid the lumber" on him. When did he learn to play like that?
When he was coached to...

He was older, hurt and wanted to get paid. Marshall was a never was until JDR got some really great players around him in Denver.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 10:35 PM by knarnn.)

Marshall is a good role player. Without Miller, Ware, and Trevathian he's just a guy. Smith while playing at a high level is unfortunately old. He wouldn't have made much, if any change to our win total the past 3 years and we'd be looking for his replacement in this year's draft anyway.

I also find it funny that we aren't angry about guys like Lowery, Laurent Robinson, Mincey, Landry etc.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We wanted to keep Marshall on our practice squad, but he chose to sign with Denver's practice squad instead.

Quote:We wanted to keep Marshall on our practice squad, but he chose to sign with Denver's practice squad instead.

That also goes unmentioned. He chose the Broncos over the Jags and at the time who could blame him?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I wanted to resign D Cox. Didnt think he was going to be as bad as he was. Maybe Dave can get him on the practice squad

Quote:I wanted to resign D Cox. Didnt think he was going to be as bad as he was. Maybe Dave can get him on the practice squad

Lol I forgot about him. I was ready to tar and feather Caldwell personally after letting Cox, Knighton, and Lowery go. One has one foot out the league. Another is one hamburger away from a heart attack. And the other is the perennial free agent signing to fill a roster spot after you didn't get your guy in the draft.

Hey guys let's not forget Eugene Monroe, who has been an outstanding get for the ravens.  I think he's played 7 games the last 2 years. Then there's Austin Pastor who has been amazing for the Browns.

Let's also throw some regret in there for Gabbert.  Cleary it would have worked out here had we given it more time.  How about Dwight Lowery, or we too busy complaining about an 80 yard touchdown that we'd rather complain should have been picked versus a great pass by any other QB...?

Hey Prozinsky is starting for the Bears, and it is now established that once someone lands somewhere else, they are better then they had been here. Selvie surely is a pro bowler for the giants as well.

I'l be over here complaining about the epic fail it was letting Derek Cox go.  Man, disappointing.  Same with Mincey.  Man, that dallas D is something!

Does everyone remember how loved these guys were?  How could we let this future lynchpins of the franchise go?  

The ultimate former Jaguars players defensive roster...

LDE Leger Douzable

NT Terrance Knighton

DT Kyle Love

RDE Jeremy Mincey

SLB Daryl Smith

MLB Brandon Marshall

WLB J.T. Thomas

CB Will Blackmon

CB Alan Ball

FS Dwight Lowery

SS Reggie Nelson

'02

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 11:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:The ultimate former Jaguars players defensive roster...

LDE Leger Douzable

NT Terrance Knighton

DT Kyle Love

RDE Jeremy Mincey

SLB Daryl Smith

MLB Brandon Marshall

WLB J.T. Thomas

CB Will Blackmon

CB Alan Ball

FS Dwight Lowery

SS Reggie Nelson
solid D, Mathis over Blackmon

Quote:even if we had those two, how do you suggest we cover receivers?

Or rush the passer.

Quote:solid D, Mathis over Blackmon

Mathis might have played his last snap. He went on IR with a serious concussion in mind-November, and it's thought the Lions won't bring him back at 36-years-old next year. The best CB as a former Jaguar might be Trumaine McBride with the Giants, but he only played in one game as a Jaguar in 2011 so few even know he was on the roster. McBride has 3 INTs this year, 1 returned for a fumble, plus a forced fumble. I probably should have said Blackmon and McBride.

'02