Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First time in Florida. Danish Jags fan :)

Hey there!

I am a 23 years old guy who have been a huge Jaguars fan since 07 and I am visiting Florida for the first time in mid January and I am super exited!

I live in Denmark, so I am pretty exited about the opportunity to go to the home state of the Jags, but unfortunately, the chances of a home game at Everbank field in January seems pretty slim at the moment...

What would you guys recommend I do/see during my stay - anything "Jaguars related" to do at that time? Smile

I have about 10 days and I am staying in West Palm Beach Smile

Feel free to add any suggestions about what ever it could be! 

- Magnus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 09:40 AM by EricC85.)

West palm beach is pretty far from Jacksonville roughly 250 miles won't be much jaguars related there.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I have a car in West Palm Beach, so I am planning a drive up to Jacksonville one of the days Smile But yeah, it is quite a drive... 

In January pretty much the only thing you can do is drive up and see the stadium.  Maybe take a pic in front of the statue. 

Huh

Yea not really much to do in January to cold for the beaches could see some of the bars but they have those in west palm beach.

Surely some of you could take a day and meet the fella and show em around no? Maybe hit a few hot spots, get em drunk, etc. Give em the Dragonfury treatment. 

What's with all these European Jags fans going to Florida in the offseason? It's a lovely destination, especially in winter but surely you'd want to match this one up with the regular season? That's what I did.

PS: Skål!

Quote:In January pretty much the only thing you can do is drive up and see the stadium.  Maybe take a pic in front of the statue. 
Do they, by any chance, do any tours of the stadium? Smile

Quote:Yea not really much to do in January to cold for the beaches could see some of the bars but they have those in west palm beach.
I am used to 70 degrees during the summer here in Denmark, so I am hoping for something in that area...Hell, everything above 60 degrees - Im on the beach Wink

Quote:What's with all these European Jags fans going to Florida in the offseason? It's a lovely destination, especially in winter but surely you'd want to match this one up with the regular season? That's what I did.

PS: Skål!
Yeah I know...But it wasn't possible due to work etc..But yeah - that part sucks :/

And "Skål" to you Wink

Quote:I am used to 70 degrees during the summer here in Denmark, so I am hoping for something in that area...Hell, everything above 60 degrees - Im on the beach Wink

hit or miss in January but usually it's below that, but we've been know to get heat waves and it's in the 70's in January before.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Not Jags related, but go to St Pete (Madeira Beach) - I was there for a wedding last November, it's gorgeous.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:hit or miss in January but usually it's below that, but we've been know to get heat waves and it's in the 70's in January before.
Crossing my fingers then Wink I was seriously hoping for some beach volley  :teehee:

Quote:Not Jags related, but go to St Pete (Madeira Beach) - I was there for a wedding last November, it's gorgeous.
Cool! Ill maybe check it out! But its over in Tampa, right? 

Quote:Cool! Ill maybe check it out! But its over in Tampa, right?

Tampa it should still be pretty warm in january

If you come up to Jacksonville spend some time in downtown St. Augustine its got tons of history and some cool bars/restaurants

Quote:If you come up to Jacksonville spend some time in downtown St. Augustine its got tons of history and some cool bars/restaurants
Perfect, thanks! Looks pretty cool! Smile

Don't count out the Jax/Neptune beach. Even in the 60's walking the beach in a sweater is good and rates at the hotels are cheap. There are places to go and watch the playoffs while drinking a beer. It would be fun to watch the college football championship in one of the local hot spots too.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

You're a 23 year old dude.  Skip the trip to Jacksonville and go 2 hours south to South Beach, Miami and look at topless Brazilian chicks on the beach (Ocean Drive between 8th & 11th Street).

Quote:You're a 23 year old dude. Skip the trip to Jacksonville and go 2 hours south to South Beach, Miami and look at topless Brazilian chicks on the beach (Ocean Drive between 8th & 11th Street).

This.