Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Want Gus?

Seriously. You're at home, after putting up 51 points, against a struggling team. And what do the Jags do? Play flat and uninspired, make dumb mental mistakes, etc

With the level of talent on this offense it still infuriates me that this team has the record it has. With games coming against the Saints and Texans chances are this team finishes 5-11. That's progress?! Yeah right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No, and I never did.

I think you'll find more resignation to another season of Gus than excitement about another season of Gus around here.

No, but unfortunately it sounds like he'll be here next season...I guess he'll be gone after we go 6-10 next season. 

I said Gus would rip the heart out of this franchise when it really mattered. He just did.

No and I didn't want him previously.

He's simply not good enough.  Move on.

Quote:Seriously. You're at home, after putting up 51 points, against a struggling team. And what do the Jags do? Play flat and uninspired, make dumb mental mistakes, etc

With the level of talent on this offense it still infuriates me that this team has the record it has. With games coming against the Saints and Texans chances are this team finishes 5-11. That's progress?! Yeah right.

5 wins is 1 and 2 more than the last 2 seasons so yea, it's progress skippy.

Quote:5 wins is 1 and 2 more than the last 2 seasons so yea, it's progress skippy.

So by what, 2017-18 we might break .500?

The Jaguars are on the verge of having their most exciting offense ever so I'd like to keep this going. I'm hoping Gus wins one of his last two games because that would clinch another season for him. Lose out three straight and I'd hate to see this team suffer the fan backlash. I just don't know if Gus would truly be safe should that happen, but they need to keep this going IMO.

'02

DC your up... Gotta it together the greatest off season in NFL history so your roster is head coaching proof.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Hell no! What a joke...
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:The Jaguars are on the verge of having their most exciting offense ever so I'd like to keep this going. I'm hoping Gus wins one of his last two games because that would clinch another season for him. Lose out three straight and I'd hate to see this team suffer the fan backlash. I just don't know if Gus would truly be safe should that happen, but they need to keep this going IMO.

I used to be one of those people that never wanted his team to lose for any reason. Well now I'm rooting they do. For the long term health and viability of this team.

I don't know what the problem is...I'm not 100% sure it's Gus, tbh.  I know the coach gets tons of the blame, but something is clearly working, with our offense being the way it is.

Right now, I feel disappointed and am bordering on complete apathy.  When do we [BLEEP] get to be good?

I kinda dont, but do. The players like him. I mean, they play hard... But the team just hasn't won hardly any big games, or meaningful/high stake games. At the very least, the DC has to go.

Quote:The Jaguars are on the verge of having their most exciting offense ever so I'd like to keep this going. I'm hoping Gus wins one of his last two games because that would clinch another season for him. Lose out three straight and I'd hate to see this team suffer the fan backlash. I just don't know if Gus would truly be safe should that happen, but they need to keep this going IMO.
Gus has nothing to do with the offense.

Quote:Gus has nothing to do with the offense.

You really can't reliably say that.

A new HC would disrupt everything.

Fire Babich, but keep the excitement alive.

'02

Exactly. It's not like Gus is coaching the heck out of a scrappy roster to 5 wins like Coughlin in 2001/2002. Any coach could lead the talent on this offense to its current level. What they need is someone who isn't satisfied with "good effort" and ice cream socials and going to demand more from this team.

Quote:A new HC would disrupt everything.

Fire Babich, but keep the excitement alive.

What excitement?  

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 05:35 PM by Sosa.)

I want Josh Norman, Von Miller, and Eric Berry with 7 defensive players from the draft. Preferably Vernon Hargreaves in the first, because we need a way better secondary. The pass rush will improve when Fowler, Marks, and FA's come to town.

I want Babich fired and Gus to take over the defense. He should've been in charge of it from the beginning, CAUSE ITS HIS SCHEME!