Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Want Gus?

Quote:Gus had 4 wins in his very first season as the Jags HC and with a much much worse roster then this current one. I have to say now that he probably over achieved in that first year, although 2 of those wins were against a texans team that had imploded and finished 2-14, but he still beat them with a pretty bad roster.

Now fast forward to this current season: After 14 games, Gus' Jags are going to have a QB throw for 31 TDs 14 INTs and 3800 yds (and is one of the best in the NFL at passes completed over 20yds downfield), one WR who has 1100+ yds and 13 TDs, one WR who has 907 yds and 8 TDs and you will have faced 2 rookie QBs (in 3 games), a 40 yr old QB, a team that has lost 10 straight at home, a couple of teams on long losing streaks (5,6,7,8 games in a row) and several teams who are missing key starters, including their #1 QB and #1 WRs and the Jags will be leading the division in points scored.

How in the heck can you only have 1 more win (which according to the NFL you should not have) then you did in your very first season as HC with 2 guys named Gabbert and Henne and a WR named CS111 starting for your Jags?????

How is this even possible????

Still want Gus???????

Our two best pass rushers are out for the year. What's so difficult to grasp? We can't get off the field on third downs because we can't rush the passer. It's so friggin obvious. And it has nothing to do with Gus Bradley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll give Gus a pass for the pass rush due to injuries. But there is no excuse why a UDFA who is still making the transition from QB to CB should be covering freaking Roddy White when you have Demetrius Mccray on the bench

I don't care what the Rah-Rah talk is this wasn't going to be the make it or break it year.  I would be shocked if they let him go.  This team is still pretty raw and both lines are suspect.

Not making excuses but I just could see the internal discussions about years 4 and 5.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Deep down I don't think he's going anywhere either

A better Kicker would have gotten this team to the Playoffs. Gus isn't going anywhere.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:A better Kicker would have gotten this team to the Playoffs. Gus isn't going anywhere.

Do you really believe that a .500 record will win the South next year? Because I don't and that's about the best Bradley can accomplish.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He is NOT going anywhere next year. Deal with it. Maybe a piss poor season in 2016 can open up the discussion, but for now, its just pissing in the wind. Moot points should be mute.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Do you really believe that a .500 record will win the South next year? Because I don't and that's about the best Bradley can accomplish.

That's the disturbing part, the Jaguars had all of the breaks go in their favor. Luck was out both times they played the colts and the division is reeling, the bucs, falcons, and saints were/are all games that a playoff quality team should win, but the Jaguars continually lose them. The Jaguars ability to come up small in big situations this season is pretty crazy, and they likely won't get the same breaks next year they got this year. I could see the roster improving significantly, sending multiple players to the pro bowl, and the Jaguars still missing the playoffs with 6 or 7 wins next year thinks to the inability of the coaching staff to come up with winning game plans against teams that aren't quitting on their head coach or playing with their backup QB.

Quote:He is NOT going anywhere next year. Deal with it. Maybe a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor season in 2016 can open up the discussion, but for now, its just [BAD WORD REMOVED] in the wind. Moot points should be mute.

We are dealing with it. Loudly, vocally, continually. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Do you really believe that a .500 record will win the South next year? Because I don't and that's about the best Bradley can accomplish.

8-8?

Maybe if Caldwell gives him 22 Pro Bowlers.

Maybe.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:8-8?

Maybe if Caldwell gives him 22 Pro Bowlers.

Maybe.

We'd have 8 wins this year already with a healthy fowler or marks in the lineup. We've had the same problem all year. It's really not that difficult to diagnose.

Quote:We'd have 8 wins this year already with a healthy fowler or marks in the lineup. We've had the same problem all year. It's really not that difficult to diagnose.

I guess those 31 other coaches haven't had to deal with injuries?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I guess those 31 other coaches haven't had to deal with injuries?

31 other coaches didn't have their roster gutted. Anyways, 31 other coaches didn't win yesterday.

Quote:31 other coaches didn't have their roster gutted. Anyways, 31 other coaches didn't win yesterday.

Rosters been rebuilt - it isn't gutted.

That excuse would've been valid couple years ago, though.

Always great to see the same "fans" here after every loss, saying the same nonsensical things. 

Quote:31 other coaches didn't have their roster gutted. Anyways, 31 other coaches didn't win yesterday.

However, 15 other coaches did win yesterday as well as 14 other coaches losing.

That being said, coaches don't win or lose games, players do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:We had a light SoS in what has been a pretty weak division with a rookie qb and two teams with backups, and we're still out of the division race lol. 
I keep thinking this...how is this even possible?  We should be at the top of the AFC South right now.  Absolutely pathetic.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Our two best pass rushers are out for the year. What's so difficult to grasp? We can't get off the field on third downs because we can't rush the passer. It's so friggin obvious. And it has nothing to do with Gus Bradley.

Next Jag up.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We have to switch to Gelato instead of IceCream after the game (as far as Gus breaking changes for next season)!