Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler update

After reading this article, I love Fowler's attitude. If he plays as well as his attitude, we finally will have a good pass rusher, potentially great. What I like most about him, on the field, is his versatility. If we add another pass rusher in the 1st round, fowler Can Also Play OTTO.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nice to see Dante Fowler on the field, thanks for the article (as always good job by Ryan O')

One question since I rarely saw Fowler playing in college: is he a pure DE or can he play our OTTO position as well?

I mean, if we manage to get a couple of good pass rushers in FA, is adding them with Fowler going to OTTO a possibility?

Having Telvin Smith-Jaylon Smith (if we draft him as MLB) and Fowler in a 4-3 is a viable solution?

Anyway, we can't count solely on him for the pass rusher position, we'll have to get someone from FA (and possibly later in the Draft although Dave last year said the 2016 pass rushing position in the draft was thin).

Draft either Jaylon smith or V. Hargreaves in rd 1 and with FA acquisitions, this defense should be respectable for at least 16 reg. season games.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:I think Mario is past his prime. We may get a Aaron Kampman result
AK was playing pretty well until he had another knee injury.

Granted... he wasn't going to be some superstar, but he was a solid stop-gap.

In an article written in October....

this guy had us picking 1st

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4657554...ide/363356

Telvin is an obvious lock.  Barring some kind of unforeseen setback, Marks and Fowler will be playing.  Roy Miller is a beast against the run.  Odrick is a solid rotational player we just brought in.  Colvin and House seem to have done enough to warrant being here next year.

I think everyone else could potentially be goners depending on who we sign in the offseason and who we draft.

Forget signing a DE, I hope we sign 3 of them.  You can never have enough pass rushers.  Never.  Just keep signing them.  Fowler is the only lock to be here next year at DE.  We could have 4 new guys at the position.  Clemons is toast.  Branch should be toast.  If Davis or Smith had shown anything they would be playing a lot more.

Fowler is synonymous to charisma. That can't be taught. Nobody does lip service better or oozes more confidence and likeability.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:He is 6th in tackles with a broke hand. Telvin is 5th in tackles.

Everybody is upgradeable but if Telvin ranks one spot higher then Telvin is upgradeable in that sense.

I think we are fine at MLB for 2 more years.

We need a CB, a Center, and FS.

Fowler and Marks will be coming back, but I wouldn't mind another LEO in FA.

Your list didn't include DT, but if there is a penetrating, disrupting DT at our draft spot who is rated higher than the available DEs and DBs, then I would take him.   The reason Marks is so valuable is because he can penetrate and disrupt.   That's just as important as DE or Leo.   I think drafting in the first round is all about taking the best available player if possible.  Plus, Marks has now had 2 injuries serious enough to put him on the shelf, and I am starting to wonder if he's on that slippery slope downward where he starts picking up these injuries with some regularity.  

Quote:And Poz.

Don't give up on Cyp just yet..

I've already given up on Cyp.

That said, you guys are overlooking Sen'Derrick who should be gold next year, and I still like both Colvin and House although neither is covering someone like Hopkins.

Poz still has another year in his tank. If someone falls into our laps to replace him then go for it to keep the roster young, but otherwise it's not like we have a dire need to replace him. I also like Odrick who might be much better playing next to better talent on the DL.

'02

Quote:He is 6th in tackles with a broke hand. Telvin is 5th in tackles.

Everybody is upgradeable but if Telvin ranks one spot higher then Telvin is upgradeable in that sense.

I think we are fine at MLB for 2 more years.

We need a CB, a Center, and FS.

Fowler and Marks will be coming back, but I wouldn't mind another LEO in FA.

I'm rather see them replace Joekel than Wiz.

Don't worry about the bad snaps from Wiz. I suspect Caldwell is using him to tank games for a better pick. Ninja<strong>
</strong>

'02

Quote:Nice to see Dante Fowler on the field, thanks for the article (as always good job by Ryan O')

One question since I rarely saw Fowler playing in college: is he a pure DE or can he play our OTTO position as well?

I mean, if we manage to get a couple of good pass rushers in FA, is adding them with Fowler going to OTTO a possibility?

Having Telvin Smith-Jaylon Smith (if we draft him as MLB) and Fowler in a 4-3 is a viable solution?

Anyway, we can't count solely on him for the pass rusher position, we'll have to get someone from FA (and possibly later in the Draft although Dave last year said the 2016 pass rushing position in the draft was thin).

Fowler might be an option at OTTO in a clinch, but I'd rather see them draft Jaylon Smith for the OTTO spot with Fowler taking over at LEO.

'02

Quote:Fowler is synonymous to charisma. That can't be taught. Nobody does lip service better or oozes more confidence and likeability.
Unfortunately, that's a whole lot of jargon that means nothing when it comes to being a good football player. Kind of like our head coach that has all of those same traits, yet is a very poor head coach. 

Quote:Your list didn't include DT, but if there is a penetrating, disrupting DT at our draft spot who is rated higher than the available DEs and DBs, then I would take him.   The reason Marks is so valuable is because he can penetrate and disrupt.   That's just as important as DE or Leo.   I think drafting in the first round is all about taking the best available player if possible.  Plus, Marks has now had 2 injuries serious enough to put him on the shelf, and I am starting to wonder if he's on that slippery slope downward where he starts picking up these injuries with some regularity.  
I agree with this completely, though I wouldn't just limit it to a penetrating DT.  We need a dominator inside, whether a penetrator or a space eater. 

Besides, I think Bennett can develop into that penetrator.  I saw some things out of him later this year that were encouraging.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Fowler might be an option at OTTO in a clinch, but I'd rather see them draft Jaylon Smith for the OTTO spot with Fowler taking over at LEO.
I agree with this completely, too.

Jaylon and Telvin Smith at OLBs for us would be amazing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I agree with this completely, though I wouldn't just limit it to a penetrating DT.  We need a dominator inside, whether a penetrator or a space eater. 

Besides, I think Bennett can develop into that penetrator.  I saw some things out of him later this year that were encouraging.

I expect Bennett to supplant Alualu sooner rather than later.

Quote:I expect Bennett to supplant Alualu sooner rather than later.

Considering Bennett has been absolutely non existent on the field I wouldn't be so sure about that. As much flack as Alualu gets he's been pretty solid playing multiple positions.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm not sold on Fowler cause he is from FL and we don't have much success from that college. I'll wait to see how he does. Maybe he won't be like Clowney. I think we need to draft an O-lineman, D-lineman, FB/RB, Coverage LB, TE, CB/SS. They need to play Bennett a little more on the D cause he is a solid guy. Poz is good but he is just to slow to be trying to cover a TE from the MLB position. It is stupid for coach not to see that. By all means sign a different back-up QB or get Tebow.    

Quote:I'm not sold on Fowler cause he is from FL and we don't have much success from that college. I'll wait to see how he does. Maybe he won't be like Clowney. I think we need to draft an O-lineman, D-lineman, FB/RB, Coverage LB, TE, CB/SS. They need to play Bennett a little more on the D cause he is a solid guy. Poz is good but he is just to slow to be trying to cover a TE from the MLB position. It is stupid for coach not to see that. By all means sign a different back-up QB or get Tebow.

Except our best RB of all time came from UF...

Quote:In an article written in October....

this guy had us picking 1st

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4657554...ide/363356
Well to be honest we are a facemask away from a 4-12 finish and even at 5-11 we are picking #3, so he was pretty close.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 11:03 PM by wg171.)

Quote:Fowler might be an option at OTTO in a clinch, but I'd rather see them draft Jaylon Smith for the OTTO spot with Fowler taking over at LEO.

Agreed

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 11:03 PM by wg171.)

Quote:I agree with this completely, too.

Jaylon and Telvin Smith at OLBs for us would be amazing.
Agreed