Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts week

Quote:It's the defense's turn to play well and the offense and/ or special teams will stumble. On Monday this board will be praising the defense and asking what's wrong with our offense/special teams, after a 10-3 loss.

Fool me once, shame on you......Fool me 9 times, shame on me.
This is about how I feel about it too, unfortunately

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's the defense's turn to play well and the offense and/ or special teams will stumble. On Monday this board will be praising the defense and asking what's wrong with our offense/special teams, after a 10-3 loss.

Fool me once, shame on you......Fool me 9 times, shame on me.

Uh, what? Offense was the only thing we were good at in Nashville LOL. Everybody was talking about how good we are on that side of the ball. I can't imagine that would change in only one week.

Quote:Uh, what? Offense was the only thing we were good at in Nashville LOL. Everybody was talking about how good we are on that side of the ball. I can't imagine that would change in only one week.
" I can't imagine that would change in only one week."

...then you clearly haven't watched any Jags games in the last several years or so. There is no limit to the depth of woe that this team can/has reached.

Quote:Then you clearly haven't watched any Jags games in the last several years or so. There is no limit to the depth of woe that this team can/has reached.

I'm not talking about scoring 39 points again. However, the Colts have a bad defense, Allen Hurns will play, and the whole offense is better now than it was in Week 4. So I am not expecting a terrible outing on offense against a bad defense. Sure, we can underachieve, but I would be surprised if this week is statistically terrible.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015, 07:00 PM by Section105Fan.)

Quote:I'm not talking about scoring 39 points again. However, the Colts have a bad defense, Allen Hurns will play, and the whole offense is better now than it was in Week 4. So I am not expecting a terrible outing on offense against a bad defense. Sure, we can underachieve, but I would be surprised if this week is statistically terrible.

The point that I was making is that, week to week, we have no consistency. One week the offense shines. Then , the offense stinks and the defense shines. The team can't seem to have all three phases perform well at the same time.

Another thing..........every week I read about how the opponent is weak in run defense, or pass defense, or they have multiple key players injured, or is last in the NFL in this or that, and therefore the Jags should just tear 'em up in those areas. And after each game, the opponent who had a lousy running attack runs over our defense........the QB who can't throw a stone and hit the lake throws for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. The third-string offensive tackle who was asking "paper or plastic " a week ago is opening up huge running lanes against our first stringers. What the heck is going on?

Quote:The point that I was making is that, week to week, we have no consistency. One week the offense shines. Then , the offense stinks and the defense shines. The team can't seem to have all three phases perform well at the same time.

Another thing..........every week I read about how the opponent is weak in run defense, or pass defense, or they have multiple key players injured, or is last in the NFL in this or that, and therefore the Jags should just tear 'em up in those areas. And after each game, the opponent who had a lousy running attack runs over our defense........the QB who can't throw a stone and hit the lake throws for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. The third-string offensive tackle who was asking "paper or plastic " a week ago is opening up huge running lanes against our first stringers. What the heck is going on?

It happens to every team, both good and bad. We are far from the only team that rides a rollercoaster like that. So you will never hear me say "Because Jaguars" when that stuff happens to us.

Quote:It happens to every team, both good and bad. We are far from the only team that rides a rollercoaster like that. So you will never hear me say "Because Jaguars" when that stuff happens to us.

He'll never hear you say it because you're not talking, you're typing. On an internet forum. There's no audio on this message board unless he has a text-to-talk program installed on his computer. But even then, he won't be hearing you unless you have a robot voice.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

We do too have consistency....We're consistently inconsistent

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:I'm not talking about scoring 39 points again. However, the Colts have a bad defense, Allen Hurns will play, and the whole offense is better now than it was in Week 4. So I am not expecting a terrible outing on offense against a bad defense. Sure, we can underachieve, but I would be surprised if this week is statistically terrible.
Got it. I would suggest that you not be surprised then if you end up being 'surprised'.

Think about it for a moment...

*we've not beaten any team who was in 'good' shape when we played them.

*those teams we did beat we only 'just' squeaked by.

*we have repeatedly lost games that were immanently winnable.

*we have already lost to a couple of the bottom five teams in back to back losses.

*and even though our quarterback set a new franchise record recently and we scored over 30 points against the tacks, we nevertheless managed to lose!

Realize that the colts are a better overall team than the tacks... and we've already lost to both of them. Yes, our offense did look much better against a bad tack defense, but they've looked abysmal against other teams who also had bad defenses. We've yet to look good against even a moderately 'good' defense.

My point is that while the Jags have shown signs of improvement, they haven't demonstrated the ability to consistently play at a high level in any area of the game; the notable exception to this would be the performance of our receiver corps. At the same time, one or more aspects of the team (offense, defense, special teams) has demonstrated the aggravating tendency to play at astoundingly low performance levels.

At this point, I suggest that you should save your 'being surprised' for when the Jags win big or against a good team...or really, if they just win at all. I wouldn't think that by this point any Jag fan would be surprised when we blow opportunities. Hopefully, we'll have reason for a less pessimistic attitude starting next season. 

Quote:Let's stay on topic and just talk about the Colts game.

I like turtles.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I like turtles.

Still off-topic.  Peyton plays for Denver now.

[Image: BlcG6PSCQAI6-TO.jpg]

We have to win a game of signifigance this year

Who's starting at QB for the clots?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Who's starting at QB for the clots?

Probably Matt Hasselbeck, definitely not Andrew Suck. I hope Charlie Whitehurst does.

There is only one key to winning the game: Score more points than the other team.

Screw the clots!

One of these years.............

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 01:33 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:I like turtles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Edit: Oh yeah, screw the clots.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:There is only one key to winning the game: Score more points than the other team.

Screw the clots!

How do you expect the Jaguars to do that?

Quote:We have to win a game of signifigance this year

Are there any games of significance left on the schedule this year? Or do we have to wait for next year for that to happen?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Are there any games of significance left on the schedule this year? Or do we have to wait for next year for that to happen?

The next one, obviously.

The freaking colts are 16-0 in their last 16 games against AFCS opponents.

It'll be depressing if they get through these next 3 division games going 3-0 and winning the division yet again by default.

Hopefully the Jags win tomorrow. But plz, anyone from the AFCS plz step up and beat them for once!