Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson our best OC since...?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 12:16 PM by haveaseat.)

How long has it been since we've had an OC that utilized our weapons and took shots downfield? Olson from Jedd Fisch has been a miraculous sight to compare.

Not to mention he's doing it with a very young offense. A lot of 2nd year guys with little experience. Imagine what he can do when these guys get a little more experience under their belt and can really break open the playbook and doesn't feel like he has to simplify anything.

Thank God we didn't hire Gase.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It looks like Oley is finally figuring out what it's going to take for this offense to score in the red zone. Assuming this continues, then he's the best OC we've had since Coughlin.

'02

He deserves credit no doubt, but I also think the development of Blake and ARob has been tremendous as well. I do love the vertical passing game though.

Quote:How long has it been since we've had an OC that utilized our weapons and took shots downfield? Olson from Jedd Fisch has been a miraculous sight to compare.

Not to mention he's doing it with a very young offense. A lot of 2nd year guys with little experience. Imagine what he can do when these guys get a little more experience under their belt and can really break open the playbook and doesn't feel like he has to simplify anything.

Thank God we didn't hire Gase.
To be fair, this is the first time since Garrard was here that the Jags had a QB that was good enough to throw downfield 

Hold on. I like some of the stats too. He has the two best draft eligible acqusitions ar wr in the history of this team and probably the best drafted qb. 07 with reggie williams and matt jones was a heck of a job.

Since Koetter.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:He deserves credit no doubt, but I also think the development of Blake and ARob has been tremendous as well. I do love the vertical passing game though.

Gregon Olson is the guy responsible for developing them.

Since Gilbride.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Gregon Olson is the guy responsible for developing them.

I'm not taking anything away from Olsen, but don't forget Blake did a lot of offseason activities to improve including refinement of his mechanics. To say all of his development is because of Olsen isn't fair to the commitment Blake had to his own development. I think Olsen's offense fits Blake style for sure.

Quote:To be fair, this is the first time since Garrard was here that the Jags had a QB that was good enough to throw downfield 

Garrard wasn't all that great at throwing downfield. He had a nice downfield strike once every other game when he happened to find someone wide open deep streaking down the middle, but otherwise he threw shorter passes or else mid-level sideline passes.

'02

Quote:Since Gilbride.

Didn't we go to the playoffs with Chris Palmer? I know he came after Gilbride.

Jedd Fisch

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 05:44 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

If the offense keeps performing well. It'll earn Olsen a HC gig

Quote:If the offense keeps performing well. It'll earn Olsen a HC gig

Not so fast. Our offense still struggles to score touchdowns in the red zone.

Quote:Jedd Fisch

I mean I guess we can thank him for Hurns.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 12:24 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Garrard wasn't all that great at throwing downfield. He had a nice downfield strike once every other game when he happened to find someone wide open deep streaking down the middle, but otherwise he threw shorter passes or else mid-level sideline passes.
agreed, but he was also the last qb we had that was able to throw downfield...Leftwich, Henne, and Gabbert couldn't do it...Garrard throwing long wasn't his strong suit, but he was able to throw for 15 plus a few times a game 

Quote:I mean I guess we can thank him for Hurns.

Thank Gus Bradley for Allen Hurns. He hired Jedd Fisch.

Quote:Since Gilbride.

This

Quote:Didn't we go to the playoffs with Chris Palmer? I know he came after Gilbride.

Google must be down.

Quote:agreed, but he was also the last qb we had that was able to throw downfield...Leftwich, Henne, and Gabbert couldn't do it...Garrard throwing long wasn't his strong suit, but he was able to throw for 15 plus a few times a game 

Leftwich was better than Bortles throwing downfield. Like Bortles he'd look for and find the deepest guy getting open, only he'd throw the deep ball with a perfect spiral and arc hitting the WR with touch and in stride. It's just his release took so long that defenders often got to him before he could get the ball off. With enough protection, Byron was one of the league's best deep ball passers.

'02