Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching today

I was at work and had to watch the play by play since we can't stream and I've seen a common theme of Gus making great coaching decisions today. 

I would like to know what everyone is talking about call and changes wise that makes it a good coaching game.

All feedback is appreciated. I'm waiting for gamepass to go on sale to watch the game after the season is over.  Its crazy to pay the price for it now.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was at work and had to watch the play by play since we can't stream and I've seen a common theme of Gus making great coaching decisions today. 

I would like to know what everyone is talking about call and changes wise that makes it a good coaching game.

All feedback is appreciated. I'm waiting for gamepass to go on sale to watch the game after the season is over.  Its crazy to pay the price for it now.

I like the Play were Hurns got the first down on replay, but the ruling on the field was OOB prior to the 1st. Rather than rushing to throw the challenge flag, Gus put the offense on the field on 4th and 1 and tried to draw an offsides before throwing it. It wasn't anything big, but It was something I noticed.

I also liked that the Jaguars went 5 wide inside the 5 and put the ball in Bortles' hands. The staff has finally realized that we have good redzone targets.

Quote:I like the Play were Hurns got the first down on replay, but the ruling on the field was OOB prior to the 1st. Rather than rushing to throw the challenge flag, Gus put the offense on the field on 4th and 1 and tried to draw an offsides before throwing it. It wasn't anything big, but It was something I noticed.

I also liked that the Jaguars went 5 wide inside the 5 and put the ball in Bortles' hands. The staff has finally realized that we have good redzone targets.

What they finally realized is we don't have the personnel for goal line run packages.  Trust me, they'd love to have that personnel.  Despite having the targets as you've suggested, it's still always less risky to run than it is to throw.  And if you can punch it in, you do just that over any other option.  I'd be shocked if it isn't addressed along with the defense in the off season.

Didn't waste challenges or time outs. Made adjustments.

Kept going for points. That was sweet.

ha i can't lie, all my co-workers at work were like uh, jags? 50 points? what is the NFL coming to lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 01:39 AM by archer56.)

Also super glad to see hurns was involved.  How did he look today after coming off the injury. the ball bortles threaded the needle on was b-e-a-u-tiful, one of the WOW throws that I've never seen since watching the jags but at the same time only 3 catches bothers me.  Were the targets there at least?

Also whats he deal with M. Lee and Yeldon. I saw Lee was probable but Yeldon didn't come back

Gus this one if for you

[Image: article-2579351-1C38204A00000578-102_634x419.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/u...-smile.gif

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Kept going for points. That was sweet.

Trotting the offense out and letting Bortles punch it in on 4th and 1 with the score 44-16 was awesome. We finally saw the Jags step up and let those jock sniffers know that we're not going to be rolling over against them anymore. The Jags are young, talented, and growing in confidence, and it's great to see.

Quote:I like the Play were Hurns got the first down on replay, but the ruling on the field was OOB prior to the 1st. Rather than rushing to throw the challenge flag, Gus put the offense on the field on 4th and 1 and tried to draw an offsides before throwing it. It wasn't anything big, but It was something I noticed.

Slightly off topic, but, if I was a head coach, I would designate one assistant coach up in the booth to talk to me whenever a major decision came up.   More than one guy would be chaotic, so just one guy, and not a major assistant like a coordinator, but some quality control type of guy who has to know every rule in the rulebook.   That guy would tell me, line up and try to draw them offsides, then throw the challenge flag. 

There is so much swirling around a head coach during a game, I would want to have one calm brainy guy up in the booth who knew all the rules and could be in my ear on major decisions, if only to keep me from doing something stupid.   "Take the 5 yards and automatic first down, coach, so we can run more time off the clock."  Stuff like that.  (Because there was one situation yesterday where we could get 5 yards and an automatic first down, and Gus was hesitating for some reason.)   

I was frustrated Gus Bradley waited so long to throw his red flag. When the referee said #93 reported eligible, I thought he decided not to challenge the play.

Quote:I was frustrated Gus Bradley waited so long to throw his red flag. When the referee said #93 reported eligible, I thought he decided not to challenge the play.

That whole sequence was brilliant by the coaching staff.