Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson our best OC since...?

Quote:Could y'all see him being our HC is Gus gets the axe?

Yes. However, I mentioned two years ago that Todd Walsh looked the part of a head coach to me. He just looks and sounds like a head guy. If he is even halfway descent as D coordinator I think he will get a head coaching gig within the next few seasons.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gilbride. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Our redzone woes were due to a non existent running game

Greg Olsen is the best offensive coordinator since the last time we had this much talent on offense. What a coincidence.

Quote:Greg Olsen is the best offensive coordinator since the last time we had this much talent on offense. What a coincidence.

That too

Quote:Could y'all see him being our HC is Gus gets the axe?

Probably Marrone would be the first choice, then Olsen.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2016, 11:22 AM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Probably Marrone would be the first choice, then Olsen.
I would choose Olsen to keep Blake happy and hire a good defensive coordinator Rex Ryan if he gets the Ax, Mike Pettine or Lebeau if he wants to get back into coaching full time. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

hes not really a particularly good oc

we just happen to have a really good trio

Quote:hes not really a particularly good oc

we just happen to have a really good trio

Who is a good coordinator that has produced with no talent?
Huh

Best since jedd

Quote:Leftwich was better than Bortles throwing downfield. Like Bortles he'd look for and find the deepest guy getting open, only he'd throw the deep ball with a perfect spiral and arc hitting the WR with touch and in stride. It's just his release took so long that defenders often got to him before he could get the ball off. With enough protection, Byron was one of the league's best deep ball passers.

Leftwich was better at nothing than Bortles.

Quote:Best since jedd
I like Jedd

Quote:Leftwich was better at nothing than Bortles.
He was better at not taking sacks and not throwing INTs than Bortles thus far.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...ftBy00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...rtBl00.htm

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:He was better at not taking sacks and not throwing INTs than Bortles thus far.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LeftBy00.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LeftBy00.htm</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BortBl00.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BortBl00.htm</a>

Byron was better at sacking himself more so than taking sacks.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Byron was better at sacking himself more so than taking sacks.

Nah, Byron stood there and took it. He was one tough guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Leftwich had a cannon, but unfortunately he took about the same amount of time as a cannon to get off a shot. And was less mobile.

I certainly will not question his toughness in the pocket though. I'll never forget the image of him having to be carried down the field after every play by his teammates at Marshall. Broke his shin in the 1st quarter, went to the hospital, came back, couldn't WALK, but demanded to play the 4th quarter to try and rally for a win.

That's a true competitor with heart. Glad he seems to be doing well.

Even adjusting for injuries, Leftwich took half as many sacks his first two years as Bortles

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Even adjusting for injuries, Leftwich took half as many sacks his first two years as Bortles
So you would rather have Leftwich than Bortles? If so then i question your judgement and you're one of the best and sophisticated poster on this message board.  

Quote:Who is a good coordinator that has produced with no talent?
cant think of any off the top of my head

Quote:Even adjusting for injuries, Leftwich took half as many sacks his first two years as Bortles

Oh I understand that, and don't get me wrong Bortles has shown to be more durable, not trying to take anything away from his valor at all. He's taken a constant pounding and still audibles into pass plays that statistically speaking he probably knows are gonna get him pounded again.

To laud Byrons grit was not intended to detract from Blake's. I just admired Byron as well.