Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts week

Quote:The freaking Colts are 16-0 in their last 16 games against AFCS opponents.

It'll be depressing if they get through these next 3 division games going 3-0 and winning the division yet again by default.

Hopefully the Jags win tomorrow. But please, anyone from the AFCS please step up and beat them for once!

It is well known the Colts are only good against the AFCS. I don't know how far back people are referring to, but I keep hearing they have a terrible record against all other divisions. Nobody says that about other teams, so that tells me the AFCS sucks and the Colts are overrated.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we win out, (assuming the Texans lose this week like they should) and the Colts drop one more game against either the Dolphins or the Texans, we're in the playoffs.

Weird that there's still hope.

I don't think it'll happen by any means, but crazy nonetheless.

We could even drop one against the Saints or Falcons if Indy loses to the 2/3 after us and Tenn offs the Texans.

Quote:If we win out, (assuming the Texans lose this week like they should) and the Colts drop one more game against either the Dolphins or the Texans, we're in the playoffs.

Weird that there's still hope.

I don't think it'll happen by any means, but crazy nonetheless.

We could even drop one against the Saints or Falcons if Indy loses to the 2/3 after us and Tenn offs the Texans.

Not true. All three AFCS opponents have defeated us, so we need to have the best division record to get in because the HTH tiebreaker does not apply. Obviously that one belongs to the Colts.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 03:35 PM by JaguarKick.)

Quote:Not true. All three AFCS opponents have defeated us, so we need to have the best division record to get in because the HTH tiebreaker does not apply. Obviously that one belongs to the Colts.

It's not at all unlikely that the Colts could lose to both the tinhorns and tacks, nor that the tacks could best the tinhorns.

I played around with the playoff machine, and if we're all three tied at 8-8, I'm pretty sure that Jags take it.

Quote:It's not at all unlikely that the Colts could lose to both the tinhorns and tacks, nor that the tacks could best the tinhorns.

I played around with the playoff machine, and if we're all three tied at 8-8, I'm pretty sure that Jags take it.

Nope.  Indy needs to lose their final 3 divisional games (which means, at best 7-9 for them) to give Jax a chance at a tiebreaking win.  I don't think Jax can win any tiebreakers at 8-8 with Indy and/or Houston.  At least, I couldn't with the playoff machine.

However, if all three teams finish at 7-9 with Indy losing all 3 divisional games and Houston only beating Indy, Jax wins the tiebreaker.

Not only does Jax have to beat both the colts and texans, they have to rely on the titans to also beat both of them.

Neither Jax or Tenn has been able lately to beat another AFCS opponent other than each other. That has to change in a big way ASAP.

The Texans also have to win a game in INDY, something they have never accomplished before.

Unless all that changes immediately, the colts are on their way to yet another division title and home playoff game courtesy of the AFCS.

Quote:It's not at all unlikely that the Colts could lose to both the tinhorns and tacks, nor that the tacks could best the tinhorns.

Exactly how do you expect Tennessee to beat Indianapolis? You have to be realistic about this.

Quote:Exactly how do you expect Tennessee to beat Indianapolis? You have to be realistic about this.
They almost beat them very early in the year. That's how.

Quote:They almost beat them very early in the year. That's how.

Andrew Suck was the quarterback during most of it. Matt Hasselbeck has been playing better than him.

Back to the topic, who thinks we will win Sunday?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 06:41 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Andrew Suck was the quarterback during most of it. Matt Hasselbeck has been playing better than him.
They only won that game because Luck brought them back.

Quote:Frailbones, yes it does because we kept their TD drive alive by committing penalties on defense that gave them automatic first downs. That stood out to me more than missed tackles.
Not being able to stop teams on 3rd down also keeps TD drives alive.

Quote:Not being able to stop teams on 3rd down also keeps TD drives alive.

That is what I am talking about. We committed penalties on third down. Don't hit a player late, they have to punt. Don't jump offsides, they have to punt. Don't interfere with a pass, they have to punt. A whole drive was like that.

Sheesh.  I thought they would at least have a little bit of mercy.