Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Want Gus?

Quote:^Exactly...too many people here want to make things into a either/or argument when it can be both/and.

As in, we can fire Bradley and keep Olson.  They're not a package deal.

You don't know that. Most often, a new HC wants his own guys.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How in the heck can you only have 1 more win (which according to the NFL you should not have) then you did in your very first season as HC with 2 guys named Gabbert and Henne and a WR named CS111 starting for your Jags?????

There's a considerable difference in winning four games while getting blown out in virtually every other games, and winning five games where only one was a blowout loss, and five of the losses where exciting games oh so close to being wins.

'02

Quote:You don't know that. Most often, a new HC wants his own guys.
Exactly. If we want a good HC candidate, he will want to choose his own staff.
No commercial messages in sigs

I had a dream last night. Coach Cower seems to be pretty enamored with this team and Shad is going to coax him out of retirement....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:I had a dream last night. Coach Cower seems to be pretty enamored with this team and Shad is going to coax him out of retirement....

And then you came back to reality.

Quote:I had a dream last night. Coach Cower seems to be pretty enamored with this team and Shad is going to coax him out of retirement....

Sounds like a nightmare. 

I am willing to hang in there for another season.   Yes, it is frustrating to be this close to winning enough games to make the playoffs, but I see a lot of progress out there, and obvious deficiencies that can be corrected in the draft and free agency.   So I am willing to be patient.  

The defense gave up 20 points and generated a takeaway in positive territory that lead to an offensive touchdown.  That's winning football.  Mind you, they did all this without a dominant edge rusher, without a free safety and a QB playing nickel back.  They were also playing the most dominant receiver in the game and a veteran QB with an emerging running back.  I can live with that.   

As is often the case, turnovers get you beat, red zone turnovers really get you beat and red zone turnovers that lead directly to points for the other team are almost impossible to overcome.  You can lament for a better HC all you want but Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck are pretty darn good.  Brady threw a couple picks in the red zone against the Eagles and they lost for crying out loud.  

One of two things is going to happen.  

1.) Blake will cut down his turnovers while preserving his play making ability.  

or 

2.) He'll continue to generate 20-25 TO's a year and while his stats will look wonderful we will rarely break 8-8 as a team.  

He's had a great season, he's definitely our guy but as Stephen A. Smith puts it, "Whatever can go wrong...  Will go wrong."  for a second year QB that's expected, its also hard to overcome as a football team.  

Quote:Gus has nothing to do with the offense.

I see, so he can be blamed for only the problems with players who aren't good enough that he was given to coach.

Solid logic.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:You don't know that. Most often, a new HC wants his own guys.

Your same argument works against you.

Quote:Remember, According to the NFL.com that Ravens game should've been a lost, thus Gus has only 4 wins this year & not 5.

Remember, they only corrected one bad call to make that determination.  Let me know who "won" after the NFL front office corrects EVERY bad call in that game. 

Lose is on a young team and 3 fumbles.  Gus was okay today and I can't really hang it on him.  We need more defensive talent.  I don't like the defensive game plan and I'm neutral on the offensive game plan.

I'm not sure he can be the guy at head coach but I'm sure they are giving him another year.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Is gus gone in 2 weeks?

I think shad has already decided yes.

Quote:Is gus gone in 2 weeks?

I don't know how anyone could say they've seen enough out of him in three seasons to know he's a quality head coach with a straight face, at least not if they know anything about what a head coach does.

His in game timeout management has improved, but his game planning and/or player preparation clearly hasn't. A coach as good as Belichick comes up with ways to make opposing teams win doing what they don't want to do, Bradley seems to have no idea how to game plan to take away a team's first option.

Quote:I don't know how anyone could say they've seen enough out of him in three seasons to know he's a quality head coach with a straight face, at least not if they know anything about what a head coach does.

His in game timeout management has improved, but his game planning and/or player preparation clearly hasn't. A coach as good as Belichick comes up with ways to make opposing teams win doing what they don't want to do, Bradley seems to have no idea how to game plan to take away a team's first option.

[Image: w4fpp.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why isn't Gus calling his own defense? Why can't a defensive minded coach find a way to generate more pass rush?

This also raises more questions. Did Dave and Gus expect Marks coming off a torn ACL AND a rookie DE to generate sufficient pass rush? Why wasn't this addressed in free agency? 

Quote:Why isn't Gus calling his own defense? Why can't a defensive minded coach find a way to generate more pass rush?

This also raises more questions. Did Dave and Gus expect Marks coming off a torn ACL AND a rookie DE to generate sufficient pass rush? Why wasn't this addressed in free agency? 

Probably the same reason they went into the season with Myers at kicker, Khan told them they're still playing with house money and not to worry about winning yet. Really horrific to imagine as a fan paying for tickets, but it seems the most logical explanation.

Quote:Probably the same reason they went into the season with Myers at kicker, Khan told them they're still playing with house money and not to worry about winning yet. Really horrific to imagine as a fan paying for tickets, but it seems the most logical explanation.

They thought the could get one more year out Clem, something from Branch and that Davis would be the situational guy. They signed Odrick and rolled some other guys through the DT spot including Ziggy who got hurt early. They had the bodies, they just didn't get the performance expected.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've never felt like Gus will lead us to the promise land

Quote:Is gus gone in 2 weeks?

Yeah right. Shad has shown no ability to understand intelligent football moves. He might be a genius in the business world but his lack of football IQ shows. He probably signs Gus to a 5 year extension.