Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Tripp

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 11:32 AM by haveaseat.)

Anyone think he could earn the MLB spot? First career start, mainly played OLB in college and didn't miss a beat.

Didn't get burned by a TE all game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Didn't hear his name much, that's a good thing.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He looked good. I'll admit I was worried before the game started but he played well, the TE didn't abuse us. He's better in coverage than Poz, I don't see him taking over this season if Poz gets cleared to play, but next season he could get the nod.

So nice to have reliable depth instead of Armbrister lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Didn't hear his name much, that's a good thing.

I was watching him in coverage. Dude was flying down field. Weird to see.

They need to IR Poz and let him go
"Get Better Everyday"

He'll probably stick around for depth. I feel we could drastically upgrade the position in the draft though. There are a couple of good LB's coming out I wouldn't mind seeing in teal.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He really did impress me in coverage.

I remember reading his name in the senior bowl connected to gus liking him.

Who knows, maybe he can turn into a solid role player. No reason why he can't become a JT Thomas type player.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Trouble is, now our opponents have film on him, so they will know a lot better how to attack him.   I'm just saying, we need to see more than one game before we can even say he'll have an NFL career at all. 

Quote:I remember reading his name in the senior bowl connected to gus liking him.

Who knows, maybe he can turn into a solid role player. No reason why he can't become a JT Thomas type player.

That's what I'm thinking as well. God knows our linebacker depth has been atrocious for almost a decade. JT was the last decent depth/role player we had. It's time to use some draft capital on building the position again. Draft Poz's replacement and an OTTO we can groom and get someone who can fly around to back up Telvin. Keep Tripp and cross train him at the other positions and he'll make solid depth as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Trouble is, now our opponents have film on him, so they will know a lot better how to attack him. I'm just saying, we need to see more than one game before we can even say he'll have an NFL career at all.

You're absolutely right.

It seems like any young player that plays one decent half prompts some people to post "why don't they start over *insert veteran starter here.*"

He at least did his job. He may have a future.

I think Armbrister has been way WAY worse and has a smaller shot at an NFL career. Just my opinion.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You're absolutely right.

It seems like any young player that plays one decent half prompts some people to post "why don't they start over *insert veteran starter here.*"

He at least did his job. He may have a future.

I think Armbrister has been way WAY worse and has a smaller shot at an NFL career. Just my opinion.

I think maybe Armbrister ought to be on the practice squad.   Gus and Dave would know better, but some guys have talent and just need some development.   We are so thin at linebacker, we're pulling guys off the street and starting them. 

Quote:I think maybe Armbrister ought to be on the practice squad.   Gus and Dave would know better, but some guys have talent and just need some development.   We are so thin at linebacker, we're pulling guys off the street and starting them. 
The logic I saw floated for Armbrister was essentially the same as the logic I saw floated for Marshall and Grant. The guys weren't far and away better than the other contenders for the last few roster spots, but Caldwell and Bradley felt like they'd lose those three guys if they waived them, and they weren't as worried about that with guys like Sterling and Koyack.