Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BBs TDs stats.

Quote:I love the nonsensical excuses for his achievements.

When our offense was anemic, our team was labeled as unable to make halftime adjustments.

Now that the offense is potent, successful half time adjustments are labeled "garbage time."

lol
Garbage time is garbage time, regardless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:yeah.. and IF i found a bag of hundreds, imagine how great that would be for me.

Imagine how much your odds would increase if you worked at it everyday.

Quote:Imagine how much your odds would increase if you worked at it everyday.
exactly

It's hard not to play in garbage time when your team is down 24 nothing in the 1st Qtr

Quote:His league leading 12 fumbles are definitely a cause for concern. Only four have been lost, but the others have ended drives in punts and good field position for the other team.

He is also second in the league with 16 picks thrown.

He has a combined 28 fumbles and interceptions this year. 

So, while his future is promising, he has a lot to clean up this offseason if we are going to be a serious playoff contender.

The twelve fumbles are misleading. He's not like mariota and getting the ball constantly swatted out of his grasp. They're counting bad snaps and handoffs that Nard-dogg never took as fumbles, which is why Bortles has six "fumbles" in his last three games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's hard not to play in garbage time when your team is down 24 nothing in the 1st Qtr

When did that happen?

Quote:The two fumbles I mentioned weren't on him, but they weren't on our D either which flies in the face of a narrative that's often pushed around here. I get that this franchise has been QB starved and that Bortles is on a trajectory to be our best QB ever, but let's try to remain objective on his play this year. It's not just about the INT number. It's the situations surrounding those INTs. He leads the league with INTs inside his own 40 with 10 and three of those resulted in Pick 6's. He also threw 2 INTs on the opponents goal line this year which is like taking points off the board for us. His INTs were usually really bad this year. Pointing that out doesn't mean you hate Bortles or are wishing for another QB. He did really well keeping us in games that we would have been blown out of in years past. However, if that part of his game doesn't improve next year and beyond, then we can expect to continue seeing inconsistency from this team even if the defense gets better. The argument that we're a decent defense away from the playoffs is a little oversimplified. Maybe we were this year, but the division was garbage this year and it's likely to be rare for a similar scenario to play out like this again.

Logical, sensible, well thought-out, good post; you know better than doing that around here, lol!

Btw: I completely agree