Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michigan vs Florida

Any thoughts on the season opener?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Something is telling me that FSU will beat Alabama.  That's probably my inner homerism but what the heck, right?

Should make for an epic weekend in Atlanta's new stadium.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Gators 64

michigan 0

Trash team, go gators

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Gators 64

michigan 0

Trash team, go gators

nah

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2017, 12:02 PM by Geen.)

Quote:nah
:teehee: :teehee: Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

In all seriousness, I can't wait.

It's going to be bad [BLEEP], especially for us Gator fans, because we don't typically participate in games like this.

I'm stoked! Hopefully we can get our QB situation situated, but yeah, should be a good game.

(06-02-2017, 03:38 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Any thoughts on the season opener?
Going to be interesting. Michigan lost a lot of talent, but Harbaugh has stockpiled a bunch. You just never know though what the next guy up is going to do until he is thrown into the fire.

Florida is going to be very good again on defense and I think the offense will be the best yet, but being the first game I dont think we will see the same offense then as we will come mid-season. 
(06-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Jaguar33 Wrote: Something is telling me that FSU will beat Alabama.  That's probably my inner homerism but what the heck, right?

It said Michigan-Florida...
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Looks like them Gator boys are starting to come together in Gainesville. Could be trouble for Big Blue.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 07:06 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

(06-03-2017, 12:01 PM)Geen Wrote:
Quote:nah
:teehee: :teehee: Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

It's going to be bad [BAD WORD REMOVED], especially for us Gator fans, because we don't typically participate in games like this.

I'm stoked! Hopefully we can get our QB situation situated, but yeah, should be a good game.

Will the ND transfer be starting most likely?

(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 12:01 PM)Geen Wrote: :teehee: :teehee: Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

It's going to be bad [BAD WORD REMOVED], especially for us Gator fans, because we don't typically participate in games like this.

Will the ND transfer be starting most likely?

Most are penciling him in as he is. I would not be so sure about that. My guess is he starts the first game or two but eventually one of the young guys take the reins.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(06-02-2017, 08:40 PM)Geen Wrote: Gators 64

michigan 0

Trash team, go gators

Why do you skip so many lines in your posts

Gators 35

Michigan 24

Good game, go gators
Huh

(06-05-2017, 08:34 AM)David4499 Wrote: Looks like them Gator boys are starting to come together in Gainesville. Could be trouble for Big Blue.

Florida lost players to graduation and the draft too, you know. We also don't know who our starting QB will be yet. The one good thing is we won't have a lot of injured players, since it is the season opener.

(06-06-2017, 09:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 08:40 PM)Geen Wrote: Gators 64

michigan 0

Trash team, go gators

Why do you skip so many lines in your posts

I'm assuming its because this came from the old board??

I'm not sure what the deal is.

(06-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Jaguar33 Wrote: Something is telling me that FSU will beat Alabama.  That's probably my inner homerism but what the heck, right?

If the FSU DL is solid, they have a decent shot.  Bama showed last year that they can be beaten if you stop the run (including J. Hurts scrambles) and make him beat you with his arm

Based on past game experience and overall team ability, Michigan wins. Until Florida can prove they have an offense that can consistently score, there's no way they can win these types of games.

I'm still not sold on Deandre Francois.  He may have reached his max potential considering he had all of the coaching and instructional advantages by going to IMG.  He may flame out.

IMG? You're talking about the school that McElwain and his staff recruit heavily but have yet to land a recruit from?

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 10:21 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-15-2017, 09:27 AM)Titansequaltrash Wrote: IMG? You're talking about the school that McElwain and his staff recruit heavily but have yet to land a recruit from?

Don't know .... I really don't follow UF.

Anyway, what I'm getting to (with my IMG reference) is the fact that a lot of these QBs that have all of the tools afforded to them throughout their elementary and high school years reach their potential earlier than perhaps someone coming out of a school like Bartram Trail.   IMG @ $80k/year has all of the coaching and facilities expedite the development process.  I'm being specific to the QB position here.

Case in point -- Tebow vs Cam Newton

Tebow (Home Schooled with all of the personal training that his dad could buy) peaked during his true Sophomore and Junior years (~age 20) whereas it took Cam Newton (West Lake HS in ATL) a while longer but he kept growing into the QB position.  At the end of the day, Cam turned out better than Tebow.  I'm just wondering if what we saw last year with Francois (now 20) is approaching his peak.

Case in point? We are supposed to think Francois reached his prime because Newton is better than Tebow? First off, Tebow is one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL QB in history. It's hard to find someone worse than him. Anyways, Newton had a lot more on his side in becoming a NFL QB. West Lake HS in ATL is not some shabby football program. It is home to numerous, numerous NFL players drafted in the 1st round. Tebow's school? Not so much. Newton comes from a family that has produced NFL-level talent. Both his father and brother played in the NFL. Tebow's family? Not so much. QB is Newton's natural position. He was prolific at the position in high school, college and the pros. Tebow played tight end in high school. He had to move to a football district with a crappy QB situation in order for him to play QB. It was also the position a majority of NFL teams wanted him to play.

Either way, coming from a family of "means" or from some "prep" school doesn't mean one peaks early. Eli and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan are a few of many NFL QBs who come from affluent families and attended high-end private or charter schools with good football programs. I doubt anyone would say they "peaked" at 20-years old. LOL
New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

If the talent is truly there, they wont peak. Deandre Francois got better as the year went on, learned Jimbo's offense, and this year he will be even better. There is zero basis to say that he wont be a better qb this year.

The only reason that Cam Newton didn't play over Tebow at Florida is because he was a year behind him and Tebow had established his position. Even with that, the Gators would still put Cam in the game for one off plays just to use his athleticism.

Tebow is the worst qb ever? I'm no Tebow fan, but I would pick him as an NFL qb over many of the back ups in the league as long as you didn't have to deal with the circus.