Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michigan vs Florida

(06-16-2017, 12:10 AM)hostiletakeover Wrote: Case in point? We are supposed to think Francois reached his prime because Newton is better than Tebow? First off, Tebow is one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL QB in history. It's hard to find someone worse than him. Anyways, Newton had a lot more on his side in becoming a NFL QB. West Lake HS in ATL is not some shabby football program. It is home to numerous, numerous NFL players drafted in the 1st round. Tebow's school? Not so much. Newton comes from a family that has produced NFL-level talent. Both his father and brother played in the NFL. Tebow's family? Not so much. QB is Newton's natural position. He was prolific at the position in high school, college and the pros. Tebow played tight end in high school. He had to move to a football district with a crappy QB situation in order for him to play QB. It was also the position a majority of NFL teams wanted him to play.

Either way, coming from a family of "means" or from some "prep" school doesn't mean one peaks early. Eli and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan are a few of many NFL QBs  who come from affluent families and attended high-end private or charter schools with good football programs.  I doubt anyone would say they "peaked" at 20-years old. LOL

Tebow isn't the worse NFL QB ever. Heck he won a playoff game and was clearly better then Kyle Orton. The Jets and 49ers could sure use him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-16-2017, 12:10 AM)hostiletakeover Wrote: Case in point? We are supposed to think Francois reached his prime because Newton is better than Tebow? First off, Tebow is one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL QB in history. It's hard to find someone worse than him. Anyways, Newton had a lot more on his side in becoming a NFL QB. West Lake HS in ATL is not some shabby football program. It is home to numerous, numerous NFL players drafted in the 1st round. Tebow's school? Not so much. Newton comes from a family that has produced NFL-level talent. Both his father and brother played in the NFL. Tebow's family? Not so much. QB is Newton's natural position. He was prolific at the position in high school, college and the pros. Tebow played tight end in high school. He had to move to a football district with a crappy QB situation in order for him to play QB. It was also the position a majority of NFL teams wanted him to play.

Either way, coming from a family of "means" or from some "prep" school doesn't mean one peaks early. Eli and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan are a few of many NFL QBs  who come from affluent families and attended high-end private or charter schools with good football programs.  I doubt anyone would say they "peaked" at 20-years old. LOL

It's not hard to find a QB worse than Tebow.... "Case in point......" Look right here in Jacksonville... Bortles is 100 times worse than Tebow.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

An interesting preview for the game. I don't think the guy is too familiar with Michigan, though.

http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/blog/...rines.html

[quote pid='1004612' dateline='1499548524']
An interesting preview for the game. I don't think the guy is too familiar with Michigan, though.

http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/blog/...rines.html
[/quote]

Key Matchup -- Felipe Franks vs the Michigan D

I'm not so sure he's familiar with Florida either given Zaire will most likely start that opening game.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 08:33 AM by UCF Knight.)

He doesn't know much about the Citadel either considering they were first in their conference and made it to the playoffs.

Edit: I was at a game not so long ago where Troy gave Florida a good run. After a torrential downpour where I didn't move, Florida was barely able to get the win. Only way I will ever go to a UF game, free tickets.

(07-12-2017, 08:32 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: He doesn't know much about the Citadel either considering they were first in their conference and made it to the playoffs.

Edit: I was at a game not so long ago where Troy gave Florida a good run. After a torrential downpour where I didn't move, Florida was barely able to get the win. Only way I will ever go to a UF game, free tickets.

I believe you're thinking of another game...we haven't played Troy in years. Last time was when Tebow was still on the team I think.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

That would have been the game. Tebow's senior year. That offense was awful for a good part of the year.

(07-12-2017, 03:49 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: That would have been the game. Tebow's senior year. That offense was awful for a good part of the year.

It was 56-6...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-07-2017, 05:53 AM)David4499 Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 12:10 AM)hostiletakeover Wrote: Case in point? We are supposed to think Francois reached his prime because Newton is better than Tebow? First off, Tebow is one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL QB in history. It's hard to find someone worse than him. Anyways, Newton had a lot more on his side in becoming a NFL QB. West Lake HS in ATL is not some shabby football program. It is home to numerous, numerous NFL players drafted in the 1st round. Tebow's school? Not so much. Newton comes from a family that has produced NFL-level talent. Both his father and brother played in the NFL. Tebow's family? Not so much. QB is Newton's natural position. He was prolific at the position in high school, college and the pros. Tebow played tight end in high school. He had to move to a football district with a crappy QB situation in order for him to play QB. It was also the position a majority of NFL teams wanted him to play.r

It's not hard to find a QB worse than Tebow.... "Case in point......" Look right here in Jacksonville... Bortles is 100 times worse than Tebow.

Bortles is 1000 times better than Ol' 2 of 8.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not a fan of Harbaugh.. but they are playing the Gators. So GO BLUE!

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017, 08:11 AM by Kane.)

(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 12:01 PM)Geen Wrote: :teehee: :teehee: Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

In all seriousness, I can't wait.

It's going to be bad [BAD WORD REMOVED], especially for us Gator fans, because we don't typically participate in games like this.

I'm stoked! Hopefully we can get our QB situation situated, but yeah, should be a good game.

Will the ND transfer be starting most likely?

I think he's a back up plan. Late transfer, and while he has some starting experience (only 98 collegiate attempts)... he actually isn't that great of a QB from what I've heard. Even read a tweet about him playing WR... not sure how much truth there is to that....
He was a great person (locker room guy/"leader") but just an OK QB.

Mac really likes Franks... and I think that is who gets the start with Zaire coming in if needed due to injury of if Franks doesn't pan out....
Zaire isn't the future.... maybe he gets UF a win or two more than a young guy like Franks... MAYBE...
but even still... they aren't winning the SEC this year (will have to contend with UGA just for the East)
Play Franks, imo... to get him ready to be "the man" in 2018.

(07-07-2017, 05:53 AM)David4499 Wrote: It's not hard to find a QB worse than Tebow.... "Case in point......" Look right here in Jacksonville... Bortles is 100 times worse than Tebow.

Wow... you've had some stupid posts before... but this might take the cake....

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017, 11:26 AM by David4499.)

(07-20-2017, 08:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:  Will the ND transfer be starting most likely?

I think he's a back up plan. Late transfer, and while he has some starting experience (only 98 collegiate attempts)... he actually isn't that great of a QB from what I've heard. Even read a tweet about him playing WR... not sure how much truth there is to that....

Mac really likes Franks... and I think that is who gets the start with Zaire coming in if needed due to injury of if Franks doesn't pan out....
Zaire isn't the future.... maybe he gets UF a win or two more than a young guy like Franks... MAYBE...
but even still... they aren't winning the SEC this year (will have to contend with UGA just for the East)

(07-07-2017, 05:53 AM)David4499 Wrote: It's not hard to find a QB worse than Tebow.... "Case in point......" Look right here in Jacksonville... Bortles is 100 times worse than Tebow.

There is no more cake and no more ice cream snowflake. Open your eyes and take you face out of your phone. Bortles is terrible... He's a drunk... he still thinks he's in college and he plays like he's in high school. Shad needs a real QB to run this team...not some hungover turnover machine.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017, 12:03 PM by Kane. Edit Reason: idiots )

(07-20-2017, 11:26 AM)David4499 Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 08:09 AM)Kane Wrote: I think he's a back up plan. Late transfer, and while he has some starting experience (only 98 collegiate attempts)... he actually isn't that great of a QB from what I've heard. Even read a tweet about him playing WR... not sure how much truth there is to that....

There is no more cake and no more ice cream snowflake. Open your eyes and take you face out of your phone. Bortles is terrible... He's a drunk... he still thinks he's in college and he plays like he's in high school. Shad needs a real QB to run this team...not some hungover turnover machine.

Snowflake? Don't use words you don't know the meaning to.

You're still an idiot.

Please provide proof Bortles is a drunk...

I'll wait.

ALSO: Stay on topic... this is a UF/Michigan thread.

(07-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 11:26 AM)David4499 Wrote: There is no more cake and no more ice cream snowflake. Open your eyes and take you face out of your phone. Bortles is terrible... He's a drunk... he still thinks he's in college and he plays like he's in high school. Shad needs a real QB to run this team...not some hungover turnover machine.

Snowflake? Don't use words you don't know the meaning to.

You're still an idiot.

I'll wait.

Michigan will destroy UF.. it won't be close.   Rolleyes
Mich 41
UF 10

(07-20-2017, 02:24 PM)David4499 Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Kane Wrote: Snowflake? Don't use words you don't know the meaning to.

You're still an idiot.

I'll wait.

Michigan will destroy UF.. it won't be close.   Rolleyes
Mich 41
UF 10

Even as a UF fan I find it hard to disagree with the outcome...
But that score is way off.

Michigan isn't hanging 41 on UF. You are out your ever lovin mind

I'm going something like 30-17

Personally, I don't care who wins the UF/MICH game. I hope it ends in a tie... that always screws up the rankings. I'm more interested in the decent players leaving UF because of poor coaching and heading to Miami and FSU.
ALA 55
FSU 19

(07-21-2017, 12:43 PM)David4499 Wrote: Personally, I don't care who wins the UF/MICH game. I hope it ends in a tie... that always screws up the rankings. I'm more interested in the decent players leaving UF because of poor coaching and heading to Miami and FSU.
ALA 55
FSU 19

Breaking News --- Div 1 College Football has Overtime effective 1995.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Ends in a tie? How can you even say anything remotely that dumb?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/malik...gators-dad
Did you all know that Malik Zaire is petitioning the NCAA to consider a prior year as a redshirt since he was injured early on?  If that happens, he may have 2 years at UF.

It is finally that time again for Gators and Wolverines fans. At 3:30 ET on ABC from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, Florida and Michigan will play the first game in the 2017 season for each team. GO GATORS!