Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Tripp set to start at MLB if Poz can't go

Quote:STRENGTHS

Triggers fast downhill vs. the run. Diagnoses quickly and is around the ball a lot. Outstanding motor, intensity and effort. Extremely competitive. Very tough. Outstanding weight-room work ethic. Sculpted with very minimal body fat. Elected team captain. Exceptional character. Emergency long snapper (started all four years). Has a special-teams temperament. Takes the game very seriously. Athleticism was on display at the combine -- paced linebackers with a 3.96-second short shuttle, recorded a 6.89-second 3-cone drill and vertical jumped 37 1/2 inches.

WEAKNESSES

Has short flappers and gets stuck on blocks. Can do a better job using his hands to stack and shed. Plays a bit too out of control. Tightness shows up in space trying to break down and secure open-field tackles (misses too many). Wound tight in coverage and not quick to redirect (allows separation).

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 5-6

BOTTOM LINE

A tough, determined, competitive overachiever capable of earning a job as a backup linebacker and special-teams performer.

OH NO! He has short flappers?!?! Sad

So, Russell Allen?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Re: Jordan Tripp

It never ceases to amaze me how much better these players are than me YET how far they are from a starting job in the NFL.

I would like to see Tripp.  It would be good to determine if he is a keeper.

Quote:OH NO! He has short flappers?!?!  Sad

Can he do the Charleston, though? Yes...I'm totally dating myself...again.

[Image: tumblr_ml00w9scTU1sndz1ao1_500.gif]

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Can he do the Charleston, though? Yes...I'm totally dating myself...again.

[Image: tumblr_ml00w9scTU1sndz1ao1_500.gif]

Only a handful of us get the joke, even with the visual aid.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Only a handful of us get the joke, even with the visual aid.

Hey now. I'm 27 and I got it right away
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He's good at covering and stopping the run.

Didn't miss Poz at all today, did we?

Quote:Only a handful of us get the joke, even with the visual aid.

All that matters was you got it, rj. Oh and...

SUCK IT CLOTS!
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Tripp played well from what I saw. He and Marshall both were nice surprises (besides that long TY catch)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We didn't allow a TE to burn us deep down the middle all day so I'm sold. We've been missing our LB's in the passing game. Poz is a good leader but I didn't miss him today.

No pain, no gain.

It's nice having a MLB who can cover downfield

I wonder if he keeps the starting job. Someone tells me Poz will be out next week too
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He was pretty good in coverage but did not fill his run fits like Poz does.

Quote:He was pretty good in coverage but did not fill his run fits like Poz does.

There aren't many MLBs in the league who play the run like he does
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I really like Poz, but the question is, do Tripp's coverage abilities outweigh being a little weaker than Poz in run defense?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:There aren't many MLBs in the league who play the run like he does

Werd.

But the defense just played well all around.  I thought the scheme was done well, too.  We blitzed quite a bit today, which was nice to see.  The D looked really good today.  I wonder how much that has to do with Hasselback being 40 years old and banged up?

But at this moment, I'm not gonna think about it.

Quote:OH NO! He has short flappers?!?!  Sad
Don't tell J-Dub. Her head might explode from trying to figure out why we have a duck playing linebacker.

Quote:I really like Poz, but the question is, do Tripp's coverage abilities outweigh being a little weaker than Poz in run defense?

It's a passing league...  I think that kinda answers the question, at least for me...  Not sure if Tripp is the answer, just saying, we need better pass defense all around.  

Play Poz on 1st and 2nd. Tripp on 3rd downs/obvious passing situations.