Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BBs TDs stats.

Quote:Interesting statistic bortles is 0-3 when he has 4tds in a game. That pretty much sums up our defense.

I'm guessing that includes the game where he threw five.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm guessing that includes the game where he threw five.

Why guess? You can look at the game logs on NFL.com and it shows that he's thrown 4 TDs 2 times and 5 TDs once, all three games were losses.

Quote:He regressed to BBINT this week

He threw 2 INTs, but the first should have been called pass interference against the Saints. A-Rob was mugged on that play. I was screaming at the TV, furious at the refs for missing that.

Quote:He regressed to BBINT this week

You didn't watch the game.

Thats me being realistic, John.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 01:43 AM by realisticjohn.)

Well, threw  two picks... we lost..... I guess its not good.

I measure success in wins... not TD's or gunslingery.

Ive watched the game several times.

Bad decisions... again.

for me... for now... BBINT.. until we at LEAST get above .500

You're free to think differently.

Quote:Interesting statistic bortles is 0-3 when he has 4tds in a game. That pretty much sums up our defense.

The other two 4+ TD games he had (Bucs & Titans) were lost in part by the D, but we also allowed the opposing D's to score with the strip of Grant that resulted in a TD by the Bucs and the high snap TD we handed the Titans. We lost those games by 7 and 3 respectively.

When you spot the other team a TD, you aren't likely going to win the game. Blake also threw an INT on our 41 yard line against the Bucs that led to a touchdown. I'm not hanging all 7 of those points on Blake, but he essentially put them just outside of field goal range. It was going to be really tough for most defenses in the league to prevent them from getting at least a field goal. The narrative that the losses this year are 100% the defense's fault are not only tired, they're wrong.

I expect Blake to improve decision making next year and I'm fine with where he's at this year overall, but he doesn't get a pass for his contribution to the loss column this year. Part of it is on him. We seem to have a significant portion of the fan base becoming enamored with his season stat line. A stat line can't tell the whole story by itself.

Quote:Why guess? You can look at the game logs on NFL.com and it shows that he's thrown 4 TDs 2 times and 5 TDs once, all three games were losses.

Because I'd rather guess.

So if it's easy to throw garbage time td's. Why isn't there mediocre qbs doing it every year on bad teams? Can anyone name any mediocre qb on a bad team to throw 30?

Quote:So if it's easy to throw garbage time td's. Why isn't there mediocre qbs doing it every year on bad teams? Can anyone name any mediocre qb on a bad team to throw 30?

It's a ridiculously insulting notion, that Bortles production is all about the other team not trying to stop him. 35 TDs don't get thrown because the other team just "let's" the QB throw that many TDs.

Gabbert had so much garbage time I'm surprised he didn't throw 60 td's...

Quote:It's a ridiculously insulting notion, that Bortles production is all about the other team not trying to stop him. 35 TDs don't get thrown because the other team just "let's" the QB throw that many TDs.
Bortles certainly can improve in a lot of areas but the amount of hate he receives is crazy. Its crazy to think if he goes off against Houston he will finish with close to 40 TDs (not counting rushing) and over 4,500 yards (also not counting rushing)

If the pats bench brady, he can lead the league !!!

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:The other two 4+ TD games he had (Bucs & Titans) were lost in part by the D, but we also allowed the opposing D's to score with the strip of Grant that resulted in a TD by the Bucs and the high snap TD we handed the Titans. We lost those games by 7 and 3 respectively.

When you spot the other team a TD, you aren't likely going to win the game. Blake also threw an INT on our 41 yard line against the Bucs that led to a touchdown. I'm not hanging all 7 of those points on Blake, but he essentially put them just outside of field goal range. It was going to be really tough for most defenses in the league to prevent them from getting at least a field goal. The narrative that the losses this year are 100% the defense's fault are not only tired, they're wrong.

I expect Blake to improve decision making next year and I'm fine with where he's at this year overall, but he doesn't get a pass for his contribution to the loss column this year. Part of it is on him. We seem to have a significant portion of the fan base becoming enamored with his season stat line. A stat line can't tell the whole story by itself.

It can and it can't.  The stat line also includes his 16 picks.  That's too high.  by comparison.  Brady has thrown for 36 tds and 7 picks, rodgers has thrown 30 tds and 7 picks.  

Blake throws too many picks.  He has to get better at that and it cost us a couple wins this year. At the same time he makes a crap load of plays and that has put us in a lot of games as well.  

Quote:It can and it can't.  The stat line also includes his 16 picks.  That's too high.  by comparison.  Brady has thrown for 36 tds and 7 picks, rodgers has thrown 30 tds and 7 picks.  

Blake throws too many picks.  He has to get better at that and it cost us a couple wins this year. At the same time he makes a crap load of plays and that has put us in a lot of games as well.

The two fumbles I mentioned weren't on him, but they weren't on our D either which flies in the face of a narrative that's often pushed around here. I get that this franchise has been QB starved and that Bortles is on a trajectory to be our best QB ever, but let's try to remain objective on his play this year. It's not just about the INT number. It's the situations surrounding those INTs. He leads the league with INTs inside his own 40 with 10 and three of those resulted in Pick 6's. He also threw 2 INTs on the opponents goal line this year which is like taking points off the board for us. His INTs were usually really bad this year. Pointing that out doesn't mean you hate Bortles or are wishing for another QB. He did really well keeping us in games that we would have been blown out of in years past. However, if that part of his game doesn't improve next year and beyond, then we can expect to continue seeing inconsistency from this team even if the defense gets better. The argument that we're a decent defense away from the playoffs is a little oversimplified. Maybe we were this year, but the division was garbage this year and it's likely to be rare for a similar scenario to play out like this again.

His league leading 12 fumbles are definitely a cause for concern. Only four have been lost, but the others have ended drives in punts and good field position for the other team.

He is also second in the league with 16 picks thrown.

He has a combined 28 fumbles and interceptions this year. 

So, while his future is promising, he has a lot to clean up this offseason if we are going to be a serious playoff contender.

Quote:You didn't watch the game.

Thats me being realistic, John.

Quote:Well, threw  two picks... we lost..... I guess its not good.

You can just say, "You are right HIGH SCORE, I didn't watch the game."

Quote:His league leading 12 fumbles are definitely a cause for concern. Only four have been lost, but the others have ended drives in punts and good field position for the other team.

He is also second in the league with 16 picks thrown.

He has a combined 28 fumbles and interceptions this year.

So, while his future is promising, he has a lot to clean up this offseason if we are going to be a serious playoff contender.
absolutely but man if he can clean that up imagine how good he'll be.

Quote:If the pats bench brady, he can lead the league !!!

Bortles can lead the league even if Brady plays.

Quote:The only garbage around here is this quote. How many games this season have actually contained 'garbage time' at all, let alone touchdowns in it?

I love the nonsensical excuses for his achievements.

When our offense was anemic, our team was labeled as unable to make halftime adjustments.

Now that the offense is potent, successful half time adjustments are labeled "garbage time."

lol

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 11:32 PM by realisticjohn.)

Quote:absolutely but man if he can clean that up imagine how good he'll be.
yeah.. and IF i found a bag of hundreds, imagine how great that would be for me.