Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
D. Rob looked better than Yeldon

D. Rod seems like a more decisive runner; he doesn't do all that 'dancing around' like Yeldon does before he gets to the hole. He also seems explosively fast. Kudos to D. Rob for a good game!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 05:43 PM by JagSwag.)

For a little guy he bounces too, he took some heavy shots out there but kept balling. Respect to DRob

They both played well today in different circumstances.

In fact Drob had  5.4 ypc, Yeldon 5.6 (he would have probably gone over 100 yards if he didn't get injured)

I'd put Nard-dogg ahead of Yeldon because he has breakaway speed. Yeldon is good at making guys miss in small space and Nard-dogg is good at being decisive.

I think we're set at RB.

Change of pace guy that can gash defenses for huge gains. I like Yeldon because he's young and has a lot of talent, and plus he was hurt. We need a better run blocking team to get everything out of Yeldon, and we don't have that yet. He's not as versatile and can't make all the moves that DRob can, but he's forced to dance because there is never any holes for him.

Quote:They both played well today in different circumstances.

In fact Drob had  5.4 ypc, Yeldon 5.6 (he would have probably gone over 100 yards if he didn't get injured)

Mostly because Nard-dogg got goal line carries, which strongly pull down the average yards per attempt.

Fairly equal in my opinion. And well, Robinson got opportunities to run on the goal line today. Yeldon has JUST now started to get goal line touches. And Robinson is a third year pro. I think Yeldon will be better next year. We got them both, though. Reminds me of wen people were talking about who was better between Hurns and Allen Robinson. We got them both!

Yeldon-Robinson has been miles better than Gerhart-Pierce.

Quote:Mostly because Nard-dogg got goal line carries, which strongly pull down the average yards per attempt.

That's true, but also has to be considered Yeldon played mostly in first half when the offense was having perhaps the worst performance of the year.

That's why I said they both played well under different circumstances Smile

They both played VERY well. It's nice to see after the Slowby Show.

I like how everytime something happens in one game our fans overreact... Yeldon is still our guy

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 05:51 PM by jagsfaninmo.)

They are different kinds of runners. DROB is a good running back for a zone blocking scheme- one cut and go. Yeldon, imo, would be best used with a fullback in a power scheme, but we don't have a fullback or a good power line. Yeldon gets more out of nothing.... They compliment each other well. The coaches just need to use them correctly.

Yeldon is too patient. Sometimes it works out, sometimes the hole never opens up. I do think that all things being equal, as far as the hole opening up, Denard has more quickness and speed, and could a lot more out of a run than Yeldon. I would like to see somewhat more a committee at RB now, seeing what Denard did in today's game.

Yeldon

Quote:Change of pace guy that can gash defenses for huge gains. I like Yeldon because he's young and has a lot of talent, and plus he was hurt. We need a better run blocking team to get everything out of Yeldon, and we don't have that yet. He's not as versatile and can't make all the moves that DRob can, but he's forced to dance because there is never any holes for him.
Yeldon has more moves than Denard. D-Rob does not have the hips and sweet feet like Yeldon. Yeldon does not have D-Rob's speed though, which is the only thing Yeldon lacks. That's perfectly fine though because he's good at every thing else.

Yeldon tries too hard to try and make things happen sometimes. There's times where he just needs to put his head down and not dance. He'll learn that more as time goes on.

I really wish they would line them both up in the back field though. Having them both line up on each side of Bortles would create some serious match up issues, in my opinion. Both can run it, both can catch it. You'd have to respect them both, otherwise either one could burn ya for a big gain.

If they can provide a nice one-two combo the best of the season I will have more confidence in our running game behind a better oline next season. Never hurts to add more talent at RB though.

Hahaha, nooooooo.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Add an effective power back to the mix and you have a tasty triumvirate of running talent.

He needs to play like that more often, but they are a great combo, Yeldon still a better blocker and catcher, and more powerful, but Robinson is more explosive and quicker 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Add an effective power back to the mix and you have a tasty triumvirate of running talent.
Derrick Henry plz

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>