Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oddsmakers View Panthers as Vulnerable to Giants

Oddsmakers View Panthers as Vulnerable to Giants

<p class="">The Panthers are 13-0 and closing in on the fifth perfect regular season in N.F.L. history, while quarterback Cam Newton makes a strong case for the Most Valuable Player Award.

The Giants are 6-7, have shown a habit of throwing games away late, and are alive in the playoff chase only because they are lucky enough to play in the pitiful N.F.C. East.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/17/sports....html?_r=0

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Those two facts make it obvious the Panthers are not vulnerable to the Giants.

This feels like they're trying to drum up a line since it would follow reason for Josh Norman to try and clamp down on OBJ and let the rest of the NYG Offense do what it do.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'm up in NY for the game. The Giants fans I've talked to really believe they're the favorites in this game because their media has been telling them all week that they are "Giant killers". It's pretty amusing.

I mean....no doubt they could win the game. But with the worst D in the league and no running game I like the Panthers chances.

This is a very different Giants team to the Patriot killers. I don't see it happening.

Can someone please show me what the Panthers can't do against the Giants? How about something the Giants can do that no other team on Carolina's schedule could?

I'll give the Giants home field advantage, the fact that they're fighting for a playoff spot, historically been able to beat tough opponents late in the season, and have a top 3 (IMO) WR in the game.

Still....its going to take an implosion by the Panthers to lose this one.

In our worst game of the season we shredded the Saints D for 41 points. The Giants D is worse.

Anything can happen, but......

What worries me about the Giants is their problems with clock management at the end. Two or three times this season, they were on the brink of winning and lost because the opponent had enough time to kick a GW FG.

I have a feeling Carolina is one and done in the playoffs.

Quote:I have a feeling Carolina is one and done in the playoffs.

Why Stroud? If the playoffs were tomorrow, the Vikings and Packers would be playing for a trip to Charlotte. The Packers did not just lose there, but fell behind by 23 points.

I hope Carolina loses a game before the playoffs start.

Quote:I have a feeling Carolina is one and done in the playoffs.

You must not have watched very many of their games

Quote:You must not have watched very many of their games

LOL I watched part of the Green Bay game and all of the Colts game. Usually I am stuck with the Buccaneers here.

Quote:You must not have watched very many of their games

I have. Just a feeling.

Quote:I have. Just a feeling.

Where did you get the feeling from? Anyone who watches the games knows Carolina can go all the way.

I think Eli throws two picks and the Panthers cruise through NYC Jersey virtually unscathed. (Ted Ginn Jr. drops an easy TD)

Quote:Where did you get the feeling from? Anyone who watches the games knows Carolina can go all the way.

My feeling stems from the fact Newton has won as many playoff games as David Garrard and will not be able to perform under the pressure of playoff football.

Once again, just a feeling.

I think Panthers match up great against the Giant. Norman will get the better of ODB

Quote:I think Panthers match up great against the Giant. Norman will get the better of OBJ.

Fixed that for you.

The most important matchup in this game is definitely Norman/Beckham - a top five CB vs. a top five WR.

Quote:My feeling stems from the fact Newton has won as many playoff games as David Garrard and will not be able to perform under the pressure of playoff football.

Once again, just a feeling.

#GoodCall

Quote:. (Ted Ginn Jr. drops an easy TD)

If it's only one then we are in good shape.