Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson our best OC since...?

Quote:Not so fast. Our offense still struggles to score touchdowns in the red zone.

Shapes and colors.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:20 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Leftwich was better than Bortles throwing downfield. Like Bortles he'd look for and find the deepest guy getting open, only he'd throw the deep ball with a perfect spiral and arc hitting the WR with touch and in stride. It's just his release took so long that defenders often got to him before he could get the ball off. With enough protection, Byron was one of the league's best deep ball passers.
He may have thrown a nice tight spiral but I wouldn't say Byron was better than Bortles

http://www.nfl.com/player/byronleftwich/...areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/blakebortles/2...areerstats

Quote:He may have thrown a nice tight spiral but I wouldn't say Byron was better than Bortles

http://www.nfl.com/player/byronleftwich/...areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/blakebortles/2...areerstats

I'm not saying he was a better qb. I'm saying he threw a better deep pass. There's a difference. I'm not even looking at the stats because there are several other factors that come into play that have nothing to do with what I'm saying here.

'02

Quote:Thank Gus Bradley for Allen Hurns. He hired Jedd Fisch.
we can thank weaver for selling the team to khan, whom hired Caldwell whom hired Bradley who then hired fisch who lead us to hurns... I guess xd

We are 4-8 and you talking about how good our OC is? Really? If we were soo good our rushing attack will be a threat also! Hell we just started scoring in the redzone. Come on mann!

So.... Our O-line's inability to open running lanes is the OC's fault?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:18 PM by Teal Curtain.)

The best Oc ! Ha!

Olsen is the best OC since Jedd Fisch.....Yeah, I already know but I'm not 'all in" with him as OC quite just yet.

Quote:So.... Our O-line's inability to open running lanes is the OC's fault?

Kind of, although Denard sure didn't have any trouble finding running lanes late in the Colts game.

'02

Quote:The best Oc ! Ha!

Let's stop posting for a bit, m'kay? Ha!

Quote:The best Oc ! Ha!
Was this a knee-jerk post after the first quarter or something?

Quote:We are 4-8 and you talking about how good our OC is? Really? If we were soo good our rushing attack will be a threat also! Hell we just started scoring in the redzone. Come on mann!
I know looking at actual facts is something you do your best to avoid, but if you bothered to do so, you'd notice that the Jaguars are ranked in the top half of the league on offense for the first time in years.  I know you're just a one trick pony that has to grind on the team even when they win, but Olson deserves a ton of credit for taking this VERY young offense and bringing it back from their 31st overall ranking last year to 15th and on the rise as of today.

I know....facts.  They're useless to you.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Jaguars offense scoring rankings:

• 28th in 2011

• 30th in 2012

• 32nd in 2013

• 32nd in 2014

• 8th in 2015

Quote: 

Jaguars offense scoring rankings:

• 28th in 2011

• 30th in 2012

• 32nd in 2013

• 32nd in 2014

• 8th in 2015

Quit bringing in those silly facts and figures.

There are moran's on the morning radio show right now calling in saying Olsen needs to be fired and Bortles needs to work on his accuracy.

We're surrounded by them folks   

Wallbash

Dirk..

Quote:There are moran's on the morning radio show right now calling in saying Olsen needs to be fired and Bortles needs to work on his accuracy.

We're surrounded by them folks   

Wallbash
Just heard that, and realized we still have some of the dumbest fans in the league 'round these parts. 

We should fire Olson and get a guy who is more balanced with the run (we passed the ball 30 times yesterday, and ran it 29). 

Then complaining about Bortles accuracy and the "tons of mistakes" he makes, referencing the TD pass to Hurns as one of those passes.  It's amazing.  He threads the needle and it turns into an 80 yard TD pass, and this guy is complaining that he threw into double coverage.

I see stupid people.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Gilbride, Koetter, and Olson were the only 3 good OC's we have ever had. Koetter did well with very little talent besides MJD. 

Could y'all see him being our HC is Gus gets the axe?