Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler update

http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/footbal...795BF17855

Sounds like he'll be ready by camp but that doesn't seem to sway Dave from potentially bolstering our lackluster pass rush.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2015-12-26/story/after-year-rehab-dante-fowler-focused-being-force-jaguars#article=6796D778E31F09D23EB89E1868795BF17855'>http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2015-12-26/story/after-year-rehab-dante-fowler-focused-being-force-jaguars#article=6796D778E31F09D23EB89E1868795BF17855</a>

Sounds like he'll be ready by camp but that doesn't seem to sway Dave from potentially bolstering our lackluster pass rush.

It shouldn't. We don't know if Fowler is the answer. Thus team needs much more than just one edge rusher
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We need to sign both Mario Williams and Olivier Vernon in the offseason and draft Spence in the second.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I'm still positive about Fowler.  Glad to hear it.

Quote:We need to sign both Mario Williams and Olivier Vernon in the offseason and draft Spence in the second.

I think Mario is past his prime. We may get a Aaron Kampman result

I don't think he is past his prime. I think Rex came in and fixed what wasn't broken by putting a team with 4-3 personnel into a 3-4. Mario left Houston because he didn't want to be in a 3-4.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I don't think he is past his prime. I think Rex came in and fixed what wasn't broken by putting a team with 4-3 personnel into a 3-4. Mario left Houston because he didn't want to be in a 3-4.

Mario can still be a productive player in a 4-3 scheme but I too believe he's reached his prime and is on the slippery slope of age.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Mario can still be a productive player in a 4-3 scheme but I too believe he's reached his prime and is on the slippery slope of age.

I think he could still give us 2 or 3 seasons of 10+ sacks.

I am really excited to see Fowler back on the field. Was watching his game vs Tennessee earlier, I really hope he is utilized like this and has a similar impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAd7XrXXbE

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 11:44 AM by irontrooper83.)

Nice to see Dante Fowler on the field, thanks for the article (as always good job by Ryan O')

One question since I rarely saw Fowler playing in college: is he a pure DE or can he play our OTTO position as well?

I mean, if we manage to get a couple of good pass rushers in FA, is adding them with Fowler going to OTTO a possibility?

Having Telvin Smith-Jaylon Smith (if we draft him as MLB) and Fowler in a 4-3 is a viable solution?

Anyway, we can't count solely on him for the pass rusher position, we'll have to get someone from FA (and possibly later in the Draft although Dave last year said the 2016 pass rushing position in the draft was thin).

Quote:Nice to see Dante Fowler on the field, thanks for the article (as always good job by Ryan O')

One question since I rarely saw Fowler playing in college: is he a pure DE or can i play our OTTO position as well?

I mean, if we manage to get a couple of good pass rushers in FA, is adding them with Fowler going to OTTO a possibility?

Having Telvin Smith-Jaylon Smith (if we draft him as MLB) and Fowler in a 4-3 is a viable solution?

Anyway, we can't count solely on him for the pass rusher position, we'll have to get someone from FA (and possibly later in the Draft although Dave last year said the 2016 pass rushing position in the draft was thin).

At UF, Fowler played pretty much every position along the front 7 and that is something I would like to see the Jags do as well.

If I were the GM, I would sign another pass rusher in the free agency vs drafting one high (unless Bosa is there). I would rather not leave my pass rush up to two rookies. I'd like to see Dave sign a guy (Vinny Curry, Vernon, Perry, etc) and rotate them with Fowler at LEO and have Fowler line up at other spots like OTTO. Draft another pass rusher in the 2nd round (J.Allen, Calhoun, Spence, Nassib, etc) and work them in slowly.

Quote:At UF, Fowler played pretty much every position along the front 7 and that is something I would like to see the Jags do as well.

If I were the GM, I would sign another pass rusher in the free agency vs drafting one high (unless Bosa is there). I would rather not leave my pass rush up to two rookies. I'd like to see Dave sign a guy (Vinny Curry, Vernon, Perry, etc) and rotate them with Fowler at LEO and have Fowler line up at other spots like OTTO. Draft another pass rusher in the 2nd round (J.Allen, Calhoun, Spence, Nassib, etc) and work them in slowly.

Where do you want your CB? Round 1?

Quote:Where do you want your CB? Round 1?

Yeah, I would go Hargreaves if he is there.

our team needs are basically everything on defense except for Telvin Smith

Quote:At UF, Fowler played pretty much every position along the front 7 and that is something I would like to see the Jags do as well.

Thanks for the answer!

Great to hear he can be moved around.

I agree we need to sign 1-2 great pass rusher (if possible)in FA and then another in the draft. 

Quote:our team needs are basically everything on defense except for Telvin Smith

And Poz.

Don't give up on Cyp just yet..

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 11:55 AM by badger.)

Quote:And Poz.

Don't give up on Cyp just yet..

Poz is my favorite player, but he is definitely upgradeable.  Keep him if we dont get anything better.

Cyp, man that guy is extremely slow and a liability.  Reggie Nelson was different because he always had athleticism.

He seems very genuine in his love of the game. I think he'll give 100% all the time. A poz like approach, with hopefully great production. I'm excited to see how he does next season. 

Please be good Dante!

Quote:our team needs are basically everything on defense except for Telvin Smith

Basically this. Jags need to add like 10-12 new defensive players. Starters or just depth/jars on the shelf. Telvin is the only playmaker we have on defense right now. Poz is good, but if have the opportunity to add a young ILB, like Jaylon Smith, then we need to do it.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Poz is my favorite player, but he is definitely upgradeable. Keep him if we dont get anything better.

Cyp, man that guy is extremely slow and a liability. Reggie Nelson was different because he always had athleticism.

He is 6th in tackles with a broke hand. Telvin is 5th in tackles.

Everybody is upgradeable but if Telvin ranks one spot higher then Telvin is upgradeable in that sense.

I think we are fine at MLB for 2 more years.

We need a CB, a Center, and FS.

Fowler and Marks will be coming back, but I wouldn't mind another LEO in FA.