Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Want Gus?

Quote:Lol, doubt it.

Drop the whiskey bottle, he's not going anywhere.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seriously. You're at home, after putting up 51 points, against a struggling team. And what do the Jags do? Play flat and uninspired, make dumb mental mistakes, etc

With the level of talent on this offense it still infuriates me that this team has the record it has. With games coming against the Saints and Texans chances are this team finishes 5-11. That's progress?! Yeah right.

Remember, According to the NFL.com that Ravens game should've been a lost, thus Gus has only 4 wins this year & not 5.

Quote:Drop the whiskey bottle, he's not going anywhere.

Drop the crystal ball, sir.

Or madam?

I mean if you talk about firing DC Babich or HC Gus Bradley because the defense can't stop the pass for three years straight or having the worst 3rd down conv on D?

Then you have to address the fact that they havent really gotten him talent in DB via the draft, (Being Babich as Gus couldve done that).

I want gus as much as a genital wart

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We're stuck with him for a couple of years but I don't like it. We're still in that infancy stage where we gotta be careful with our franchise QB.

But as soon as Bortles has developed enough, lets part ways with Gus. I'm almost sure we're a 7-win team at best next year too

Quote:We're stuck with him for a couple of years but I don't like it. We're still in that infancy stage where we gotta be careful with our franchise QB.

But as soon as Bortles has developed enough, lets part ways with Gus. I'm almost sure we're a 7-win team at best next year too

I don't understand what Gus has to do with Bortles?  Gus and Olson have different contracts.  Caldwell and/or the new HC can keep Olson if they want.  Do people really think Bortles is developing because of Bradley?  I think not.

Quote:I don't understand what Gus has to do with Bortles?  Gus and Olson have different contracts.  Caldwell and/or the new HC can keep Olson if they want.  Do people really think Bortles is developing because of Bradley?  I think not.

As long as you keep Olsen/Marrone/Hackett/Sullivan in tact I don't think Bortles development will be impaired at all. Caldwell could easily communicate to candidates the importance of keeping the offensive staff together while retooling the defensive staff. Bradley and/or Babich must go.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:No, and I never did.
Bingo

No Fun

Quote:As long as you keep Olsen/Marrone/Hackett/Sullivan in tact I don't think Bortles development will be impaired at all. Caldwell could easily communicate to candidates the importance of keeping the offensive staff together while retooling the defensive staff. Bradley and/or Babich must go.

^Exactly...too many people here want to make things into a either/or argument when it can be both/and.

As in, we can fire Bradley and keep Olson.  They're not a package deal.

Quote:I mean if you talk about firing DC Babich or HC Gus Bradley because the defense can't stop the pass for three years straight or having the worst 3rd down conv on D?

Then you have to address the fact that they havent really gotten him talent in DB via the draft, (Being Babich as Gus couldve done that).

Erm, they've spent a 2nd, a 3rd, 2 4ths, a 6th and 2 7ths on DB in addition to a fairly big contract in FA to Davon House and a small one to Sergio Brown. They've invested significantly at DB. 

I'll give him one more season. Anything 8-8 or worse and he's gotta go.

We do need a new DC tho.
Shock the world

Quote:Erm, they've spent a 2nd, a 3rd, 2 4ths, a 6th and 2 7ths on DB in addition to a fairly big contract in FA to Davon House and a small one to Sergio Brown. They've invested significantly at DB. 
Over paying for average talent to which they claim they had to do to attract talent here doesnt equal bringing enough talent at DB.  They need and I suspect will draft a corner in the 1st round this year.. i would be extremely shocked if they didnt its too huge of a need!

We have Doug Marrone sitting on deck. The same Doug Marrone that took a ragtag Bills team with an incompetent meddling GM,  knucklehead owners, and E.J Manuel under center to 9 wins and Rex Ryan has proved since what an accomplishment that was. Imagine what he could do with the talent we have in comparison? So, obviously, the answer is obviously "No. Absolutely Not."

Gus Bradley is a nice guy who will always orchestrate "Almost Wins" and "Just Around The Bend" Seasons.

Quote:We have Doug Marrone sitting on deck. The same Doug Marrone that took a ragtag Bills team with an incompetent meddling GM,  knucklehead owners, and E.J Manuel under center to 9 wins and Rex Ryan has proved since what an accomplishment that was. Imagine what he could do with the talent we have in comparison? So, obviously, the answer is obviously "No. Absolutely Not."

Gus Bradley is a nice guy who will always orchestrate "Almost Wins" and "Just Around The Bend" Seasons.

While I'm not calling for Gus Bradley's job,  if the Jaguars elected to go in another direction,  it wouldn't be shocking if Doug Marrone was promoted to HC and Marrone attempted to bring Jim Schwartz to Jax as Defensive Coordinator.   With the plan of leaving the foundation of Offensive Coaches in place.   For whatever reason (s ), Schwartz got better results with the Bills Defense in 2014 than Rex Ryan did in 2015.

Quote:We have Doug Marrone sitting on deck. The same Doug Marrone that took a ragtag Bills team with an incompetent meddling GM,  knucklehead owners, and E.J Manuel under center to 9 wins and Rex Ryan has proved since what an accomplishment that was. Imagine what he could do with the talent we have in comparison? So, obviously, the answer is obviously "No. Absolutely Not."

Have we really circled back to Marrone?!

Gus is going to get another year here. I wish we'd fire him and go after Hue Jackson, but Caldwell and Khan won't do it. They've given no indication this season that they're unhappy with Bradley, nor has Bradley been given the "vote of confidence" mark for death.

Quote:I'll give him one more season. Anything 8-8 or worse and he's gotta go.

We do need a new DC tho.
I think he should go if we go 8-8.

This is a 10+ win team with Fowler, Marks, FA pass rushers, Draft picks, and this offense.

Quote:    While I'm not calling for Gus Bradley's job,  if the Jaguars elected to go in another direction,  it wouldn't be shocking if Doug Marrone was promoted to HC and Marrone attempted to bring Jim Schwartz to Jax as Defensive Coordinator.   With the plan of leaving the foundation of Offensive Coaches in place.   For whatever reason (s ), Schwartz got better results with the Bills Defense in 2014 than Rex Ryan did in 2015.

Boy I really don't like Marrone as HC, but the idea of keeping the offensive staff together and having Schwartz to run the defense would be tempting. 

Quote:A new HC would disrupt everything.

Fire Babich, but keep the excitement alive.
Not necessarily.

If we promoted Marrone from within, there is a good chance of offensive continuity.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Remember, According to the NFL.com that Ravens game should've been a lost, thus Gus has only 4 wins this year & not 5.

Gus had 4 wins in his very first season as the Jags HC and with a much much worse roster then this current one. I have to say now that he probably over achieved in that first year, although 2 of those wins were against a texans team that had imploded and finished 2-14, but he still beat them with a pretty bad roster.

Now fast forward to this current season: After 14 games, Gus' Jags are going to have a QB throw for 31 TDs 14 INTs and 3800 yds (and is one of the best in the NFL at passes completed over 20yds downfield), one WR who has 1100+ yds and 13 TDs, one WR who has 907 yds and 8 TDs and you will have faced 2 rookie QBs (in 3 games), a 40 yr old QB, a team that has lost 10 straight at home, a couple of teams on long losing streaks (5,6,7,8 games in a row) and several teams who are missing key starters, including their #1 QB and #1 WRs and the Jags will be leading the division in points scored.

How in the heck can you only have 1 more win (which according to the NFL you should not have) then you did in your very first season as HC with 2 guys named Gabbert and Henne and a WR named CS111 starting for your Jags?????

How is this even possible????

Still want Gus???????

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.